Am I being cheap?

benj005

If you are on a shoestring budget, you have no right to be here. There are plenty of poor born here and they don't need any more poverty stricken people.

Thanks for the heads up, General and welcome to the forum. I had no idea you posted on TV ;)

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to leave a couple of hundred baht per day in a small jar on my desk in our room. TGF took on to this and realized it was for her daily expenses. Then one day when I didnt leave it I see her dip down to look to show me she knows about this.,.. ah you had to be there so cute.

Sorry to answer your question. Well "What would she have done if you were not there"?. Would she have spent 3500 to Korat if you were not there if yes then you are not tight and she just wants to treat you like an ATM but if she normally wouldnt pay that much to visit her family then perhaps chip in a few quid to keep the peace.

One of the frustrating things in Thailand is that you farang are like the DSS office because the wealth of Thailand has been stolen by the elite who act with impunity and Thais are not courageous enough to change their lives for the better. Kreng Jai rules to their detriment and a big hole in your wallet if you stay long term like this.

• Like 1

Yes, I have been there, done that. If she is letting you off with paying half,I would say be happy, and expect to occasionally chip in more, so it may actually come down to 65/35 %.

Yes, I too sometimes conclude that saving money is an anathema to many Thais, having the attitude that if you have it spend it. I gave money to a friend, with the ideas she keep it for her daughter' s education, but she spent it on what she felt were more immediate needs- air conditioning. Do we judge? up to you

Dont expect her to change anytime soon.Thai women think you are made of money,

Surely you mean ignorant Thai women think you are made of money. There are Thai women who could buy and sell any of us, and they certainly know we are not made of money. I would venture to say any educated Thai woman knows that too.

And what percentage of that kind would go for the selection of farangs in Thailand cheesy.gif

Surely he means the majority of thai women looking for a farang partner.

That's what I said, ignorant Thai women.

Dont waste any more of your time. Marry her, buy a house for her and one for her parents, a motorbike for her brother and give her 'friend' a million baht. Then get divorced..This should all take a few months...Then you'll be single again.This time learn from your experiences and stay single....

• Like 1

I already see thread on same topic on another forum and many member reply that thai girls want to support their family. Even he spend money on her mom , nephew, and so on and in the end he fed up paying thousands on her even he sale his i pod. I don;t know about you but be wise and careful . One thing you can do to test her. Pretend you have post your job and you are out of money then see what her reaction.

OP what nationality are you?

American. Italian/Irish with some Jewish blood from mom's side.

That's where the money thing comes in. :)

No it's not...it's just you quibbling over 35 bucks. If you can't afford it you need to get a better job son.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Cheap.. why.. I mean I let my wife pay her share too. I don't understand guys paying it all for their wives g/f.

Then again I would not go for a woman / girl without her own income and independence. I would feel I would be buying the girl by paying it all for her.

Then again I am of a different generation of most of the guys here, guys like my dad would consider it normal as they were the breadwinner and the wife the cleaner.

So kinda depends on the kind of girl. I would not mind paying for an 18yo Coyote dancer to be my mia noi cheesy.gif

Nice excuse for a cheap Charly, in top with high morals, this is somthing new for me.

Anyway I believe only what I can see or touch or both.

Looks like you having still somethings to learn about Life.

You have to pay for all the girls soon or later.

Carpe Diem wai2.gif

Id be careful putting my hand into his wallet. He probably washes out and re-uses frangers. Could get nasty.
Let's put this way if the OP is fretting over such small amounts of petty cash, wait till the subject of Sin Sot comes up, he had better book himself a room in the cardiac unit of a "reasonably priced" hospital now

What's Sin Sot? Does it cost more than $1,000 baht. Cause I'm not paying a lot of money!

I would like to see when you pay only 1000 Baht Sin Sot or 1000 $ this is not a big deal at all, probably you will getting stoned. giggle.gif

^ Yes, well it would seem he is taking the p1ss because now he is pretending that he doesnt know what sin sot is.

Lets face it, if hes as tight as he claims to be, he would of thoroughly researched thailand and its traps...... a red flag indeed.

As soon as he mentioned Sin Sot, it occurred to me as well that the OP may well reside in BKK under one of the many bridges

Yes new, old profession "Clochard"

It doesn't cost 3500 baht for gasoline to get from Bangkok to Khorat and back.

Yes, the OP is cheap financially responsible. He admits it. Fine.

The GF is setting a trend and the OP is aware of this.

Note to OP: The writing is on the wall. It is not going to work out between you and this GF. This trend will continue.

Next time consider taking a GF on the "leasing-plan". It can be cheaper because those kind of girlfriends don't usually include trips home to meet future MIL.

Trips home to visit future MIL are expected to cost a lot. One is expected to exude generosity. This applies to Thai as well as farang.

"Leasing plan$" = "Mia Chow"!!! the problems is they can also be very demanding. cheesy.gif

Three weeks and the "money you must give" tally just keeps on running up. Must give $$ for this, $$ for that, gift for mama, 3,500b for gas (yeah right). You can give her all she asks for, and a short while later you will be informed of other things must provide (cash up front). The main topic of conversation is the things you must pay for, don't expect things to change.

Do you really think the relationship will go beyond that? The best you could hope for is one morning she tells you what you must pay for and you think "hey, she hasn't talked about $$ since 7 pm last night -- things are improving!"

If you want this relationship to work then become an alcoholic and just let her help herself to all you have until there's nothing left.

All the typical bs, right down to her keeping a boyfriend/husband in plain sight.

Wise up, amigo.

It's hard to getting wise, when he think with his dick already. wub.png

There is nothing wrong with a little parsimony when dealing with Thai girlfriends. It is part of their learning process to disabuse themselves of the notion that all farangs are King Midas reincarnate.

I recommend at least an initial six-month frugality regime for foreign males entering a relationship in Thailand. Besides making a welcome saving in hard-earned cash, it is also instructive to your lady friend as to who is wearing the jodhpurs in the relationship.

I prefare King Croesus thumbsup.gif

So tight that even a TGAU would not be enough.

OK Khun Tony ... I Googled TGAU ... and no obvious answers.

I have no idea.

Call me Dumb ... what does that mean?

Thai Girls Absolutely Unreal whistling.gif

• Like 1

Hello Guys, for sure OP is a big fool, but all who wasted their time to answering to this stupid subject are much bigger fools including me. welcomeani.gif

Let him do what he want, up to him.

He will get what he deserve, som nam na. 1zgarz5.gif

For me mission accomplished.

Carpe diem wai2.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hello Guys, for sure OP is a big fool, but all who wasted their time to answering to this stupid subject are much bigger fools including me. welcomeani.gif.pagespeed.ce.WEO6J5z5nm.g alt=welcomeani.gif width=60 height=45>

Let him do what he want, up to him.

He will get what he deserve, som nam na. alt=1zgarz5.gif>

For me mission accomplished.

Carpe diem wai2.gif alt=wai2.gif>

Why are you posting in bold big font? Compensating for small parts somewhere else?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why are you posting in bold big font? Compensating for small parts somewhere else?

That everybody can read it without glasses. smile.png