webfact

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Message to General Prayuth:

Please reform SRT. Re form it please.

I travel by rail frequently and aside from this horrible crime, I don't see any issue with the rail service.

Its an inexpensive means of transport serving many locations throughout the country.

It is popular amongst Thai and farang alike. It offers an economical means of transport.

This was a horrible incident. The entire country is rightfully in shock; however, the outlet for that anger should be directed at the assailant and not the SRT.

So you don't have any issues with SRT personnel drinking beers whilst on duty and a few walking around the wagons high on amphetamines, you agree that is good for the service???

Or do you think beer drinking by personnel on a train only happens once a year?

I travel by rail frequently and aside from this horrible crime, I don't see any issue with the rail service.

Its an inexpensive means of transport serving many locations throughout the country.

It is popular amongst Thai and farang alike. It offers an economical means of transport.

This was a horrible incident. The entire country is rightfully in shock; however, the outlet for that anger should be directed at the assailant and not the SRT.

So you don't have any issues with SRT personnel drinking beers whilst on duty and a few walking around the wagons high on amphetamines, you agree that is good for the service???

Perhaps english is not your first language or perhaps your reading comprehension is just low but I request you copy and paste where I said anything of the sort or I may be forced to try out the slander laws here in Thailand.

Staff in the catering car routinely drink or are drunk, with no supervision. On my last night train journey about 2 years ago from Surat Thani up to Bkk the staff in the catering car were very drunk and high and charged me 150B for a bottle of chang. I politely said it was usually 6o or 80 baht or whatever it usually was at the time. They were very agressive and stuck to this 150B price and were clearly enjoying my situation, making sure I could see that they were putting my overcharge in their pocket. Well, I spent at least 1,500B for beer on that trip and was the last time I used the night train, and quit drinking not long after that. Horrible having scrotes like the drunk SRT staff holding power over you like that.

you could have abstained from drinking during your journey if you didnt want to be ripped off.......

In the past, the relative who got the rapist a job never would have been named, especially

if he occupied a position of real power. This has always been the Thai style. However

there is a new sheriff in town, who has new rules. The nearly immediate sacking of the

SRT chief is just one example. So I expect that whoever this guy is that bypassed hiring

laws to get his relative a job, will soon face the music. After all, if the head guy just got

sacked, what chance does an underling have who was directly responsible for the hiring

of the rapist ??

ClutchClark post 59
Siamplolee,

So you are the first person to complain about the parents allowing their 13-year old daughter to travel on the train without an adult.

It seems very early to be critical of the family.

I made no reference at all as to the traveling status of the victim it would seem as if you are the one who has either made the comment or assumed I made it.

My children have traveled on the S.R.T. with their peer group and no adults using the sleeper service,I had no qualms concerning their actions either.

Please do try to be less emotional and read posts properly, your somewhat spirited defence of what we all knew to be a flawed system is rather sad and one asks why you feel you should take that stance.

I've been here in Thailand for some 24 years and still one encounters those who seem to be unaware of the sometimes harsh and tragic realities of life and subsequent death here.

Edited by siampolee

ClutchClark post # 93

Perhaps english is not your first language or perhaps your reading comprehension is just low but I request you copy and paste where I said anything of the sort or I may be forced to try out the slander laws here in Thailand.

That quote from your recent post highlights both your pompous attitude and naivety. Indeed you have a great deal to learn if you are able to or actually wish to learn

ClutchClark post # 93

That quote from your recent post highlights both your pompous attitude and naivety. Indeed you have a great deal to learn if you are able to or actually wish to learn

Is it difficult going through life without a sense of humor?

You attributed certain talking points to my post that I clearly didn't make so that you could have a pretense to further argue. I asked you to show where I said those things and you obviously cannot.

Get over yourself, mate. Your not being healthy about this. ;-)

ClutchClark post # 100

You attributed certain talking points to my post that I clearly didn't make so that you could have a pretense to further argue. I asked you to show where I said those things and you obviously cannot.

Then why did you make and publish such an inane comment in the public domain?

Humor could have been injected into the post if it was intended to be humorous.whistling.gif

Oh, please note. I prefer not to be addressed as ''mate'' I am selective concerning the company I keep.rolleyes.gif

<p>

ClutchClark post 59 Siamplolee,So you are the first person to complain about the parents allowing their 13-year old daughter to travel on the train without an adult.It seems very early to be critical of the family.

I made no reference at all as to the traveling status of the victim it would seem as if you are the one who has either made the comment or assumed I made it. My children have traveled on the S.R.T. with their peer group and no adults using the sleeper service,I had no qualms concerning their actions either. Please do try to be less emotional and read posts properly, your somewhat spirited defence of what we all knew to be a flawed system is rather sad and one asks why you feel you should take that stance. I've been here in Thailand for some 24 years and still one encounters those who seem to be unaware of the sometimes harsh and tragic realities of life and subsequent death here.

Yes, you have exposed my warm sentiments for traveling by rail and for railways. I cannot deny it. I enjoy the history of the rail and I have traveled through many countries by rail. I really enjoyed the steam locomotive trip offered 3 months back--as much fun as it was the year before.

I am sorry you have such an issue with my spirited defense of the SRT system.

Since it causes you so much difficulty, might I suggest you ignore my posts in the future.

You have been in Thailand quite some time and so I have some sympathy and understanding for your slightly fragile emotions after being exposed to the harsh and tragic realities of Thailand.

Lets just agree to disagree and I wish you well.

Edited by ClutchClark

I can see the headline now "Anonymous poster sued for slander by anonymous poster".

It will be a exciting trial, I hope I can be on the Jury, I dibs foreman job.

This could be one of the largest payouts ever awarded in doucheville.

• Like 1

CC, weren't you suggesting you were going to sue people for slander a moment ago? What's that all about old bean. I never knew that Trainspotter or Fanciers got so upset. Must be all those tunnels and trains laugh.png

• Like 1

CC, weren't you suggesting you were going to sue people for slander a moment ago? What's that all about old bean. I never knew that Trainspotter or Fanciers got so upset. Must be all those tunnels and trains laugh.png

Im not allowed to ride the trains anymore. Lifetime ban. Makes me so sad when I see a train go past.

:(

• Like 2

I can see the headline now "Anonymous poster sued for slander by anonymous poster".

Not so anonymous......Write a post that is over the top in violation of the lese majeste law,

and see how long it takes to have the police knocking on the door after they track down your IP address given to them by TV.....

• Like 1

MrToad, I failed to get my ;-) at the bottom of my comment before I lost the edit option.

I am not actually the litigious sort and even with Thailands reputed defamation suits, I am doubtful a post on TV would qualify. However, since the attempted humor fell so flat--maybe such things are possible here.

Cheers

ClutchClark post # 100

Then why did you make and publish such an inane comment in the public domain?

Humor could have been injected into the post if it was intended to be humorous.whistling.gif

Oh, please note. I prefer not to be addressed as ''mate'' I am selective concerning the company I keep.rolleyes.gif

Selective concerning the company you keep? No one can possibly type that on a thread on this forum and not be going for comedy.

I apologize, sir, you certainly do have a sense of humor after all.

ClutchClark # 102

Yes, you have exposed my warm sentiments for traveling by rail and for railways. I cannot deny it. I enjoy the history of the rail and I have traveled through many countries by rail. I really enjoyed the steam locomotive trip offered 3 months back--as much fun as it was the year before.

I am sorry you have such an issue with my spirited defense of the SRT system.

Since it causes you so much difficulty, might I suggest you ignore my posts in the future.

You have been in Thailand quite some time and so I have some sympathy and understanding for your slightly fragile emotions after being exposed to the harsh and tragic realities of Thailand.

Lets just agree to disagree and I wish you well.

So you are one of the brown anorak brigade that we knew so well on the railway system in the U.K. try chatting to those old drivers who came up from firemen regarding the dubious virtues and delights of firing a steam train, romantic it was not

So it seems as if you wish to express your opinion(s) but others cannot or must not express their opinions if they are not wholeheartedly in agreement with you.

My father and indeed many others like him did a all expenses paid special excursion world tour from 1939-1945 so as we can now express our opinions you know.

I'll take the benefits of his and others efforts if you don't mind

Oh boy, no, I am not a train spotter and I don't own a brown anorak.

I grew up in Colorado in the final hours of steam. My father was a "rail", a conductor that saw the transition from steam to diesel electric although he would not have used the term romantic to describe anything, he would certainly not waste words on anyone who spoke poorly of steam or favorably of diesel. You would be further mistaken in your slight that I am the type who would chat up anyone about trains.

It seems you just keep missing the mark there mate.

Edited by ClutchClark

Its worthy to get pissed off at the individual managers responsible not the SRT as a whole. The boss has gone, now they need to investigate the local operations.

Then they need to reissue the operating guidelines and then start firing people who don't comply. Problem is, these govt organisations are a hotbed for paid jobs and nepotism. They are secure, lucrative and cushy.

Shaking up a place like that isn't easy.