Retirement visa while working outside Thailand

Needing help. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a retirement visa while working outside Thailand. I work in Africa on a month on and month off basis. The month off is spent in Thailand. I am 55 years young and would like to apply for retirement in Thailand even though I will be still working for 4 or 5 more years. I do not do any work in Thailand so what would be the requirements if I could get one. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

So WHY inform Thailand what you are doing outside it´s borders. And than this retirement extension is meant that you shall NOT work inside Thailand....

So keep quite, and live your life under an extension of stay based on retirement

Glegolo

You can do it with an extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon retirement. And then after getting the extension you would get a multiple re-entry permit.

You would need 800k baht in a Thai bank or 65k baht income proven by letter from your embassy or a combination of the two.

You could enter the country on a 30 day visa exempt entry then within 15 days of arrival apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry based up qualifying for an extension based upon retirement. You will need to show the financial proof when you do this.

Then apply for a re-entry permit for the 90 day permit to stay from the conversion. Then make your normal rotation to Africa and apply for the extension when you return. At this time if you are you are using the money in bank option the money would have to be in the bank for 60 days.

• Like 1

Sorry to gatecrash on this one joe, but at the time he applies for the extension based on retirement, is there still this 30 day consideration period attached to this type of extension?

If so maybe also difficult to do since normally O&G guys on month on/month off, their travelling days are included in the time off period

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A retirement extension has no 30 day under consideration period like a marriage extension. It is usually granted on the day that you apply if all your paperwork is in order.