Where can I find "head/neck/shoulder" massage?

susanschwaiger

Used to be on in front of Central Festival (massage with wood :). But it was gone for long time.

I need to cure my headache and neck/shoulder pain regularly. Tried in some massage shops, but their "head/neck/shoulder" massage is more like an oil massage on back...

I live in Naklua area. Any info would be greatly appreciated!w00t.gif

Just before Dolphin on the left heading towards Naklua

Sent from my TRUE BEYOND 4G using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks! Do you mean that purple colour chain massage shop?

I cant remember the colour, its about 3/4 units befor the Family Mart. They have printed Head,Shoulder, Back and believe price THB 300 per hour. Always enjoy going there but as am in Baan Amphur now dont get up that way. On a side note, have noticed the past few months,many are only giving 45 minutes rather than the specified 1 hour...no tip or repeat business then. 3 times at different places this has happened.

• Like 1

I think you should go and get a proper check first of all. I have an old shoulder injury which was giving me additional problems such as headaches and sore neck etc. I found a physio on Thrappaya Rd ( movement clinic or something ) on left hand side if heading Jomtien to Sukk..... Approx half way along. 2 x Thais who seem to have been educated overseas, young couple - but very good. I've had a lot of treatment there and would recommend that you go and at least have 1 consultation. They do not do traditional massage, but a bad massage will do you more harm than good. A full 1 hour consultation will cost you between 750 to 1000 but.... Good value for a professional assessment IMO.

• Like 1

For a long-term cure why not think of neck and upper back specific exercises. It takes a while to build up your relevant muscles but then the pain will mostly go away. BTW, be sure to use a thin pillow when you sleep. Good luck!

• Like 1

Thanks for all your input! I've also noticed a healing massage shop on North Pattaya Road, almost on the road end leading to Sukhumvit, on the right side. I read and study a lot everyday so my head needs relax often. And taking care of baby causes tension of neck/shoulder muscle a lot. I do sport too and even acupuncture on myself. But the weird thing is: doing self-massage is far less comfortable than others doing massage on you bah.gif

Do you arrange your posture so that you are not bending over what you're reading? Various contraptions are available such as book stands and clip boards. Good luck.

• Like 1