Two female Thai students brutally killed at a flea market

webfact

Two female students brutally killed at a flea market

two-female-shot-wpcf_728x413.jpg

YALA: -- Two female students were shot dead by suspected separatists as they went shopping at a flea market in Yaha district of Yala province Wednesday afternoon.

The two victims were identified as Ms Sutheera Petchan, 29, a native of Songkhla and Ms Kulradee Petmark, 21, a native of Thung Song district of Nakhon Si Thammarat. Both were students of Sirindhorn public health college in Yala.

The two students were designated to undergo training at Somdej Phra Yupparach hospital since July 1. On Wednesday afternoon after having finished the training course of the day, they left the hospital on foot to Ban La Kor flea market to buy food for their dinner.

As they were walking in the market, two suspected separatists approached them from behind and they fired one shot each with handguns at point-blank range on the heads of the two victims.

The two students died instantly at the market while the assailants escaped.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-female-students-brutally-killed-flea-market/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-10

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two hospital trainees shot dead in Yala
The Nation

YALA: -- Two female trainees at Yala's Phra Yupparat Yaha Hospital were shot dead by suspected insurgents while they were shopping at the Ban Lakor Market at 3pm yesterday.

Police found the bodies of Sutheera Phetchan and Kulradee Petchmak, each with a gunshot wound in the head, and collected a 9mm spent bullet at the scene.

Initial investigation found that the two women, who were students of Sirindhorn College of Public Health in Yala and had been training at the hospital since July 1, had walked to the market to buy food. They were allegedly being tailed by two men at the market, one of whom pulled out a gun and shot the women before fleeing the scene. Police suspect this attack was part of ongoing unrest in the region.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Two-hospital-trainees-shot-dead-in-Yala-30238156.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-10

How cowardly does it get. I wonder if the terrorists are celebrating themselves as real men today? And they think God is going to reward them for that? How ridiculously misguided religious zealots are. RIP the poor young Girls.

I don't think they think god will reward them for that, they aren't Jihadists. They are terrorizing separatists.

i really wonder whats going on, in south thailand. What can push thai people to commit this senseless killing of innocent victims?

The murdering scum may not be Thai.

• Like 1

Wonder what they think they gain from targeting (student) nurses and teachers, how can that possibly help anyones cause ? Whatever they may think their cause is.

Two more senseless deaths of young ladies who would, had they lived, have done good for society.

Not senseless to them. Anyone who is not a Muslim is an infidel. They make merit for killing infidels.

If they should die during such acts, then they attain martyrdom and immediate access to heaven and the 27 virgins. Some version of AlQ'ran mentions 70 virgins.

• Like 2

i really wonder whats going on, in south thailand. What can push thai people to commit this senseless killing of innocent victims?

You are kidding right? You are trying to make victims out of the shooters.

Nothing has "pushed" them to it.

You think the shooters had no choice? That this is their only outlet?

They are just pure evil scumbags. They have a choice. Their lives are not so bad. They are 100% responsible. There has been no pushing.

I would guess the students had their uniform on? They do it as they think any person that works for any government system, hospital, school, police, soldier, etc are a fair target as they represent the Thai government.

The shooters think they'll be rewarded with 40 virgins when they die.

Unfortunately any who speaks out will also suffer the same fate as the girls or worse.

Thailand should deal with this whilst the Coup is on! It will be too late afterwards. Many countries have the same problem, but Thailand has an ideal opportunity to cleanse itself of these people - as well as the other long list of things that need to be addressed.

When certain dictators decided to conduct some ethnic cleansing in Eastern Europe, most onlookers condemned them - maybe rightly so at that time, but we hadn't had 9/11 then and did not know so much about the terrorists that we were facing. We know a lot more now and I wouldn't be so quick to condemn new ethnic cleansing because these cold blooded killers are targeting people like me - who doesn't want to be converted to their religion I - or any religion for that matter. I take each day as it comes, without any religion - so why should I fear for my life ?

• Like 1

The murdering scum may not be Thai.

Those are not Thai people. They are in what once was the sultanate of Pattani.

During the reign of Rhamkhanmen, it was annexed by force and became part of Thailand. All the inhabitants of Pattani were, and are, Muslims, with customs and language different from Thai. That is the genesis of the violence in the South.

Even if technically they are Thai by birth they do not consider themselves Thai.

That violence is nothing new. Nowadays in this Media saturated world we hear more frequently about it.

It cannot end nor be attenuated until Thainess morphs and becomes less nationalistic and accepts compromise over the stubbornness of losing face.

Sort of: business is bad in the store: let's raise the prices!

Who are the ''real'' Thais that you allude to?

Sent from my GT-S7270 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So do these 2 monsters deserve prison or the death sentence ?

The death sentence is the easy option but I was impressed with the judge in the last case where the only remaining member of the 9/11 terrorists was brought to justice. The government there asked for the death penalty. On May 3, 2006, a jury decided against the death penalty for Moussaoui. The next day, he was sentenced to life in prison without parole. As he was led out of the courtroom, Moussaoui clapped his hands and said, "America, you lost... I won." Judge Brinkema responded by telling him that he would "die with a whimper" and "never get a chance to speak again." That guy is now going to be in that cell for the rest of his life, isolated from human contact and I think the judge got it exactly right.

• Like 2