VIP bus to BKK- safest and most comfortable sleeper

jaideeguy

I see there are some comments on this post referring to Lion Air. When I look them up the flights come up as Air Asia between CNX and BKK. Is this a new service and their Website not up to date?

http://www.lionairthai.com/en

I checked them on line for the end of the month. They were sold out I checked 2 days before and after they were still sold out.

Just to see what was happening I put in Augusts 25 return Sept. 28 they were sold out. But it only cost 850 baht. biggrin.png

NCA to BK is, or was, 800 baht for 1st Class VIP. I have never had a problem with them, leave at 10pm sleep all the way and get into Mo Chit at 6'ish in the morning, short taxi ride to the BTS.

Maybe I am not booking early enough but every time I have tried Lion Air for a flight to BK it has been fully booked, flew to BK yesterday with Thai and it was 1800 baht for the 7am flight, the later ones were considerably more expensive. No, its not a great deal of money but if i don't need to get to BK for business I am just as happy to take the bus.

Thanks for the price on the bus.

As you can see in my previous post they have a web site but all there flights are sold out. Was considering the day just to see some of the country. Still have a nap in the afternoon. LOL

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I have used the bus to Bangkok loads of times in the past. Never suffered any theft or problems. As I get older though I can't seem to accept a 10 hour overnight bus journey or the daytime trip. Lionair this Wednesday 16 July is 1500 baht on all their flights throughout the day, its sunday morning as i type. 1 hour travel time. Got to be safer than road travel even if it is Lionair. If you have a few days to pre book a flight before you travel the flight may be a better choice.

Just one point about Lionair, they have no travel insurance option.

AirAsia and NOKAIR do have this option, online when you book, and at very reasonable rates but of course the total cover needs to be considered.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

NCA to BK is, or was, 800 baht for 1st Class VIP. I have never had a problem with them, leave at 10pm sleep all the way and get into Mo Chit at 6'ish in the morning, short taxi ride to the BTS.

Maybe I am not booking early enough but every time I have tried Lion Air for a flight to BK it has been fully booked, flew to BK yesterday with Thai and it was 1800 baht for the 7am flight, the later ones were considerably more expensive. No, its not a great deal of money but if i don't need to get to BK for business I am just as happy to take the bus.

Agree with your first paragraph, I've also used their top overnight service both directions, always well organized, never encountered any problem whatever,

You can book by phone, the operator will quickly transfer you to an English speaking booking agent, always listen well, always check everything, always polite and friendly. Good value.

I see there are some comments on this post referring to Lion Air. When I look them up the flights come up as Air Asia between CNX and BKK. Is this a new service and their Website not up to date?

I checked them on line for the end of the month. They were sold out I checked 2 days before and after they were still sold out.

Just to see what was happening I put in Augusts 25 return Sept. 28 they were sold out. But it only cost 850 baht. biggrin.png

I think what you are seeing is that the promo fair is "sold out." The 800 baht fair is the regular fair and is available.

I'm no big fan of LIon Air, but they have the simplest and least deceptive website of any of the budget airlines.

Edited by ricklev

I think what you are seeing is that the promo fair is "sold out." The 800 baht fair is the regular fair and is available.

I'm no big fan of LIon Air, but they have the simplest and least deceptive website of any of the budget airlines.

How do you book on line when every flight for the next three months is sold out? the 800 baht fair was for the leave in late August and return in late September. The end of this month where more in the 1,200 baht range. Too be honest with you I am having a hard time believing those are round trip prices which is what I had typed in. I just arbitrarily picked the dates. Didn't matter what I put in they were all sold out.

I just notices that in the last couple of days they started adding insurance as the default and you have to unchecked it. I guess they are headed down the AirAsia path.

Sent from my IQ9.1 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

+1 for flying. Unless you have some fear of flying it's hard to imagine why anyone would take a bus. OK, maybe I can see taking a day bus for the scenery, but a night bus to save 400 baht. Wow!

amen to that . . . !

i've had the terrifying experience of an overworked, underpaid driver dozing off at the wheel of a double decker coach during the early hours from CM to BKK. The bus was weaving all over the road, i almost sh*t myself. Never again....fly...fly...fly...!