Israel 'to intensify Gaza attacks'

webfact

Israel 'to intensify Gaza attacks'

JERUSALEM: -- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu has vowed to "further intensify attacks on Hamas" in the Gaza Strip, following talks with his defence chiefs.

He said the Palestinian militants would "pay a heavy price" for their rocket attacks on Israel.

Israel's military said Hamas had fired 82 rockets at Israeli cities on Wednesday, after dozens of overnight air strikes in Gaza.

Some 50 Palestinians are reported to have died in the recent hostilities.

Israel says its targets have been militant fighters and facilities including rocket launchers, weapons stores, tunnels and command centres.

Gaza medical officials say half of the casualties were civilians, including women and children.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28233135

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-07-10

Indeed a fine example of how to further inflame a volatile situation.

The whole region is a catalyst of violence and when that catalyst explodes it is going to be a very nasty experience that if those involved both overtly and covertly cannot or will not contain could well and I am afraid in reality will develop into the worlds third atomic weapons attack.

Armegeddon could well be rerun on the ground yet again only this time the price expected will be a lot more far ranging and reaching than the last time.

The whole region is a catalyst of violence and when that catalyst explodes it is going to be a very nasty experience that if those involved both overtly and covertly cannot or will not contain could well and I am afraid in reality will develop into the worlds third atomic weapons attack.

Armegeddon could well be rerun on the ground yet again only this time the price expected will be a lot more far ranging and reaching than the last time.

Well, if it's an atomic weapons attack Israel will have the whole place to itself.

• Like 2

Just remember that radical ISIS is on the rise and and further inflamation of the sitution in the region will certainly escalate beyond ones worst nightmares.

Neversure post # 6

Well, if it's an atomic weapons attack Israel will have the whole place to itself.

The problem being it may not just be confined to that region, fallout in all its horryfying and murderous slow death and with its resultant genetic mutations effects forms travels unimpeded and far.

Netanyahu has used the horrible kidnapping and murder of three teenagers to start a war with Hamas. Yes, Hamas is a terrorist organization, albeit an elected government as well but the Israeli government used the kidnappings as an excuse to raid Palestinian territory, arrest hundreds who probably had nothing to do with the kidnapping and in the process killed between 7 and 11 Palestinians and bulldozed the houses of suspects not convicted of any crime. He has presented no proof that Hamas was even involved in this crime. So what are they to do? Throw some rockets over the border which is just the excuse that he needs to launch a full scale invasion. I am convinced that this government does not want peace with the Palestinians ever.

Edited by kamahele
  • Like 2

I am convinced that this government does not want peace with the Palestinians ever.

You may be right. Why would Jews in Israel want peace with an entity that still wants to drive them into the sea? Dude, it's a two way street.

I am not sure if it's true but I recently saw video of Arab Israeli citizens (about 20 percent of Israeli citizens) having street parties in Israel to celebrate the Hamas missiles going further into Israel. What does that say about the situation?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

80 something rockets and no reported casualties ?.

That might have to do with the fact that half of Israel are hiding in shelters while Hamas has Palestinian woman and children acting as human shields to shield their terrorist fighters and protect rocket launchers while they are firing into civilian areas.

Several Palestinians were killed in an airstrike on a Gaza rooftop. Palestinian medical sources told CNN the death toll was 10, but then lowered it to seven. Official Palestinian news agency WAFA reported that six were killed. Those killed were forming a "human shield" on the roof of a home belonging to members of Hamas' militant wing, Palestinian sources said. Two were children, WAFA and Palestinian medical sources said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/08/world/meast/mideast-tensions/

That might have to do with the fact that half of Israel are hiding in shelters while Hamas has Palestinian woman and children acting as human shields to shield their terrorist fighters and protect rocket launchers while they are firing into civilian areas.

Several Palestinians were killed in an airstrike on a Gaza rooftop. Palestinian medical sources told CNN the death toll was 10, but then lowered it to seven. Official Palestinian news agency WAFA reported that six were killed. Those killed were forming a "human shield" on the roof of a home belonging to members of Hamas' militant wing, Palestinian sources said. Two were children, WAFA and Palestinian medical sources said.

Knowing CNN's quality of journalism, you are better off watching BBC or AL JAZEERA.

Hamas do not have exclusive rights on the using of children as human shields. The IDF have used them too.

If you missed the news, Hamas has been targeting nuclear reactor for the second day.

Netanyahu has used the horrible kidnapping and murder of three teenagers to start a war with Hamas. Yes, Hamas is a terrorist organization, albeit an elected government as well but the Israeli government used the kidnappings as an excuse to raid Palestinian territory, arrest hundreds who probably had nothing to do with the kidnapping and in the process killed between 7 and 11 Palestinians and bulldozed the houses of suspects not convicted of any crime. He has presented no proof that Hamas was even involved in this crime. So what are they to do? Throw some rockets over the border which is just the excuse that he needs to launch a full scale invasion. I am convinced that this government does not want peace with the Palestinians ever.

I really can not help but wonder where some people get their news from,

It was Hamas who used the murder of a boy to turn it into a rocket football field.

It was Hamas who celebrated the murder of Jewish boys, and instigated violence, riots and rocket attacks after the arab boy was killed.

It is Hamas who is firing rockets aiming at civilians

It is Hamas who is targeting nuclear reactor, because they are too stupid to comprehend or understand, should it blow up, Gaza, and Co all will die, including all the neighbors.

May be Hamas is too illiterate to read and familiarize itself with what has happened in Chernobyl and how many and at what radius were affected.

• Like 2

Don't be ridiculous. Not as a matter of policy. A few rogue soldiers may have done so. Hamas does it routinely.

Ah, so when The IDF do it it is "a few rogue soldiers", but Hamas do it routinely! Now who's being ridiculous! An Amnesty International report into the 2008 Gaza war found instances in which the IDF endangered the lives of civilians, including children, by using them as 'human shields'. Examples such as, "forcing them to remain in or near houses which they took over and used as military positions". Some were forced to carry out dangerous tasks such as inspecting properties or objects suspected of being booby trapped. In 2010, two IDF soldiers were convicted of ' excess authority', for using a 9 year old Palestinian child as a human shield to open packages they suspected of being booby trapped. They both received 3 months probation and were reduced in the ranks. That'll show them! The Israeli Deputy Military Advocate for Operational Affairs commented that "The defendants did not seek to humiliate or degrade the boy"! But of course these instances were carried out by "rogue soldiers", acting independently, there were obviously no senior officers in charge. Right?.

The point of my earlier post was to show that both sides are capable of these acts, but of course this is not what you want people to know, is it? The use of children as human shields is an appalling act, no matter which side does it. To downplay it when Israeli forces do it, as somehow of no consequence, a rogue act, is par for the course for you though, you have an 'Israel right or wrong' mindset, a closed mind on any topic regarding this region.

• Like 1

The hostilities with between Hamas and Israel started before the kidnapping and murder of the three Israelis.

There was a relatively adhered to informal ceasefire since the last round for a while, but all good things come

to an end. Even before June there was talk (on both Palestinian and Israeli media) regarding the possibility of

a conflagration in the coming summer.

One of the background issues is the Hamas and PA unification agreement. Hamas, already facing an economic

crisis in the Gaza Strip, and suffering loss of popular support, was afraid of appearing to be taking a weak position

vs. Israel by going along with the PA. Without being able to deliver on economy and an image of getting soft on

Israel - people in Gaza might have turned to the Islamic Jihad (which already got extra credit by proxy to ISIS).

Getting tough quick was a good solution to their problems.

The raids and arrests conducted in connection with the kidnapping and murder were carried out in the West Bank,

not in the Gaza Strip. Most of the arrested were Hamas people, can't say Abbas shed real tears over that. Having

no proof, well - the two wanted guys are Hamas people with former arrests. The third suspect arrested lately is a

Hamas man...

And so far, thankfully, no full scale invasion.

Agreed that peace is not something the Israeli government is keen on. That goes for the partners as well.

Don't be ridiculous. Not as a matter of policy. A few rogue soldiers may have done so. Hamas does it routinely.

Ah, so when The IDF do it it is "a few rogue soldiers", but Hamas do it routinely! Now who's being ridiculous! An Amnesty International report into the 2008 Gaza war found instances in which the IDF endangered the lives of civilians, including children, by using them as 'human shields'. Examples such as, "forcing them to remain in or near houses which they took over and used as military positions". Some were forced to carry out dangerous tasks such as inspecting properties or objects suspected of being booby trapped. In 2010, two IDF soldiers were convicted of ' excess authority', for using a 9 year old Palestinian child as a human shield to open packages they suspected of being booby trapped. They both received 3 months probation and were reduced in the ranks. That'll show them! The Israeli Deputy Military Advocate for Operational Affairs commented that "The defendants did not seek to humiliate or degrade the boy"! But of course these instances were carried out by "rogue soldiers", acting independently, there were obviously no senior officers in charge. Right?.

The point of my earlier post was to show that both sides are capable of these acts, but of course this is not what you want people to know, is it? The use of children as human shields is an appalling act, no matter which side does it. To downplay it when Israeli forces do it, as somehow of no consequence, a rogue act, is par for the course for you though, you have an 'Israel right or wrong' mindset, a closed mind on any topic regarding this region.

The fact that you can cite individual cases, and that these cases are detailed, accounted for and in some instances resulted in trials and convictions may give you a clue about the difference.

The current regulation applies by the IDF are a joke - before firing on a residential they give a warning (leaflet/phone/radio), then wait, then fire a sort of dud shell/missile as further warning, and then attack for real. I'm all for avoiding Palestinian casualties, but this surely takes the cake - if someone doesn't clear off after several warning, I dunno....Darwin award?

There are unconfirmed reports that Hamas now tells civilians to disregard Israeli warnings.

• Like 1

The fact that you can cite individual cases, and that these cases are detailed, accounted for and in some instances resulted

in trials and convictions may give you a clue about the difference.

The current regulation applies by the IDF are a joke - before firing on a residential they give a warning (leaflet/phone/radio),

then wait, then fire a sort of dud shell/missile as further warning, and then attack for real. I'm all for avoiding Palestinian

casualties, but this surely takes the cake - if someone doesn't clear off after several warning, I dunno....Darwin award?

There are unconfirmed reports that Hamas now tells civilians to disregard Israeli warnings.

Regarding the Hamas policy on human shields:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ6S0-o3uFI

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am convinced that this government does not want peace with the Palestinians ever.

You may be right. Why would Jews in Israel want peace with an entity that still wants to drive them into the sea? Dude, it's a two way street.

I am not sure if it's true but I recently saw video of Arab Israeli citizens (about 20 percent of Israeli citizens) having street parties in Israel to celebrate the Hamas missiles going further into Israel. What does that say about the situation?

It says about the same as the 5 Israeli's caught on video in New York, and seen by eye witnesses, dancing as the Twin Towers came down. You can't have your cake and eat it Jingthing. Both sides are wrong and trying to defend EITHER side is morally reprehensible.

• Like 1

It says about the same as the 5 Israeli's caught on video in New York, and seen by eye witnesses, dancing as the Twin Towers came down. You can't have your cake and eat it Jingthing. Both sides are wrong and trying to defend EITHER side is morally reprehensible.

I'll ignore that off topic flame / 911 conspiracy theory rubbish and instead focus on the current events in Israel and Gaza.

As I did bring up the Arab Israeli citizen celebrations in TEL AVIV, I suppose I should show what I was referring to. I can't verify the accuracy of these videos so if someone can verify that this is real (or show it isn't) that would be welcome.

Posted July 9. Supposedly Arab Israelis in TEL AVIV celebrating the Hamas rockets going deeper into Israel.

And another one, presumably similar time.

Anyway ... I thought it was relevant that Israel has 20 percent Arabic citizens to see a scene like this.

Edited by Jingthing

It says about the same as the 5 Israeli's caught on video in New York, and seen by eye witnesses, dancing as the Twin Towers came down.

The Snopes fact-checkers say that nutty little conspiracy theory is a load of crap that originated in Pravda and a very unreliable, pro-Palestinian TV channel. Why do you always post this kind of nonsense? Do you expect anyone take it seriously?

"None of us need any reminders after the events of September 11 of what an ugly place the world can be, but we continue to receive those reminders nonetheless. In this case, there are plenty of anti-Semitic, anti-Zionist and anti-Israeli groups eager to use the horrors of September 11 as fodder for propaganda to serve their own political ends."

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/israel.asp]

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2