Am I being cheap?

benj005

OP must be poor himself and lives in a 2000 baht a month room with only fan. I would think eats only street food and saves his bottles and paper to cash in each month. This is the only conclusion I can come up with why someone would be acting this cheap. But if what I have stated is true then I understand.

But on the other hand, if he has money then he must be with a very stupid or ugly girl who would stay with such a cheap as- looser.

• Like 1

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If she is asking money all the time, either give it to her, no questions asked, or dump her. After all she works, she claims (?) 40-50 hours.

It may take a few years to get to know her and a few more years to get to know thailand a bit.

Khun Tzar ... awesome first post ... up and running within an hour ... wai.gif

Welcome to Thai Visa ... welcomeani.gif

Same as your twin brother we sadly said goodbye to last week,

I'm sure your posts here will be long lived and memorable.

Which twin would that be David, his post does seem awfully familiar.

It's a little known fact that "Layo tay Khun" (Up to You) is the National Motto of Thailand, almost elevated to the mantra level. It is the first English phrase taught to and internalized as a way of life by Thai ladies of every class. God Bless Them All.

• Like 1

@ATF,

I was alone when I met this girl and I have no problems being alone again. I'm kinda of an introvert. If I need sex while I'm in Thailand the nearest soapie is only a 10 minute taxi ride.

smile.png

How much does that cost? Sounds like you don't really love this girl, if not find one you do love. You are not just cheating on her but you're cheating on yourself too.

I don't do the prostitution thing. I feel sorry for those poor girls. On second thought I'd just find another girl. There are plenty out there. No one should have to resort to soapies and massage parlors.

Which twin would that be David, his post does seem awfully familiar.

Khun Toaddy ... I'm not sure ... I rarely dive into the cesspit aka World News.

That said ... I'm sure it's not one of these irresistable boys

July1401_animation_zpscb8f950e.gif

I'm just a proud Dad ... don't crucify me for that ... laugh.png

Not a troll. I was just asking a question so I could get some much needed advice. I didn't realize it would blow up into 20 pages.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Has it helped you confirm that you are indeed a miser?

• Like 2

The OP may or not have wallet squeak when he walks. However, he needs to realize that a free soccer game with drinks and food is not such a big deal. He can easily get this anytime at his favorite bar with the balloons.

• Like 1

No woman capable of financial prudence and responsibility would move in with a guy within 3 weeks of meeting him.

Well we were going out for a year. It was a long distance relationship, but it wasn't like I just met her.

Thai women have such a bad reputation when it comes to money, so I am always on my guard with my girlfriend. I know its not the right thing to do, but its my personality. I also haven't been in a relationship in a long while. I've only had to spend money on myself. :)

Not a condemnation, but a thought toward culture. Better form would have been to split the travel costs and definitely brought a gift for Mom. This is especially true if your Thai gf was presenting you for the first time. Yes, be careful, there are all too many stories and I have observed too much to be naive but still, there are cultural niceties to be observed. You need not overdue a gift to Mom, but enough to show you respect her as your gf Mother. This is why the wai also should be somewhat higher than for your gf's friends.

The OP may or not have wallet squeak when he walks. However, he needs to realize that a free soccer game with drinks and food is not such a big deal. He can easily get this anytime at his favorite bar with the balloons.

Khun losworld ... I'll have to pay more attention to your posts ... that was good ... thumbsup.gif

Edited by David48

Hmm, the OP is trying to teach his girlfriend of three weeks, financial responsibility and budgeting, some of us having been trying to teach our wives such things for fifteen years or more and still we're not there yet!

The other striking point about what was written is the OP's complete lack of understanding of Thai culture, you're going to her mums house for the first time, sure you need to buy her a gift.

The part about the car and driver for 3.5k, silly girlfriend for doing that but doubtless she wanted to show an association to farang wealth, the issue there is 90% about "face", the 10% is likely that she wanted you to have a relaxed trip in comfort.

Good luck, you've got a way to go yet,

Its not my first time at her mom's house. In the past I have gotten her a small gift. I had been in America for the past 7 months and my girl said I should have gotten her mom something American. I didn't and she was mad at me. I told her that I will pick something out for our next trip. I plan to remedy the situation.

I'm very big on financial responsibility. I've seen too many people who have spent their way to poverty. I don't want to be in the same boat as they are in.

You call it financial responsibility..the thai called it...kee nook...kee neow.....w00t.gif

They can call it whatever they like, the moment you start to care about that is the moment you start getting bleached.

To the majority of the thai women farang men date/marry, anything other than the farang paying for everything would be consider kee neow.

When they start to ridicule you on money issue, tell them to get the eff out and never come back, cause you know what, if you show any sign of weakness, you will be paying through your ass for the duration.

Dont expect her to change anytime soon.Thai women think you are made of money,

This is sad but so very true, There are still women here who believe that all a Farang needs - at any hour of the night / day of the month etc - is to be able to get to an ATM and they will have a wallet full of cash to spend on lady drinks and barfines (or, worse, 'money for take care family'), They also dont seem to give a hoot how dodgy and exposed the ATM appears to be - as long as it spits out cash, that's all that matters. You can go home and argue with your bank about the 14K AUD that somehow magically disappeared from your account shortly after your late night visit to that little machine at the end of the Soi.

Of course, this isnt restricted to Thailand, but in a cash-based economy most people want the folding stuff.

ATM-500x500.jpg

Hmm, the OP is trying to teach his girlfriend of three weeks, financial responsibility and budgeting, some of us having been trying to teach our wives such things for fifteen years or more and still we're not there yet!

The other striking point about what was written is the OP's complete lack of understanding of Thai culture, you're going to her mums house for the first time, sure you need to buy her a gift.

The part about the car and driver for 3.5k, silly girlfriend for doing that but doubtless she wanted to show an association to farang wealth, the issue there is 90% about "face", the 10% is likely that she wanted you to have a relaxed trip in comfort.

Good luck, you've got a way to go yet,

Its not my first time at her mom's house. In the past I have gotten her a small gift. I had been in America for the past 7 months and my girl said I should have gotten her mom something American. I didn't and she was mad at me. I told her that I will pick something out for our next trip. I plan to remedy the situation.

I'm very big on financial responsibility. I've seen too many people who have spent their way to poverty. I don't want to be in the same boat as they are in.

You call it financial responsibility..the thai called it...kee nook...kee neow.....w00t.gif

They can call it whatever they like, the moment you start to care about that is the moment you start getting bleached.

To the majority of the thai women farang men date/marry, anything other than the farang paying for everything would be consider kee neow.

When they start to ridicule you on money issue, tell them to get the eff out and never come back, cause you know what, if you show any sign of weakness, you will be paying through your ass for the duration.

Exactly. The moment a thai calls you kee neaw or whatever other bullshit to make you feel guilty for not opening your wallet for the nteenth time, it's definitely time to walk away. <deleted> them

I remember my ex thai wife using the kee neaw line on me when I refused to open a new credit card to buy her more shit before payday came. I said you get paid next week, I get paid next month and I've got mortgage and bills to pay, wait a week and buy yourself whatever perfume or shoes you want, I've got commitments and enough debt. I was called kee neaw, and on the same day I packed her on a flight back to Bangkok. Divorced 3 months later and been as happy as larry ever since. Wow what a relief getting rid of a spoiled brat thai bitch can be, best feeling ever!

• Like 1

I'm completely over the whole 'bar have party - you come !' BS - the food is <deleted> (tiny pieces of fatty fried pork just dont do it for me) and you have to endure hysterically loud music fronted by some hideous karaoke bitch. Give me a bottle of Beer Lao, a chicken kebab and a nice quiet pool table over that whole balloon chaser nightmare any night of the week. For the OP, however, it may be the answer to his fervent prayers.

Maybe TVF could have a specific balloon chasing forum, where the misers can congregate on where they can get free food, wifi, water etc

Surely you mean ignorant Thai women think you are made of money. There are Thai women who could buy and sell any of us, and they certainly know we are not made of money. I would venture to say any educated Thai woman knows that too.

And what percentage of that kind would go for the selection of farangs in Thailand cheesy.gif

Surely he means the majority of thai women looking for a farang partner.

Surely you mean ignorant Thai women think you are made of money. There are Thai women who could buy and sell any of us, and they certainly know we are not made of money. I would venture to say any educated Thai woman knows that too.

And what percentage of that kind would go for the selection of farangs in Thailand cheesy.gif

Surely he means the majority of thai women looking for a farang partner.

I've got it sorted - if I can turn Gigi Chao straight her dad will give me 62 million USD. Given that her current girlfriend is no oil painting, I really think I'm in with a chance here. Come to poppa, Gigi honey ! :D

727929-8d0ba970-886c-11e3-8f28-96b14e4a5

@ATF,

I was alone when I met this girl and I have no problems being alone again. I'm kinda of an introvert. If I need sex while I'm in Thailand the nearest soapie is only a 10 minute taxi ride.

smile.png

I find single life is a much better choice in Thailand.

OP is so poor that yesterday, he had to put his cardboard box up for a second mortgage.

That's nothing, they hang toilet paper out to dry in Aberdeen.

After they've used both sides I hope

• Like 2

3500B for gas to Korat???

Get a bus.

I can get from Khon Kaen to Bkk in my car for 900 Baht.

Any woman that says, "up to you" more than one a year is a money-grabbing ex pro. - dump her before she dumps you.

Does she have a job?

Agree with you on the price of the fuel for the distance.

Disagree about the connection between saying "up to you" and being a current or former prostitute. All Thais, when negotiating use that expression IME. Wives in particular use it when pissed off at how mean and insensitive their husband/bf/partner is being.

The OP is tight as a duck's arse. No present for his girlfriends mum, doesn't offer lunch or nice dinner and treats the relationship as if its an accounting exercise.

Women are not likely to appreciate this - Thai, Asian or from anywhere.

OP - you asked the question. Yes you are being cheap and petty. Women, all over the world, like to be treated as special and made to feel loved. You create the impression you treat it as a financial arrangement for services rendered. Guess how that makes her feel?

I think OP could go a little further than accounting exercise. OP, if your lady is anyway normal, & that's debatable seeing she's still with you, you could try & milk her for some $baht. Girls like a good time in the sack as well as us blokes. Why not try a little roll reversal ? Why not charge her for your services ? Maybe 1000 or 1500 $baht a session. I'm sure if you try this you'll soon know where the relationship is headed.

Just a thought.