Income verification letter News flash

Ok this is maybe you i a brit (boo,hiss or applaud if you wish)

Today i ventured out in pattaya to the following consuls requesting income verification letter for immo

1 Sweden "Wont do if income outside of sweden"

2 Austrian "Cannot do"

Now here is the thing i amongst others in previous threads have submitted copies of agreement from swedish consul

barry kenyon and the british embassy at bangkok that other eu consuls will assist in aquiring the aforesaid proof.

Well it aint gonna happen.

So options are for brits..

1 Post (lol at thai post) 2 Go direct to bangkok 3 Use key visa for additional fee of 300 baht.

Ok we all know it thailand and things change faster than i can fart excuse the pun, but i'm suffering from sunburn

but hey good sightseeing tour of N pattaya Se pattaya S pattaya.

Not to mention waking up b4 sunset really made my day lol

Moral being never believe what you read on www

To Expattaff1308.

yes it all over the place my post just like the way i felt on the back of a motorbike ridden by a crazed thai woman, namely my wife bless her,

But i'm sure you understood what i was getting at, and i hope it will help other members who visit this site.

So please be kind to others who try and help on here and not mock them ty.

I THINK what he is saying is:-

When the British Consulate in Pattaya stopped issuing income verification letters last year,

Barry Kenyon the honorary Consul (or who ever it was at the time),

I believe stated something on the lines that, British people in Pattaya should try other EU consulates

to obtain a verification letter.

Obviously he has tried but been knocked back by them

I myself at the time thought that this wouldn’t happen.

OP, as for Thailand Post I think you will find it very satisfactory;

I have posted, and received, several letters to and from the British Embassy in Bangkok

with no problem at all.

Have a Nice Day.

• Like 2

OP, as for Thailand Post I think you will find it very satisfactory;

I have posted, and received, several letters to and from the British Embassy in Bangkok

with no problem at all.

So have I.

Indeed the tone of their latest guidance (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/301359/Publication._Pension_2014._Master.pdf) would appear to indicate that the Embassy are now only prepared to issue such letters by correspondence rather than through physical visits to them in any event.

To Expattaff1308.

yes it all over the place my post just like the way i felt on the back of a motorbike ridden by a crazed thai woman, namely my wife bless her,

But i'm sure you understood what i was getting at, and i hope it will help other members who visit this site.

So please be kind to others who try and help on here and not mock them ty.

If you read my post you would see there is no mocking only genuine information in how to obtain the letter which you desire. I have used the the Thai postal service over many years and am yet to have a problem, nor is heading to Bkk to the Embassy and Im in the North East,

Why you thought any other consulate would assist is really beyond me, when I read about what Mr Kenyon suggested I ignored it as he didnt follow it up with 'an agreement has been reached' and it was pure speculation, common sense really.

How your mail is all over the place in Pattaya remains a mystery.

As for the comment for too much sun, if you read your post together with your remarks of too much sun you would understand what I was saying.

Enjoy your day!

Well, I may be a special case, being on a state pension and all...

But I just emailed my German pension slip to a translation office, originally aking for a translation, and I what got back posted to my German address was a writ by the German embassy to Bagkok to immigration I was receiving this or that amount in annuity.

Easy.

Served me well in getting a Non-Imm-O M.

Can't tell you about the fees as they duly translated my two degrees with the same order for 140 € altogether, but... easy.

I amongst many others have read posts concerning using other consuls & have even posted myself an e-mail which i received from swedish consul confirming that they would accept a income document from a brit for endorsing for the benefit of satisfying immo for the princely sum of 570 baht.

As for the Thai postal service,i have not received several letters from abroad,therefore i will not take this route even though it maybe reliable within thailand itself, it could be that i am unlucky or my letters were mislayed by whomever,

Anyway fellow posters/readers we know now what route not to take,

Ok off to local pharmacy suntan cream run out lol.