Worst-Case Scenario

At first I was with idnguy, Using plain English, it seems like multiple entry is the right term for a visa with 2-3 entries. But we really need to use the correct terminology if we are going to avoid confusion. Other non immigrant visas are truly "multiple" entry, as in you can enter and exit as many times as needed. Tourist visa's aren't issued as "mulitple entry". They are issued as "single, double or triple" entry. That is the correct terminology. We need to use it.

personally I do

• Like 1

"Denied entry into Thailand via Don Mueang airport on a 2nd 60 day multi-entry even though holding proof of work outside the country, and flight tickets out in the next 3 weeks (reading the latest post it seems realistic)"

Not really realistic. Your situation is not what they are targeting.

I'm not very creative, but I can think of a lot worse 'worst case scenarios' then losing some luggage.

I think you'd have access to your luggage, even if just to get it out of there.

60 day entry? Tourist visa? Tourist visas are not issued as 'multiple entry.

Multiple entry means you can enter with the visa as many times as you want as long as it's still valid. Tourist visas have a set number of entries. 1,2 or 3.

Wrong, Tourist visa can issued 6 months multiple, one year multiple. Business visa upto 3 years multiple. i had them stamped on my passport...

1-115 Thai Tourist Police. If I can't contact our attorney, John Lewis, BKK, an attorney being 9/10th of the law. The TTP always polite, always helpful. If we don't understand the law, the best ones to ask are those who enforce it or make it. They speak English. They're not out to get any of us.

• Like 1

A friend has got the dreaded Red stamp in her passport stating that she is not a tourist.

She's on the second 60 days of her TV and hoping to get another 30 days extension.

Will she be denied entry via land/air?

Thanks

Sent from my iris405+ using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

A friend has got the dreaded Red stamp in her passport stating that she is not a tourist.

She's on the second 60 days of her TV and hoping to get another 30 days extension.

Thanks

Question where did she get that stamp, my guess it was at an Embassy, correct?

How many Visas did she already have in her passport?

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

Thanks

She had 2 previous TV (T2) but left for a few months after each one expires.

She is on her third TV (T2) issued in Vientiane and got the red stamped at Nongkhai border during entry.

<snip>

She is on her third TV (T2) issued in Vientiane and got the red stamped at Nongkhai border during entry.

WOW that's a first that she got a Red stamp at the border, I thought it was at an Embassy.

Is it possible to post a scan of it ?

If she already has such a stamp, she could be denied entry and especially after August 12th.

Edited by MJCM

WOW that's a first that she got a Red stamp at the border, I thought it was at an Embassy.

Is it possible to post a scan of it ?

If she already has such a stamp, she could be denied entry and especially after August 12th.

I could be mistaken but that's what she told me. :rolleyes:

Editing the photo and will put it up :)

• Like 1

Hi all, I'm a little worried this post has moved off subject from my original post (although still associated). I'm happy to close it and move on, if that's ok with everyone.

Thanks again for all the feedback on my situation smile.png

Cheers

P

P.S. Moderator if you want to close this, ok with me

Ok: Let's say:

Denied entry into Thailand via Don Mueang airport on a 2nd 60 day multi-entry even though holding proof of work outside the country, and flight tickets out in the next 3 weeks (reading the latest post it seems realistic)

1.What happens to your bags out on the carousel? do you kiss goodbye to you luggage? do they go with you to collect them or ,send your bags back into the arrivals area ?

2.I guess you just book a flight from the arrivals area and go to a new international flight from there? maybe stay a long time stranded behind immigration.

Anyone know how it works in the "Worst-Case Scenario"? Sorry, I'm not trying to be negative, just want to know in case it ever happens, fair or not.

P

I don't think your case is applicable, the crackdown is noton 2nd vor 3rd entry given by the visa, but about people showing up with a new visa for the first stamp, and even then only if it reeks of backtoback multiple visas.

As for your feared loss of baggage, it will be taken to the luggage office if it stays too long on the carousel. At the time of rebooking at the transfer desk within the arrival hall, the airline will retrieve your luggage, but you need to tell them, give them the luggage id tag.

Thanks BKK45, but that looks to me (as unclear as it is) as one of these

And that is a stamp which the embassy attach when you have to many TR Visa's

Is it maybe possible to add a clearer Scan ??

Edited by MJCM

Thanks BKK45, but that looks to me (as unclear as it is) as one of these

attachicon.gifindex.jpg

And that is a stamp which the embassy attach when you have to many TR Visa's

Is it maybe possible to add a clearer Scan ??

I'll try and send it to you in PM.

She left "after" each visa had expired? Or do you mean she left before they expired and stayed out of LOS for a few months after leaving?

Vientiane does issue red-stamps but I think there are anecdotal tales of Nong Khai Immigration also doing it?

She left "after" each visa had expired? Or do you mean she left before they expired and stayed out of LOS for a few months after leaving?

Vientiane does issue red-stamps but I think there are anecdotal tales of Nong Khai Immigration also doing it?

After each expires and btw, she confirmed it was stamped by the Nongkhai Immigration and not the Embassy.

Thanks, mate:)

After each expires and btw, she confirmed it was stamped by the Nongkhai Immigration and not the Embassy.

The stamp you posted was from the embassy. I have seen many others like it that were done by the embassy. And the wording of the stamp says that a visa may not be issued in the future. A stamp from immigration would not say that because they have nothing to with visa issuance.

• Like 1

The stamp you posted was from the embassy. I have seen many others like it that were done by the embassy. And the wording of the stamp says that a visa may not be issued in the future. A stamp from immigration would not say that because they have nothing to with visa issuance.
I'll talk your word for it Joe! She could be confused I think. :unsure:

Duly noted, sir!

Thus what is your esteem opinion pertaining to her situation?

Wai

Edited by Bangkok45

UJ, I posted the Embassy Pic, BKK45s one is very unclear, I could not read anything on it

• Like 1

Thanks

I don't know all the facts? However, there is nothing so venial, such as this, that can't be handled by due process. Outside of any courtroom or jailhouse. I have non salaried affiliation with BKK - UK law firm and NGO. We help Thai people and others all over the world. I would be more than happy to refer you. It would be best to take action to prevent before problems manifest. Have faith. Best of luck. Chok Di.

Much of these issues are present because of those that abuse the privilege of being guests in foreign country. Not to say your friend is doing that. The Thai bashers on TV.....90% of what they say could be said without ever a mention of the man or woman, wife or girlfriend being Thai National. That is not an opinion. That is factual. There is only one race, the human race. When you want referral, reply privately. The law is more art than science. Enjoy the day.

• Like 1

I have one of those stamps in my passport and got it when applying for visa in Laos.

I'd imagine under normal curcumstances it would just mean you need to show proof of income and address when applying for next visa, but since they're not doing back-to-back visas any more it makes no difference.

I hope it just means any crap will happen when applying for new visa and not when actually trying to get the second entry.

I hope so because I have to do a visa run for my second entry.

• Like 1

In Thailand it is about working illegally - not a mortal danger, hence the easier attitude until recently.

regarding the "no racial profiling" of the lady in the story. That is nice and dandy, but there would not have been 9/11 had the USA accepted to use racial profiling. At least in pilot schools ??

Interesting (scary) story of what happens if you are refused entry to Israel;
http://mondoweiss.net/2012/06/do-you-feel-more-arab-or-more-american-two-arab-american-womens-story-of-being-detained-and-interrogated-at-ben-gurion.html
I guess/hope Thailand is a bit friendlier when refusing someone entry!

That was a very interesting story. The scary thing was not their treatment but their lack of knowledge. They did not know that once they arrived at a foreign destination that US rules and laws did not apply. They did not research and know prior to their trip what the US Embassy would or would not do for them if they had a problem. They did not know that Israel had a strict policy for not allowing possible terrorists into their country (just as most countries do). It does not seem rational that they, being of Arab heritage, would believe they would be allowed in as exceptions to the profile simply because they had US passports.

They did not have the rational sense to understand that getting into a pissing match with an immigration agent was not the right thing to do. They did not understand that the questions being asked by immigration were for a purpose and not just casual conversation. (I would have claimed that I considered myself a 100% American even though I was of Arab heritage.) I did think it ironic that because she got her panties in such a wad over her rights she was required to remove them.

The more I read the story the more her account did not make rational sense. And then I looked at the side stories on the web site that published the story and it comes across as politically pro Arab/Gaza/Hamas. The story comes across as more propaganda than rational fact.

Why would an Israeli immigration agent not have questioned them? That's their job and purpose; after all, most of us know that those who fit a profile are not trying to blow up non-believers. ....don't we?

Easy there. It was anecdotal story linked to this topic. Google and you'll find hundreds of similar stories. Most actually against young people with German last names. This story indicated she was born in America but her parents are Arab. But I guess Israelis held that against her as well. Not for me to judge the reasons of refusal and I agree that any country can refuse any non citizen for whatever reason they want. It's just how they deal with the refusal process. In that regard I expect Thailand to go a bit better than Israel.

You will have to pay full formal fare for your flight back. which is usually X3 more expensive than what you get online. But in principle, I think you can buy a ticket online while waiting, or ask to be accompanied to the counter. They are quite receptive to such requests (unless you look like an a**hole with criminal intentions, I guess)

Interesting (scary) story of what happens if you are refused entry to Israel;

http://mondoweiss.net/2012/06/do-you-feel-more-arab-or-more-american-two-arab-american-womens-story-of-being-detained-and-interrogated-at-ben-gurion.html

I guess/hope Thailand is a bit friendlier when refusing someone entry!

That was a very interesting story. The scary thing was not their treatment but their lack of knowledge. They did not know that once they arrived at a foreign destination that US rules and laws did not apply. They did not research and know prior to their trip what the US Embassy would or would not do for them if they had a problem. They did not know that Israel had a strict policy for not allowing possible terrorists into their country (just as most countries do). It does not seem rational that they, being of Arab heritage, would believe they would be allowed in as exceptions to the profile simply because they had US passports.

They did not have the rational sense to understand that getting into a pissing match with an immigration agent was not the right thing to do. They did not understand that the questions being asked by immigration were for a purpose and not just casual conversation. (I would have claimed that I considered myself a 100% American even though I was of Arab heritage.) I did think it ironic that because she got her panties in such a wad over her rights she was required to remove them.

The more I read the story the more her account did not make rational sense. And then I looked at the side stories on the web site that published the story and it comes across as politically pro Arab/Gaza/Hamas. The story comes across as more propaganda than rational fact.

Why would an Israeli immigration agent not have questioned them? That's their job and purpose; after all, most of us know that those who fit a profile are not trying to blow up non-believers. ....don't we?

As an American, who had just been there to give a concert for a month a few years ago, I had a horrible, horrible experience when exiting as normal throught he airport in Tel Aviv. They destroyed my laptop by trying to pry it open with a screwdriver to see what was inside (there being nothing unusual about it), and actually tried to tell me that having a laptop was a very suspicious activity. They were pushing me (these kids with their machine guns) and destroying my mac in front of my eyes, and when I finally sort of half shouted in frustration (be careful!, kind of thing), they strip searched me just for the purpose of intimidation. There wasn't anything suspicious or worth notice about me, just some very angry kids in charge of security that day, it seemed.

"There wasn't anything suspicious or worth notice about me, just some very angry kids in charge of security that day, it seemed."

I don't envy your experience; however, one's personal assessment of one's self is a useless proclamation. The issue is how did immigration see you?

http://isteve.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-they-do-security-at-ben-gurion.html

I have learned that my US passport offers no guarantees as to how I will be questioned or treated as I leave and enter other countries. If I believe that I should not be questioned and that the immigration port of entry/exit (regardless of country) is the place to stand up for my legal/human rights I would be guilty of self-deception to say the least.

As far as your computer goes, if you were entering the US immigration/customs has the option to examine/confiscate your electronics if they deem them suspicious (once again - their call not yours) so I would say your experience was not anything out of the ordinary.