Thai Meteorological Dept warns of heavy rains in the next 1-2 days

webfact

Not really surprising really! The water is wasted during Songkran festival, their is no plans in place to contain water from over flowing rivers and canals when there is too much water to use as a back-up for farmers and the dams. Every year this happens and every year the results are the same, so show me how to teach a Thai a new trick?

I doubt seriously that the water splashed around at songram would make a big difference in the level of one of the dams. It has to rain in the north and northeast to fill the major dams.

Hahaha! Seriously!! How much water do you think gets used during songkran, 100 litres? 500litres? This festival is nation wide and I expect at least a few million litres are used during this time.

When I grow up I want to work in the Met department, why? because no one takes them seriously,

and their predictions are no better than a crap shoot odds, and they have vast resources and

budgets at their disposal and all for just guessing what the weather will be in the next day or two,

sweet job....