Thailand calls for Israeli-Palestinian peace talks

webfact

The last time I heard, The United States of America has not had a coup and has an ELECTED Black president (popular or not) sitting in the White House. Not the case with Thailand. Doh! The USA Armed forces are under the control of the POTUS... ha ha...

Shouldn't Thailand clean up its house first before asking Israel and the Palestinians to get their house in order? Or is Thailand doing this just to deflect attention from itself?

I imagine thats what is being said to AMerica due to all its butting in over the last few months.

Yep - and President Obama, popular or not, isn't totally controlled by an older sibling who happens to be a convicted criminal fugitive.

So, why make comparisons were there are none.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand calls for peace talks between Israel and Palestine.

How about Thailand sorts out its own conflict in the south first!

The mouse that wants to be a world player, dream on children.

So any country involved in a conflict can't comment on two countries to try peace talks rather than fighting?

Waste of breath and time. Israel does not want a fair peace, for while hostilities continue, they can continue to build settlements and kill Palestinians, both things Israel likes doing.

The ONLY peace Israel will agree to is 100% their terms, ie something like "All established settlements, Golan Heights, all already conquered land, all of Jerusalem, and all un-settled Palestinian land with aquifers to become part of Israel officially.. Also, to continue to blockade Gaza, and for the UN not to admit Palestine as a sovereign state.

Bastards

I'm guessing that you do NOT live in Israel and have no desire to do so.

PS. I don't live there and haven't visited either, so have no direct knowledge to use to make an opinion myself.

The last time I heard, The United States of America has not had a coup and has an ELECTED Black president (popular or not) sitting in the White House. Not the case with Thailand. Doh! The USA Armed forces are under the control of the POTUS... ha ha...

Shouldn't Thailand clean up its house first before asking Israel and the Palestinians to get their house in order? Or is Thailand doing this just to deflect attention from itself?

I imagine thats what is being said to AMerica due to all its butting in over the last few months.

I think that it will be a very long time before Thailand has a Black president (elected or otherwise), so yes, there is a difference.

So any country involved in a conflict can't comment on two countries to try peace talks rather than fighting?

Thailand has applied as non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council for 2017 / 2018 that I understand will be granted. Could be Thailand is increasing diplomatic activity for world matters coming up to the appointment

Not a comment but a statement!

• Like 1

Waste of breath and time. Israel does not want a fair peace, for while hostilities continue, they can continue to build settlements and kill Palestinians, both things Israel likes doing.

The ONLY peace Israel will agree to is 100% their terms, ie something like "All established settlements, Golan Heights, all already conquered land, all of Jerusalem, and all un-settled Palestinian land with aquifers to become part of Israel officially.. Also, to continue to blockade Gaza, and for the UN not to admit Palestine as a sovereign state.

Bastards

And Hamas is doing no wrong? Just asking.

In case you want or need to know, I don't particularly like either side.

Mr Sihasak has called on Israel and the Palestinian representatives to resume peace talks. And that in the ongoing conflict, every representative group, especially the Quartet should play a role in peace talks being resumed in the controversial situation.

Seriously, this coming from a country that recently resorted to a military coup, martial law, and suspension of civil liberaties to quell political controversary, isolate and suppress political parties, and cannot reach a peace agreement with Islamic insurgents in South Thailand does not lend itself to being taken seriously. Maybe Sihasak was just having a slow day, ran out of fingers pointing at the US.

Wonder how Thailand would react to international calls for peace talks on the southern insurgency issue...

Probably some indignation over foreigners meddling in its affairs.

Maybe Israeli's and Palestinian's Can lead the peace talks in South Thailand that wiil give them something to do instead of fighting

Meanwhile more Thai people die on Thai roads each year than all the people who have died in the Arab Israeli conflict during the last 3 decades. Just what are the chances of a Thai working in Tel-Aviv being hit by a homemade rocket fired from Gaza?

A Thai in Israel? Speaking Hebrew? cheesy.gif

Why not, I have met Thais who can speak Hebrew.

There are many Thais in Israel working in the Kibbutz as farmers.

In March 2010 a Thai national was killed by a Palestinian rocket and as the Kibbutz is sometimes targeted, the Thai government have a right to be concerned over this conflict.

Absolutely, just like the concern they have shown in all areas where they have direct accountability. !!

Bastards

The UN will never admit to Palestine being a sovereign state, never, not in a billion years.

This is not because the West loves the Israelis, but rather this is all about OIL. Israel is the West`s ally in the middle east, an unofficial state of America, both for military purposes and so that the imports of oil does not fall under the complete power and terms of the dictatorships within the Arab states and to protect the West from losing complete control over the situation. As a matter of fact the Israelis are actually being used as canon fodder, the front people against the Arabs gaining footholds in that region and are being financed for these reasons.

I am not Jewish but worked on a Kibbutz and Moshav in the early eighties, bloody hard work and the local Palestinian workers were treated a damn sight better than we were lol.

My experience at the time was that the majority of the population , Jew and Arab , got on fine , it was a minority of zealots from both sides who kept the pot boiling.

Israel is a pawn of the US , the Palestinians used as a tool by the Arab league , throw Fundamentalist Jews , Muslims and Christians into the mix and you have an unapetising mess.

Blaming Israel or Palestine alone is daft , it speaks more of ones bigotry than it does of realism , as always its poor joe public that suffers most.

In reference to the OP , nothing wrong with the Thai statement , hope it means they will now stop whining when other nations comment about Thailand.

Not a comment but a statement!

Wow - big difference. Do you think the person translating from Thai would know the difference; and pick the pertinent one.

Or do you think the actual sentiments are more important?

Bastards

Something is very wrong with you, you find every single mentioning of Israel to use it to your propaganda against Israel.

The only ones who dont want this conflict finished are Hamas. Israel left the Gaza strip in 2005 unilaterally, with no demands whatsoever. What did they get in reply? years of terror and a barrage of rocket fire.

In all Hamas communications, they clearly say that they will not stop unless all Palestine will be freed, and that meaning all the state of Israel. So what will happen to the Israelis?

Egypt suggested a cease fire agreement between Israel and Hamas yesterday, but the ones who rejected it were Hamas!

If they are the weak and deprived as you portrait them, how come they dont want to finish the fighting?

Israel warns before they bomb areas with leaflets and sms, and phone calls, to prevent civilian casualties, and what Hamas does? they make an announcement forbidding civilians to leave, and that everyone who leave the area will be "dealt with later"...

Hamas doesnt give a damn about their lives, they want as many "shahids" as possible, so they can continue with the propaganda against Israel!

The heads of Hamas making too much money from this conflict!

Do you know that Ismail Aniya, the head of "the political arm of Hamas in Gaza" have lands worth 4 million USD! all since the time he became a prominent member in Hamas!

Also Khaled Mashal, the "chairman of the political arm", who sits in Qatar has an estimated wealth of 2.6 Billion USD. Right now he is involved in a real estate project in Doha, Qatar for 4 sky scrapers, a mall, offices and rental space over 27,000 square meters!

And how do they get this money? simple: since the blockage on Gaza by Israel and Egypt, they control smuggling tunnels. They import subsidized fuel from Egypt and other commodities, and sell it 8 times its worth!

They control the construction business, so every time Israel is bombing a house in Gaza, they make money by building the next one...

And they all have people like you who support them to thank it for, great job...

Maybe I am wrong but I was under the understanding that Hamas had agreed to the cease fire also. Then immediately broke it. I remember many years ago when Israel had invaded them that Aljazeera did a documentary on it as it was going on. I expected to get the usual Muslim crap about being all about love and the injustice of it all. Boy was I surprised they were not saying it was all Israel's fault. That Israel had been provoked for many years.

Meanwhile more Thai people die on Thai roads each year than all the people who have died in the Arab Israeli conflict during the last 3 decades. Just what are the chances of a Thai working in Tel-Aviv being hit by a homemade rocket fired from Gaza?

A Thai in Israel? Speaking Hebrew? cheesy.gif

Estimated 22,000 Thai people in Israel. You didn't know?

In the agricultural sector in the settlement areas. Under what many consider to be slave like conditions. You didn't know?

Were you aware of the fact that Thai companies were shipping Thai's all over the world to work in slave like conditions. I believe it was about a year ago when the lid got blown of it in Finland. Also in the last year there have been several convictions for inhumane treatment of Thais sold into slavery in the States.

Also I have heard of Thai's working as servants abroad. Yes there are Thais working in the fields where many of the rockets are being fired at. All so in the city where suicide bombers have been known to kill many people. That has been a while since they did that. But don't hold your breath they are still training sheep to follow Allah into Heaven where they will be rewarded.

If the Arabs put down their guns today there would be peace tomorrow. If Iseal put down their guns today, tomorrow there would be no Isreal. Not my words but true

Just believe this needs to be reposted. It is an ugly truth that the religion of cheesy.gif lovecheesy.gif fails to ask their countries to adhere to.wai.gif

• Like 2

Northern John

Control of ' Palestine ' has always been essentially a Nationalistic/Geopolitical affair. Yep Islamic Jihadist groups have tried to portray it as a religious struggle , as have certain Orthodox Jewish and Evangelical Christian groups.

Each of these groups oppose ANY peace deal and refuse to compromise , just singling out Muslim extremists is eroneous and unhelpful.