Bhumjaithai party proposes death penalty for vote buying and selling

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he was probably being sarcastic.....

That or trying to create a huge demand for Burmese and Cambodian workers. Plus some from Lao.

A decrease of around 20 million would defiantly leave a labor shortage. Plus think of the economic strain it would put on the alcohol business.

I was thinking more along the lines of two years in jail and a life time ban from politics for the buyer and about 5 times the bribe paid for a fine to the seller.

Come to think of it the buyer should pay a fine equal to all the money he/she spent on buying votes. Double the amount they spent.

On a side note, why do they spell the party's name with a B? is pronounced "P".

Try the Thai language forum for a proper answer. However, one of the few reliable rules when presented with a competent transliteration is that if pronounced at all, 'ph' and 'bh' before a vowel are pronounced as 'p' in pot.

Actually, it was the populist policies that bought the votes.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You mean a political party presented policies to the electorate, and on that basis won a convincing victory and proceeded to implement those policies as best they could.

That's not vote buying in any sense.It's democracy as practised all over the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I agree, it is practiced in some other countries, but it is still vote buying. It's intent is the same, especially if focused at certain geo areas.

You don't seem to be able to grasp a simple point.

Actually, it was the populist policies that bought the votes.

You mean a political party presented policies to the electorate, and on that basis won a convincing victory and proceeded to implement those policies as best they could.

That's not vote buying in any sense.It's democracy as practised all over the world.

I agree, it is practiced in some other countries, but it is still vote buying. It's intent is the same, especially if focused at certain geo areas.

You don't seem to be able to grasp a simple point.

I am beginning to give up on you. I will give you an example of the difference. The US has 50 states with each state using populist policies for their individual geographical areas. The state governors control their states, subject to city mayors, who also use populist policies to get elected. In national elections, candidates have to take into account the many different populist policies covering many different geographical areas.

Compare the above to Thailand where one person issues populist policies, primarily for one geographical area and controls the whole country.