Kan Air -- Chiang Mai to Ubon direct flights

Trujillo

Kan Air will begin direct flights from Chiang Mai to Ubon Ratchathani from August 15th.

Chiang Mai -- Ubon (Depart 13:50 -- Arrive 15:20)

Ubon -- Chiang Mai (Depart 16:00 -- Arrive 17:30)

Service only on Fridays and Sundays.

Fare: 2,990 baht one way

A public service message from Trujillo

Pity it's a bit more than flying indirectly via Don Muang (based on a quick check with Nok's eco fairs in mid August). Guess they are appealing to business people and those where time is at a premium.

Guess I'll try and use them in the early months with my family of four to do my small bit in supporting direct domestic routes!

• Like 1

I always thought a limited service to Ubon would be the most economical way to go. its not the most affluent part of Thailand so you have to think about your typical passenger, who is he/she likely to be.

Didn't air asia keep trying to introduce it every year, but obviously wasn't sustainable.

i don't like the price though, as the above poster suggested, seems they are appealing to travellers with deep pockets not the locals or their offspring at the universities here.

last time i went on Kan air it was a 20 seater something like that! very cosy.

For about 6 months last year, air asia had non-stop flights from Chiang Mai to Ubon. I booked some far in advance, and then they changed the schedule, so I had to fly via Don Mueang. But air asia does a decent job now of dealing with "through/connecting" passengers, including having staff with signboards to greet you at Don Mueang and assist you to make your connection. I stayed at the Ratchathani hotel, which is decent. There is a 7-11 very close to the hotsl, so you can buy snacks at any hour.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ubon Ratchathani is a cleaner and more progressive city than many in Issan.

The Sunnee Grand Hotel would be my choice for quality accommodation, @ ~ 1200Bt/night, adjacent a shopping mall complex with ample restaurants.

A brand new Central shopping mall puts Chiang Mai's new malls to shame with it's design, easy parking and tenants.

IMG_8443.JPG

Middle of city, near the Provincial Police HQ, is the BEST coffee shop in all of Th. Sarin Coffee have won many Barista Comp's and the homemade-style cakes @ 40Bt are simply awesome.

Sidewalks/footpaths are being upgraded throughout the city to [almost] western standards. Even narrow soi's are getting a path albeit at the expense of parking spaces.

A brand new Central shopping mall puts Chiang Mai's new malls to shame with it's design, easy parking and tenants.

That is easy parking, indoors, fantastic! Sorry Rob, couldn't resist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...