US prepared to broker Gaza ceasefire, says Obama

webfact

P.S The US embassy in Tel Aviv have stopped processing tourist visas, but let Saudis in with preferred trusted traveller status.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

A great bit of spin. However...

Due to the current security situation in Tel Aviv, U.S. Embassy Tel Aviv remains open but is operating at reduced staffing until further notice, and has canceled routine visa application processing and American Citizen services. Emergencies involving an American citizen and visa applications will be considered on a case by case basis.

http://israel.usembassy.gov/consular/niv/nonimmigrant.html

EDIT: Apologies, after posting see already a response.

Edited by simple1

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what you mean is that the west aren't to sure that the supposed freedom fighters aren't terrorist, and that Russia would veto any attempt to arm them against their man Assad.and that's before you even get on the subject of ISIS or Islamic state. Or the infighting of the various factions fighting Assad.

Yet Obama supports Hamas a terrorist organization.

cheesy.gif

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/183529

PLO: US Backs Hamas in Ceasefire Talks
PA officials accuse John Kerry of plot to 'get rid of the PLO,' back Muslim Brotherhood through Hamas; Abbas said to be 'furious'.

Remember there are many posters here who truly believe there are NO INNOCENT GAZANS...

Maybe you can point out a post that justifies such a stupid accusation. Relating the FACT that the Palestinians started the violence in the first place, have refused numerous peace deals and have elected a terrorist group - Hamas - to represent them in no way is a claim that "there are no innocent Gazans". There are innocent people everywhere. Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

<but when an Israeli kills a Arab terrorist there is uproar. >

The uproar is about the IDF killing women and children, not terrorists.

Post removed to allow response:

Remember there are many posters here who truly believe there are NO INNOCENT GAZANS...

They adopt the same "guilt through election" reasoning that OBL used to justify 9/11.

http://www.theguardi.../24/theobserver

Ulysses G., on 24 Jul 2014 - 19:06, said:

The "victims" started the conflict in the first place, have refused numerous peace deals and elected a terrorist group - Hamas - to represent them There is such a thing as personal responsibility.

It's a zero sum game with this crowd.  They won't express sympathy for all of the murdered women and children.  They won't express regret that schools and hospitals were bombed. They'll never back down even in the face of mounting evidence of war crimes.  And in this case, in the face of a mounting body count.

Edited by up-country_sinclair

I feel sympathy for innocent civilians on both sides, but support Israels right to get rid of those terrorist rockets and tunnels and understand that a war always produces civilian casualties and especially when one side actually desires them for PR purposes. 

• Like 1

This is interesting, the Israeli left went ballistic with Obama and Kerry's ceasefire terms. Haaretz so often cited by Western leftists stated that the terms Kerry outlined might as well have been penned by Khaled Mashaal himself. Latest opinion polls show 97% of Israelis want the Israeli army to step up it's action against Hamas. In a Country where two people seldom agree a 97% majority speaks volumes. I hope the sense of betrayal also registers with those who would normally vote Democrat in the US.

http://carolineglick.com/israel-hamas-and-obamas-foreign-policy-2/

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 1

It's a temporary measure until the next war. Forces on both sides make peace unlikely in the enforceable future but for time being Israel is totally justified to defend their nation and people from forces dedicated to their destruction. 

I am not disputing that, but it is a fact that every day the conflict continues, more enemies are created that will attack israel in the future.

I agree. But it goes both ways. That latest tunnel thing from Gaza has indeed turned a lot of more potentially moderate Israelis to the right. There has to be political will on both sides to have a hope of peace, and yes, the obvious lack of willingness to accept Israel existing at all from Hamas really IS a big deal to Israel. 

This is repeated misinformation. It is Israel who refuses to accept Hamas as a partner in peace.

Hamas have offered an indefinite truce and recognition of Israel in its 1967 borders

No misinformation, except for your repeated claims for something which is untrue.

Haniyeh is not talking about Hamas recognition of Israel, but vice versa.

Haniyeh is not talking about an Israeli state within the 1967 borders, but about a Palestinian one. There is no reference

to accepting Israel as a permanent fixture - a truce offer is not the same as a peace offer. In the context used, its meaning

has more to do with a respite utilized to gather strength for renewing the fight when conditions allow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudna

• Like 1

Please stop telling untruths here. Obama has never said he supports Hamas. He wants the IDF to stop killing Palestinian civilians, including women and children, which is not the same thing.

Post removed to allow posting

Posting the same comment 3 times doesn't maker it true! whistling.gifclap2.gif

That wasn't my fault. I often have multiple posts for some reason. I had to go after posting that and didn't know it posted 3 times.

• Like 1

Maybe you can point out a post that justifies such a stupid accusation. Relating the FACT that the Palestinians started the violence in the first place, have refused numerous peace deals and have elected a terrorist group - Hamas - to represent them in no way is a claim that "there are no innocent Gazans". There are innocent people everywhere.

The "victims" started the conflict in the first place, have refused numerous peace deals and elected a terrorist group - Hamas - to represent them There is such a thing as personal responsibility.

Maybe you can point out a post that justifies such a stupid accusation. Relating the FACT that the Palestinians started the violence in the first place, have refused numerous peace deals and have elected a terrorist group - Hamas - to represent them in no way is a claim that "there are no innocent Gazans". There are innocent people everywhere.

Yet another dishonest post. Where do I say that  there are "no innocent Gazans"? Let me help you out. I don't.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Yet another dishonest post. Where do I say that  there are "no innocent Gazans"? Let me help you out. I don't.

That quote was your response to discussion about innocent Gazan victims. 

You put the word victims in quotes. Typically putting a word in quotes means that the word isn't your choice. So, it begs the question if they aren't victims in your view, what are they?

Then you say the victims started the conflict.

Then you say they should have personal responsibility.

I know you probably regret saying that now, but its out there...

• Like 1

Quit trying to put words in my mouth. I don't regret it at all. Relating the FACT that the Palestinians started the violence in the first place, have refused numerous peace deals and have elected a terrorist group - Hamas - to represent them is in no way a claim that "there are no innocent Gazans". That is YOUR statement. There are innocent people everywhere. 

By the way, you need to study up on how quotes are actually used, so you can stop using and "interpreting" them any old way that fits your agenda. 

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

the FACT that the Palestinians started the violence in the first place

In case you're unaware, typing the word "fact" in capital letters doesn't actually make something a fact.  It's kind of like the person who screams during a disagreement:  Yes, that person is louder, but not necessarily in the right.

And by the way, the whole world (except for Israel its apologists) knows that Israel started the violence this summer.

the FACT that the Palestinians started the violence in the first place

In case you're unaware, typing the word "fact" in capital letters doesn't actually make something a fact.

No, of course not. What is written in the HISTORY BOOKS makes it a FACT. Read one some time. The Arabs started attacking the Jews long before they finally fought back, have refused numerous peace deals and have elected a terrorist group - Hamas - to represent them - all FACTS. Edited by Ulysses G.

Whoever is correct, it is worth remembering that most Gazans are too young to have voted Hamas in, so lets not blame a majority of Gazans of electing them.

• Like 1

It has only been 9 years. They must have a hell of a birth rate. blink.png

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn25993-the-reasons-why-gazas-population-is-so-young.html#.U9zQvBQ5O70

First, the Gaza Strip's population of roughly 1.8 million has an unusually large proportion of children. Figures for 2013 from Index Mundi, the internet source of country data, show that that 43.5 per cent of the population is aged 14 or under, compared with 32 per cent in Egypt and 27 per cent in Israel.

The median age in Gaza is 18,

"Obtuse" would be claiming that most Gazans were not born when Hamas was elected, when it is obviously not true .

I said
<it is worth remembering that most Gazans are too young to have voted Hamas in>

If you were referring to my post I expect an apology for telling untruths.