windshield wiper fluid

mantu

just plain water works fine as there is no need for anti freeze agent here in Thailand

I have tried mixing H2O with glass cleaner but it left a slight film from splatters on the roof paint ...

plain water does the trick...

Rain is plain water and it don't remove the crap thats in the air from other folks exhaust which has oil in it. Soap breaks down the crap.

• Like 1

I find that every 12 Months and 40K my wipers are as useless as my tires, they squawk n judder no matter what I add to the water.I never Whinge at the tire Cost but not happy forking out for Blades here, Bosh seem dammed expensive to me..If I don't buy them the Cheapoes start fartin n squakin in a few months.

• Like 1

I find that every 12 Months and 40K my wipers are as useless as my tires, they squawk n judder no matter what I add to the water.I never Whinge at the tire Cost but not happy forking out for Blades here, Bosh seem dammed expensive to me..If I don't buy them the Cheapoes start fartin n squakin in a few months.

Your going to the wrong places 5 years and just changed my wipers for the silicon type again, ' bosh ' are bosh laugh.png come on don't be conned with sales hype, your be buying a bm next.biggrin.png

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

My dad swore by urine, but I'm afraid I could never come at this. In fact he used urine for a lot of things, such as watering the guavas. Our first car was a Vauxhall 12, and dad used to fill up the windshield reservoir with urine. It seemed to work really well.

just plain water works fine as there is no need for anti freeze agent here in Thailand

Anti freeze? Last time I put antifreeze in my washer fluid was the last time I'll be doing that. Took the paint off my roof! Thankfully it was the cheap car I bought after passing my test, anticipating a smash.

I use a little washing up liquid in tap water. Too much and you'll clog the sprayers. Give it a good shake. Every 4th fill, I just use plain water to try to make sure no washing up liquid builds up between the tank and my windscreen.

I'm sure there are some who buy the proper stuff in Big C.

@AceOfPop

...standard rubber (non-silicon) blades are deemed to be effective for 3 months, so you even on the money there...

One little trick to reduce wiper shudder, that works for me:

use a slightly shorter wiper assembly for the driver's side wiper.

I currently have an 18" for Driver and a 22" for passenger. Get them as pre-assembled complete units. They sometimes comes as pairs - no matter, just split the pairs of 18s and 22s, and you have a spares 18 and 22, already to go in another 3 months...

The uneveness trick minimises the to/fro battle that equal wipers suffer from.

• Like 1

My dad swore by urine, but I'm afraid I could never come at this. In fact he used urine for a lot of things, such as watering the guavas. Our first car was a Vauxhall 12, and dad used to fill up the windshield reservoir with urine. It seemed to work really well.

bah.gif I hope you aren't taking the proverbial sad.png

wai.gif

Someone will probably tell me I am wrong, but I remember years ago ( and believe me, that does not happen too often now) being told that washing up liquid rots the rubber blades...anyone else told this?

I take it he did not park on the road.... or did he fill the bottle at nightw00t.gif

Also have you tried doing that with a 4x4....they are quite high you knowwhistling.gif

Our dog tries. He's not tall enough but we have clean tires!

Someone will probably tell me I am wrong, but I remember years ago ( and believe me, that does not happen too often now) being told that washing up liquid rots the rubber blades...anyone else told this?

Never found that to be the case here over ten years using washing up liquid, oem were nearly 6year old, the new silicon ones were 250 baht fitted in the original wiper holders, no problem at all.smile.png

Never found that to be the case here over ten years using washing up liquid, oem were nearly 6year old, the new silicon ones were 250 baht fitted in the original wiper holders, no problem at all.smile.png

And blade compounds have moved on in this day and age, not rubber alone any more. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I haven't done it yet, but I thought metho and water would be good to get rid of the grime diesel smoke leaves on the glass. My day used to clean the windows on his cars with metho and old newspaper....which worked quite well for him.

Household dish washing liquid has to much salt in it.

there is another angle, which can make to quest for the best type/quality fluid , a moot point...

Cut a potato in half, wipe/smear the exposed cut side of the 'tata in circular overlapping motion over all the window.

You have just now applied Natures' version of Rain-x onto your glass.

There, you now have a good water-repellant, water off a duck's back effect, that will make drive-time viewing through the windscreen, a very clear experience in the next storm...