Rats

AlexRRR

lots of rats thats for sure, waiting at the hospital and saw a couple of big buggers running up the hallway, in the local makro and they were chasing each other around the crates, no one seems to worry about them. With all the crap people just throw on the ground it is natural there will be rats around to eat it, you want to see hordes of them, have a look in the mountains of scraps/rubbish in the gutters after the footpath stalls close of a night/morning, it is a mass of movement.

• Bubonic plague: a skin infection that can be treated with antibiotics see a doctor right away, symptoms are red marks on skin that turn black, heaving breathing, aching, and throwing up blood. The Bubonic plague, or Black Death as it was called in the middle ages, wiped out a significant portion of Europe’s population.
  • Rat bite fever: most frequent in Asia, rat bite fever can take up to two weeks before symptoms develop like fevers and inflammation, penicillin is used for treatment.
  • Arena virus: transmitted through the air where feces and urine are, causes flu like symptoms but can turn into internal bleeding. If exposed see a doctor immediately.
  • Eosinophilic meningitis: this disease is also known as rat lungworm, it can also be transmitted through eating uncooked food like fish, snails, frogs, or freshwater prawns. Another way it can be transmitted is through contaminated foods such as lettuce. The symptoms are headache, neck pain, and vision problems. It is treatable, but you should see a doctor right away.
  • Hanta virus: airborne virus, symptoms do not occur very quickly once they happen, they are similar to the flu and last about a week. If still sick heavy breathing can occur and you should be taken to a hospital because it can be fatal.
  • Weil’s disease: transmitted through rat urine, it is often on contaminated food that people end up eating, shows flu like symptoms but can also cause jaundice and throwing up, is best to see a doctor right away.
  • Typhoid: transmitted through feces and urine either airborne or from something contaminated, people will get high fevers, sweat profusely, diarrhea and rash of red spots. Treated with antibiotics, so see a doctor.
  • Trichinosis: carried by rats, but they get it from pigs, it is a worm that can get inside of your intestines. Nausea, diarrhea, heartburn. Headache and chills are some of the symptoms best to go to a doctor right away.
  • Murine Typhus: can be transmitted from the lice that live on rats, this is treatable with antibiotics and the symptoms resemble those of the measles or rubella.

Gosh, seems like a short list. Never knew or heard of anyone getting any of these, however. But keep wearing your face mask, I guess.

An estimated 21 million cases of typhoid fever and 200,000 deaths occur worldwide.

http://www.cdc.gov/nczved/divisions/dfbmd/diseases/typhoid_fever/technical.html

Thanks for enlightening me. Not trying to be argumentative, but typhoid fever is rare in Thailand, right? I think it's more prevalent in areas without running water.

Thanks for enlightening me. Not trying to be argumentative, but typhoid fever is rare in Thailand, right? I think it's more prevalent in areas without running water.

1.53% (7 individuals) of Norway rats captured in a fresh food market tested positive to Hantaan virus in Bangkok, Thailand.

Health Minister Wittaya Buranasiri said Nov. 9 seven people were being treated for leptospirosis, a bacterial infection spread in water contaminated with rat urine.

Rik I do think you are trying to be argumentative. So you can google your own stuff from now on.

Cats do not catch rats unless the rats r small or young. Glue traps also dont work on rats.

Country rats are edible city rats carry more dideases...and are pissibly a different strain variety. There r several sub species.

Rats r very very intelligent so u only have one go at any given extermination method before they learn and communicate to the rest of the family group. We had a family that I retrained to not enter by not opening the Window that was their entance route. Every once in a while a rat scouts out the area but have not returned here asthey prefer the darker outdoor green house. They don't come for just the food but also for living areas/dens and materials to make nests...hence taking insides of sofas and a/c insulation. They are omnivores and will eat young chicks and eggs as well as garbage etc.

Country rats r more healthy then rats living in sewage area s.

Terriers even yorkies are more effective than cats against rats as they go to earth and cats wont. Also the method if attack and killing is different. Having said that my lhasa backed diwn from a large adult cornered rat in my house. Thai husband opened our front door and the rat ran out to live in the trees out back. ..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have seen bigger rats in London than I did in Bangkok.

And rats are not much of a problem in some areas. If you live in a country area full of rice fields, they make a good breakfast. I won't dare to eat a rat from a city though.

but the rats in Thailand do not sit in bars like soho.

NONSENSE, go to Pattaya and look in the bars.

I have seen bigger rats in London than I did in Bangkok.

And rats are not much of a problem in some areas. If you live in a country area full of rice fields, they make a good breakfast. I won't dare to eat a rat from a city though.

but the rats in Thailand do not sit in bars like soho.

NONSENSE, go to Pattaya and look in the bars.

the rats in patts.don't sit in bars,they own them.