Krabi Town

Wj99

Just arrived in Krabi Town and it feels totally different to the north, it's a lot quieter and almost a ghost town in comparison.

Also I'm not sure it's just me but being a place next to the sea I was assuming the seafood to be cheaper than it actually is - not complaining as it's amazing but still, not sure how the locals afford it?

Yes, not to be as dry and blunt as the last poster, but the locals buy direct and take home, the restaurants buy direct and do the markup. Rent, electricity,staff pay etc being on your bill.

That being said enjoy the quietness, maybe take a daytrip out to the Emerald pools. Have fun.

• Like 1

What are the emerald pools? I'll be coming to stay in krabi town a few days end of the month and am looking for things to do and see on a motorbike. My readings have suggested the town has excellent food.

What is the weather like in krabi in july so far?

thanks for the warning, i'll ride slowly and carefully, so much new stuff to see for me! Just been to krabi province once, and that was quite a while back, but not to ao nang, nor the town, only railay beach.

That's too far for me, only got two full days before i head to koh jum. I want to see what ao nang's all about, plus enjoy the vibe of the town.

• 3 weeks later...

post-10894-14065913700188_thumb.jpgpost-10894-14065913849322_thumb.jpg

I think these are photos of the Emerald Pools. These were take a day or two ago from a family friend. My kids were there but I'm back home in the States.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• 4 weeks later...

Back home in chiang mai now. What an excellent town krabi is. I enjoyed it so much i never even got a bike to go to ao nang or the emerald caves or anywhere else. I had four nights there and really enjoyed the whole vibe of the place. I found the local people to be friendly and welcoming. I loved the food i had, local stuff and food aimed at tourist people.

For anybody thinking of coming to krabi town:

i went on a long walk out of town towards the two rock formations and then turned into the mangrove walkway for a shady and enjoyable walk.

I enjoyed Art of Tea shop for breakfast and some great pots of tea, and a very friendly girl who ran the place.

I enjoyed the friday and saturday 'walking' street, which was more of a square to me. Lots of great looking food to buy and drinks to wash it down with, only pity was not so many seats in the middle.

Since i like vegetarian food (tonnes of it in chiang mai) it was great to find a vegetarian breakfast/lunch place, big portions small price.

Early morning walks along the sea/river towards and beyond the park at the end with the sun rising over the eco island really started my day on a high. A great cafe/restaurant pretty much opposite the evening food place there, can't recall the name. Great value breakfasts.

I think it must be a great town to live in. Next time i shall try to venture forth! I didn't even get over to the eco-island. However, after i left the town i went to koh jum, so i did get my beach time in.

• Like 2