Brush cutters Honda UMK435T

billd766

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this in so if the mods want to put it elsewhere please do so.

I have a Honda UMK435T 4 stroke brush cutter and while it is a good machine it seems to be running a bit rich and the plug gets black and sooty after only a few hours running time.

I downloaded an owners manual online but that does not show me the fuel/air mixture adjustment screw.

Does anybody have any idea where to adjust it?

Thanks

I replaced the steel blade with a disk and nylon strips 2mm square as I found it causes less damage from flying stones etc and is much easier to control and cut around roses, flowers etc and the edge of the concrete.

I only use benzene 95....more expensive, but runs clean. And might want to check if your choke is in the up position......if it is, push it to the down position. I've never had to use my choke to start, but have caught our gardener using it, then forgetting to drop it down.

I only use benzene 95....more expensive, but runs clean. And might want to check if your choke is in the up position......if it is, push it to the down position. I've never had to use my choke to start, but have caught our gardener using it, then forgetting to drop it down.

Like you I only use 95 benzene. An easy choice as that is what the local gas station sells along with diesel. If I want 91 I have to travel 6 km each way to the big village.

The choke is down as I check that out this morning after I downloaded the manual in English, Bahasa and I think Vietnamese in a pdf file.

http://data.manualslib.com/pdf3/62/6106/610590-honda/umk435t.pdf?99d8d56ea8d65c9ce63fa0f1f0b385bb&take=binary