rainy season?

stevehaigh

English colloquial expression meaning very heavy rain.

I understand that, but quite often there is some logic to the expressions. For example one reason for the expression could be that when there is heavy rain, the cats and dogs are trying to get in houses or barns for cover? Eg. You know it's heavy rain when the animals are running for shelter.

• 2 weeks later...

Travelling from Rawai to Pahklok , hissing it down all the way.

Then just like someone switched the tap off at Heriones Monument, bone dry.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

None of this rain is caught and it's been a lean monsoon season in terms of rain.

I'm thinking next high season could be severe droughts.

I have to agree. Dams up north are also at very low levels for this time of year. But there are a few months to go before the end of the monsoon season in November. Hopefully we'll see more rain in the coming months.

i think its going to be very wet today, check out windguru

I don't know about that. A little rain this morning here in Rawai. A bit more in a few spots on my way to Prompan and back this morning. No major downpours though. The weather radar looks like light scattered showers.phuketLoop.gif

Sounding at the moment like it's Rawai's turn for some flooding. About 1 hour of very heavy rain.

Yep! I'm amazed the power is still on and the internet work! It's been the best downpour in a while!

Edited by Jimi007

Sounding at the moment like it's Rawai's turn for some flooding. About 1 hour of very heavy rain.

Yep! I'm amazed the power is still on and the internet work! It's been the best downpour in a while!

Yeah I was thinking of you with your power and internet problems lately.

It was howling about 3am. Strongest rain I've seen for a year but it's barely enough.

The same applies to the rainy season as other topics on the forum. Patience, there will be more where this rain came from :)

I got all of 1.8 CM of rain at my house in the past 24 hours. As usual there are stronger weather cells in one area than another, some very loud thunder that sent my dog under my desk here in southern Rawai. Ah the micro climates of this island.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to do the Phuket Cycling Festival 70km ride from Queen Sirikit park at 5.30 a.m. this morning rather than my normal ride to Sarasin and beyond. Was a good call, as back home before 9 a.m. and currently watching the storm lash my house windows, thankfully with me on the inside., rather than battling the wind and rain on the airport road.

I wouldn't mind if the rain would stop for couple of weeks now. I had to eat 7/11 prepared food from the freezer as I could not go outside to eat. Furthermore it's dark, gray and wet. Feels like autumn blues in Finland.. argh the horror.