Second man charged in train murder

Lite Beer

"Meanwhile, SRT "women only" carriages will be re-implemented on all overnight trains within 15 days."

How about hiring someone to be on every car whose duty it is to make sure all passengers are safe from violence? How about screening everyone they hire to make sure they don't have a criminal background? How about random drug testing for employees?

The "women only" carriage appears to be public relations band aid in order to cover a much deeper wound. There is a lot more that needs to be done to ensure the public safety.

A few weeks ago, I saw my first 'ladies only' carriages in use on KL's city trains. About 50% of carriages.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Public Transportation Employees,Elected Officials and Law Enforcement should all have Criminal Background Checks prior to employeement as well as Drug Test.There should be a continuing ramdom drug test.

While I worked for the airlines in USA we had radom drug testing for Flight Attendants, Mechanics and Pilots. I had to take them as a Mechanics, Foreman and even as a Manager.

While a Flight Engineer in the USAF we had to take random drug test.

In the USA there is a big push on to require drug test for welfare recipients.

I hope this second accused does not get placed in with the general population in prison. He'd last about twenty minutes before they ate him alive.

Why so much concern for a lowlife scumbag.....is he a friend or relative?

Agree. It seems like the only chance of justice is to put them in with the general prison population AND make sure everyone knows of their deeds.

The police also said that they were investigating why there were no Railway Police on board, although scheduled. So far no news about that, however I think it should be quite easy to find out...the longer it takes, the higher it stinks.

Agreed. It's not often mentioned here that SRT has its own Railway Police force. It's not something new. There has always been a railway police.

The police investigating this really need to find the other two alleged victims, and get more to come forward.

The police reported they already found the other two alleged victims. One said she actually considered the sexual act to have been consensual. Its in one of the earlier threads.

Wife says that many Thais who kill others believe that they are giving them a better life when they are reborn.

Explains a lot as to why life is cheap here.

But not if they kill somebody! He will be reborn as a lofty blood leech or something, as far as Buddhism is concerned. Who is "they" ? Not the victims I hope? This would me more like some ancient tribes, but there, you would actually have to eat parts of the ones killed, and you would have to have slain them in fair battle, not raped and dumped off the train

It appears from what I have read here that the girl was traveling on a second class sleeper with her sister and another friend. She was sleeping on a bottom bunk (top ones do not have windows). It sounds like she was attacked and killed while in her bunk. My guess is the murderer used a pillow to subdue her so she could not cry out. I am also surmising that she was then thrown out of the window in her bunk.

I have traveled on these second class sleepers many times both upper and lower berths. If you have ever been on one you realize that the only barrier you have is the curtain over the opening. Not much. Having had to get up in the middle of the night to visit the toilet there is no one awake and all the curtains are closed. These cars are open at both ends and putting female only cars is a waste of time, and by the way I have never seen a woman cabin attendant so they need to train them quickly. The cabin attendant sleeps in the end of the car.

Having a policeman on the train is also useless. First they don't do anything, second they are probably in the drinking crew and would be sleeping in the night.

The answer is of course enforcing the hiring rules, establishing and enforcing (fire the violators) the no drinking rules. Establishing and enforcing (with firing and referring the violators to competent law enforcement) a no drugs policy.

Will any of this actually be done? My guess is a lot of talk but nothing will change. My only question is how long before the beer vendors are back on the trains.

• Like 2

Public Transportation Employees,Elected Officials and Law Enforcement should all have Criminal Background Checks prior to employeement as well as Drug Test.There should be a continuing ramdom drug test.

While I worked for the airlines in USA we had radom drug testing for Flight Attendants, Mechanics and Pilots. I had to take them as a Mechanics, Foreman and even as a Manager.

While a Flight Engineer in the USAF we had to take random drug test.

In the USA there is a big push on to require drug test for welfare recipients.

They will never have drug tests for welfare recipients. Even if a mother were to test positive for substance abuse no one in their right mind is going to take the food out of her childrens' mouths.

That was just a topic of email chains amongst conservatives that re-emerges every so often to rile up the base ;-)

The only way drug testing works is when the infrastructure of the system is un-corruptible...the US military.

That simply is not a possibility here in Thailand--but its a nice feel good kind of publicity stunt to make everyone think a solution has been found.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

About a month ago from Nong Khai to Bangkok, some friends and I got drunk with the police on board in the food carriage.

They were getting hammered on whiskey.

About 8 years ago I got drunk with two of the cleaning guys.

Seems to be normal.

Is being drunk on the job generally accepted? There was an elderly teacher who reeked of booze at 8 am. Seems everyone, students and staff knew about it.

Is this how that's handled over here?

Banning the sale of beer will likely cost a lot of jobs. Will those who like to have a beer bring it onto the trains in brown paper bags?

Instead, they should hunt down Meth dealers. The crazed murderer was not just drunk but also high on Meth, wasn't he?!?

There is AA in Thailand, if you consider it to be 'normal'....

• Like 1

We've all seen the pics of him... not exactly Arnie is he?

I think it's clearly cut that in no way, alone, could he have lifted a cadaver. He had to have been helped.

DNA screeing needs to be done in-depth (to excuse the Freudian) on this young lady's body, to trace all the culprits. I believe the whole lot will be caught up in this scheme, and indeed partook in it. :(

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

About a month ago from Nong Khai to Bangkok, some friends and I got drunk with the police on board in the food carriage.

Seems to be normal.

Is being drunk on the job generally accepted? There was an elderly teacher who reeked of booze at 8 am. Seems everyone, students and staff knew about it.

Banning the sale of beer will likely cost a lot of jobs. Will those who like to have a beer bring it onto the trains in brown paper bags?

Instead, they should hunt down Meth dealers. The crazed murderer was not just drunk but also high on Meth, wasn't he?!?

Poedog, and your proud to be a drunk are you?

Perhaps the answer is completely doing away with these sleeper cars and providing reclined comfortable coach like seats in public compartments were nobody will be isolated

Like this, you mean?

Sorry, unbefitting name for SRT employees... blink.png

spaceship-seats.jpg

• Like 1

Seems to be normal.

Yes that has been quite normal.

Yes, I'm afraid it does seem normal for ex pats to be drunks, so many of them are glorifying it on this forum. Such a pity.

Great!

According to an earlier article, this co-worker knew of the assailant's plan to sexually assault the girl and did nothing to prevent it.

While still enroute, he learned the details of the assault and murder and chose not to come forward.

A complete absence of any humanity.

"Thainess" say nothing, do nothing, bury head in sand, dont want any problem etc etc

Seems to be normal.

Poedog, and your proud to be a drunk are you?

.....And human!

Seems to be normal.

Yes that has been quite normal.

Yes, I'm afraid it does seem normal for ex pats to be drunks, so many of them are glorifying it on this forum. Such a pity.

http://tinyurl.com/nfe5rbb

I think it's clearly cut that in no way, alone, could he have lifted a cadaver. He had to have been helped.

DNA screeing needs to be done in-depth (to excuse the Freudian) on this young lady's body, to trace all the culprits. I believe the whole lot will be caught up in this scheme, and indeed partook in it. :(

The Police are doing a great job in their investigation. If you saw the re-enactment then you would see it is entirely possible for a single male to lift her body out of the window.

Edited by ClutchClark

DNA screeing needs to be done in-depth (to excuse the Freudian) on this young lady's body, to trace all the culprits. I believe the whole lot will be caught up in this scheme, and indeed partook in it. sad.png

The windows are almost the full length of the bottom bunk with the sill not that high above the bunk. He would not have had to have lifted the body, only the head and shoulders or feet and legs then pushed her body over the sill, she was only 13 remember.

What would you think forensics would be looking for in the case of a rape victim ? I doubt they need anyone to tell them their job.

• Like 1

As quick as one can bash the Thais with legitimacy, they will certainly outperform the slight with even more gross lunacy. Thailand is a continual show stopper if I ever saw one.

DNA screeing needs to be done in-depth (to excuse the Freudian) on this young lady's body, to trace all the culprits. I believe the whole lot will be caught up in this scheme, and indeed partook in it. sad.png

The windows are almost the full length of the bottom bunk with the sill not that high above the bunk. He would not have had to have lifted the body, only the head and shoulders or feet and legs then pushed her body over the sill, she was only 13 remember.

What would you think forensics would be looking for in the case of a rape victim ? I doubt they need anyone to tell them their job.

Well in BKK the chief of forensics identified that a spanner found in the pocket of a victim suggested he was a mechanic. Remember that one?

I believe they need a lot of help, in all honesty.

Only aged 13 has nothing to do with cadaver weight (believe me, a dead body is very heavy - re morgue experience), especially when taking into consideration that 2 other members of the family were 'asleep' in the same compartment, alledgedly! ;) No noise? No shuffling? No breeze?

I hope this second accused does not get placed in with the general population in prison. He'd last about twenty minutes before they ate him alive.

Disagree.... This guy knew about the plan, and chose to help the rapist by being

the lookout. I say put him in general population.

Second suspect in rape-and-murder case acts as a lookout for murderer

7-12-2014-12-26-51-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

PRANBURI: -- Police have arrested another State Railway Authority of Thailand (SRT) employee who is suspected of being the lookout for the rapist murderer.

The Pranburi district police in Prachuap Kiri Khan province on Friday interrogated Nattakorn Chamnarn or ‘Nueng’, a SRT cleaning employee who was on duty on board the number No. 174 sleeper train. The man admitted to acting as the lookout for Wanchai Saengkhao, the rapist murderer who promised to pay him 5,000 baht.

Seventh Zone Provincial commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Wittaya Prayongpha said the police are charging ‘Nueng’ with collusion to commit a crime resulting in the death of another individual. The charge will result in penalty of two-thirds of the death sentence or equivalent to 50 years in prison.

‘Nueng’ is one of the original four suspects, including Wanchai Saengkhao, who was brought in for questioning. Originally, police found discrepancies in his testimony but could not find any proof to incriminate him. They also discovered that he had scratches on his left wrist which he attributed to having received from carrying durian fruits for a disembarking passenger.

The police were unconvinced with the testimony and suspected that the rapist must have had an accomplice who was also a SRT employee. Further investigation uncovered that ‘Nueng’ was a close acquaintance of Wanchai he was again brought in for questioning. Under intense interrogation, police were able to ascertain that ‘Nueng’ had been aware of Wanchai’s intentions the moment that the young victim had boarded the train.

Police Colonel Naphanthawut Liemsanguan, chief of the Police Welfare of Women and Children Division, said these two men reported to be seen together prior to the actual crime being committed.

When Wanchai returned after committing the crime, his accomplice revealed that he had bloodstains on his face which he had wiped clean as he was talking with ‘Nueng’. ‘Nueng’ also stated that he had returned with the victim’s personal belongings. He stated that he had asked Wanchai about the phone and had also asked where the victim was at the time.

Meanwhile police said a closed-circuit TV camera was able to capture the image of Wanchai as he was attempting to sell his victim’s I-Phone at a shop at the Edison Mall at around 11.00 am. on July 6.

This image is one of the main pieces of evidence implicating him. Furthermore, police are awaiting the results of tests on the blood-stained boxer shorts that were found at his residence in Sri Yan. Should the DNA test match ‘Nong Gaem’s’ then this will be the strongest piece of evidence in the case.

Authorities are confident that forensics tests will reveal how many parties had been involved in the crime and will be able to complete their dossier and hand their findings over to the courts by the middle of the week.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/second-suspect-rape-murder-case-acts-lookout-murderer/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=second-suspect-rape-murder-case-acts-lookout-murderer

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-12

Disagree.... This guy knew about the plan, and chose to help the rapist by being

the lookout. I say put him in general population.

Would you not prefer to keep him alive long enough to give him time to implicate his accomplices?

"Meanwhile, SRT "women only" carriages will be re-implemented on all overnight trains within 15 days."

How about hiring someone to be on every car whose duty it is to make sure all passengers are safe from violence? How about screening everyone they hire to make sure they don't have a criminal background? How about random drug testing for employees?

The "women only" carriage appears to be public relations band aid in order to cover a much deeper wound. There is a lot more that needs to be done to ensure the public safety.

The culture of something like the SRT cant even handle changing a brand of mop let alone implementing what you talk about.

It is a bangkok managed province dominated dinosaur.

Second suspect in rape-and-murder case acts as a lookout for murderer

7-12-2014-12-26-51-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

PRANBURI: -- Police have arrested another State Railway Authority of Thailand (SRT) employee who is suspected of being the lookout for the rapist murderer.

The Pranburi district police in Prachuap Kiri Khan province on Friday interrogated Nattakorn Chamnarn or Nueng, a SRT cleaning employee who was on duty on board the number No. 174 sleeper train. The man admitted to acting as the lookout for Wanchai Saengkhao, the rapist murderer who promised to pay him 5,000 baht.

Seventh Zone Provincial commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Wittaya Prayongpha said the police are charging Nueng with collusion to commit a crime resulting in the death of another individual. The charge will result in penalty of two-thirds of the death sentence or equivalent to 50 years in prison.

Nueng is one of the original four suspects, including Wanchai Saengkhao, who was brought in for questioning. Originally, police found discrepancies in his testimony but could not find any proof to incriminate him. They also discovered that he had scratches on his left wrist which he attributed to having received from carrying durian fruits for a disembarking passenger.

The police were unconvinced with the testimony and suspected that the rapist must have had an accomplice who was also a SRT employee. Further investigation uncovered that Nueng was a close acquaintance of Wanchai he was again brought in for questioning. Under intense interrogation, police were able to ascertain that Nueng had been aware of Wanchais intentions the moment that the young victim had boarded the train.

Police Colonel Naphanthawut Liemsanguan, chief of the Police Welfare of Women and Children Division, said these two men reported to be seen together prior to the actual crime being committed.

When Wanchai returned after committing the crime, his accomplice revealed that he had bloodstains on his face which he had wiped clean as he was talking with Nueng. Nueng also stated that he had returned with the victims personal belongings. He stated that he had asked Wanchai about the phone and had also asked where the victim was at the time.

Meanwhile police said a closed-circuit TV camera was able to capture the image of Wanchai as he was attempting to sell his victims I-Phone at a shop at the Edison Mall at around 11.00 am. on July 6.

This image is one of the main pieces of evidence implicating him. Furthermore, police are awaiting the results of tests on the blood-stained boxer shorts that were found at his residence in Sri Yan. Should the DNA test match Nong Gaems then this will be the strongest piece of evidence in the case.

Authorities are confident that forensics tests will reveal how many parties had been involved in the crime and will be able to complete their dossier and hand their findings over to the courts by the middle of the week.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/second-suspect-rape-murder-case-acts-lookout-murderer/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=second-suspect-rape-murder-case-acts-lookout-murderer

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-07-12

Didn't the main perpetrator confess already? Why the need for all the extra investigation? Boxer shorts etc.

As for this sleazy accomplice. Well. Not much in life would be adequate punishment.

Edited by Thai at Heart

If sniffer dogs were taken aboard to do a 'walk through' before the train left, they would have found these drug taking crew members.