windshield wiper fluid

mantu

there is another angle, which can make to quest for the best type/quality fluid , a moot point...

Cut a potato in half, wipe/smear the exposed cut side of the 'tata in circular overlapping motion over all the window.

You have just now applied Natures' version of Rain-x onto your glass.

There, you now have a good water-repellant, water off a duck's back effect, that will make drive-time viewing through the windscreen, a very clear experience in the next storm...

Interesting, does it leave a residue that has to wiped off or anything? Tata juice?

Am I the only one who buys big bottles of Windex (and similar) and uses that in all my cars? Sometimes I cut it with plain clean water, sometimes not. Always does the job, and not harmful to modern cars according to most google results.

Am I the only one who buys big bottles of Windex (and similar) and uses that in all my cars? Sometimes I cut it with plain clean water, sometimes not. Always does the job, and not harmful to modern cars according to most google results.

I have used windex // similar on the inside windows but never considered using it in the sprayers for the external wind screen glass.

I have used windex // similar on the inside windows but never considered using it in the sprayers for the external wind screen glass.

I've been doing it for ages (even with my classics), and have never seen any bad effects. It certainly cleans better than anything else and was designed for the glass with the ammonia, etc.. There is some debate on older paint finishes if some splashes on it, and I suppose even with newer paint finishes, but whose jets are so misaligned that they spray on the paint?

**BTW, I'm not sure it's so good to spray on the interior glass too often if you have good film on the windows. I wonder if there is any possible damage to the film? I do the interior glass with windex too, but not often, and again, have never seen any imperfections in the film.

Edited by keemapoot

If you have window film the best spray is the one you clean your LED computer monitor with. I have a laptop and it's plastic screen hasn't degraded after 3 years so I though I would try the interior of the windows in the pick-up....once so far!

[email protected]: - Interior glass:

I have found, for the windscreen interior, that before you try any 'cleaners', give it a good pre-cleaning with hot water - as hot as you can stand, the better. This will help get most of that dash vapour residue away, otherwise the residue is simply smeared from one location to another...

Items:

• Hot bucket of crispy clean plain water (yes, I know that is difficult to achieve for thai water)
  • a 'wettex' (must have been thoroughly pre-rinsed if you use a new one, as the newby has 'preservatives?' that actually leaves it's own residue.
  • Elbow grease.

(oh!!- don't use a wettex that has been used previously in the kitchen, as you don't want kitchen sink grease'n'goop on your glass)

Method:

Always move the wettex in the same direction, never back'n'forth, as once again, residue is deposited back onto the glass.

(I always now work it from the bottom, up towards the top of the screen.

there is another angle, which can make to quest for the best type/quality fluid , a moot point...

Cut a potato in half, wipe/smear the exposed cut side of the 'tata in circular overlapping motion over all the window.

You have just now applied Natures' version of Rain-x onto your glass.

There, you now have a good water-repellant, water off a duck's back effect, that will make drive-time viewing through the windscreen, a very clear experience in the next storm...

Alternatively, you will have a nearly opaque windscreen due to the dried starch residue the potato will leave.

The only good thing about this recommendation is that you will get a beautifully clear windscreen as you will have to spend time and effort in getting the spud mess off.

A good tip to avoid this palava is not to let a potato anywhere near your car, keep them for eating.

• Like 1

there is another angle, ...

...here, you now have a good water-repellant, water off a duck's back effect, that will make drive-time viewing through the windscreen, a very clear experience in the next storm...

Alternatively, you will have a nearly opaque windscreen due to the dried starch residue the potato will leave.

The only good thing about this recommendation is that you will get a beautifully clear windscreen as you will have to spend time and effort in getting the spud mess off.

A good tip to avoid this palava is not to let a potato anywhere near your car, keep them for eating.

1. the sliced-potato-wiping is on the outside of the glass.

vs.

The film is in the inside and being cheapo' it probably didn't have meet any UV standards. It was hazed, and also faded, compared to a piece of new sample.

..and following back to @bkkjames:

fine-mist of higher pressure hose water gets rid of the starch before it dried. If you want you can wet-sponge thesurface while running hose water over the glass to rinse.

'tat can be used a few times over.

To repeat: simply slice off lees than 5mm off, for a new fresh operating surface.