Large Spiders in house!

Pleas

Hi,

I've found 3 of these spiders in my bungalow this past week. About 2 inches across. Does anyone know what type of spider it is, and if dangerous.

Also, any hints on keeping them out of my place? Thanks, indeed.

post-173947-0-96648300-1404959676_thumb.

That one's a small one. Must be a male. The Females are very large up to 8" across. Very fast and they do eat the cockroaches and house lizards. Harmless but scary to some people.

• Like 2

had them around here for years. never had a problem. they are more scared of you than you should be of them. smile.png

Not my experience. First time I saw one, a really big one, in our living room I just saw some motion and thought it was a mouse. Got up to look at it and it went flying right at me fast and scared the crap out of me. biggrin.png Sorry to say I beat the crap out of it with a broom as I didn't know if it was harmless. I don't do that anymore knowing they are harmless but still gives me shivers when they show up in my room.

This is one that came and visited us. Around 13-15 cm. I used a looong zoom to photo him. wink.png

post-566-0-24529000-1404965578_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I hate (scared of ) spiders. Can of mossie spray sorts them out in the house. Beaten a very large camel spider to death with 2 kg hammer in front of my tent in Yemen many years ago. Cycling in the jungle here, golden orb spiders across my path freak me out, bike down, lots of cursing by me. I don't like spiders.....

We get quite a few of these harmless chaps (chapesses), Wifey doesn't like them so muggins here has to persuade Boris (or Borisse) to move out of the bedroom.

They can get quite 'aggressive' when you try to move them on, but I've never been nipped.

they do eat the cockroaches and house lizards. Harmless but scary to some people.

That's great to knows! I always thought they where some dangerous kind of spiders because of the way they look, as the Tarantulas.

I hope they will help me in getting rid of all those Gekos as they get into anything, leaving around their excrements and blowing up computers, tv and anything else that works with electricity causing many 1000's Bahts in damages, those Jing-Joes are really annoying...

Its bad luck to kill spiders,so just don't do it.

regards Worgeordie

Seriously? Only in grim Newcastle, I suppose.

I had one of those creatures run towards me once in a public bathroom. I kicked it away and it disappeared inside a toilet cubicle. Not sure if someone was taking a cr@p inside, but I didn't hear any screams so I suppose it was alright.

Its bad luck to kill spiders,so just don't do it.

regards Worgeordie

Seriously? Only in grim Newcastle, I suppose.

I had one of those creatures run towards me once in a public bathroom. I kicked it away and it disappeared inside a toilet cubicle. Not sure if someone was taking a cr@p inside, but I didn't hear any screams so I suppose it was alright.

To make a remark like that you either, have not been to Newcastle or are from Sunderland,!

Regards Worgeordie