Thaivisa Connect Thailand

JetsetBkk

Is it really necessary to have this last line in every post from mobile devices?

Sent from my <whatever> using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Doesn't anybody else find it irritating when reading posts to keep reading this line at the end?

You can change that in the app Settings.

You mean, in the mobile phone's app settings?

Problem is, who's going to do that?

It would be better if the forum software simply deleted it, or made it a pale font - like signatures.

That way, you wouldn't keep reading those lines thinking they were a part of the post or the a final thought of the poster, only to realise it was nothing to do with what was posted before.

App setting in your phone...annoying I know but easy to change.

Yes, but:

1. Who knows how to do it?

2. Who would be bothered to do it?

3. Who would rather show off that they have a smart phone?

4. How would Thaivisa react if I put an extra line at the end of all my posts that was totally irrelevant?

I can only assume that Thaivisa makes money out of this app and therefore wants to promote it.

4. How would Thaivisa react if I put an extra line at the end of all my posts that was totally irrelevant?

You mean like this? smile.png"When you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favours, when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work... when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice, you may know that your society is doomed." - Ayn Rand"

• Like 1

You mean like this? smile.png"When you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favours, when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work... when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice, you may know that your society is doomed." - Ayn Rand"

Exactly!

It would be trivial for the forum software to identify these "smart phone app" lines:

1. They are usually at the end of the post.

2. They start with "Sent from my..."

So change the font of these lines to "faint" - just like signatures.

Then you won't waste your time reading them over and over again because you think they are part of the post.

The reason the byline is there is simple. It increases the amount of downloads for the App. It's marketing and promoting the App. More than 80,000 persons now has the app (iOS and Android) installed on their mobile devices.

You can disable the byline in your app settings as mentioned above.

Cheers

• Like 1

The reason the byline is there is simple. It increases the amount of downloads for the App. It's marketing and promoting the App. More than 80,000 persons now has the app (iOS and Android) installed on their mobile devices.

You can disable the byline in your app settings as mentioned above.

Cheers

But, George, I cannot disable someone else's "App byline" in their posts! That is the problem.

I understand that the App publishers have to make money, but I object to it interfering with my enjoyment of the forum.

The extra line doesn't look any different from a normal line, so you must always start to read the line before you realise it has nothing to do with the post. It is an annoying distraction.

The App could make the font faint. Thaivisa forum software could make the App line faint. But I cannot. I have to read it even though I don't want to.

I understand that the App publishers have to make money, but I object to it interfering with my enjoyment of the forum.

If your browsing enjoyment is affected so much by a few words appearing on a relatively small number of posts then you're probably a lost cause. Best thing is probably for you to find something else to do with your time.

Sent from my desktop PC without the use of an app or any other tools.

If your browsing enjoyment is affected so much by a few words appearing on a relatively small number of posts then you're probably a lost cause. Best thing is probably for you to find something else to do with your time.

Sent from my desktop PC without the use of an app or any other tools.

If you cannot see the distraction these lines cause then you are also a lost cause. smile.png

I appreciate your last line, and even thought of adding it myself - I recall I did do it once when this subject was discussed months ago.

But I decided not to do it consistently as I thought it would p1ss off other forum members who actually just want to read about the topic in hand, and not about how the post was transmitted.

Signature lines are greyed out so as to not cause a distraction. Why aren't these App lines?

Signature lines are greyed out so as to not cause a distraction. Why aren't these App lines?

Because that's how the app works, and presumably it can't be easily changed. As it's completely insignificant to 99.9% of the forum users there's probably no point in spending any time in trying to change it.

Because that's how the app works, and presumably it can't be easily changed. As it's completely insignificant to 99.9% of the forum users there's probably no point in spending any time in trying to change it.

99.9% ? - I doubt that figure very much.

The app can be changed, and so can the forum software.

"easily changed is relative. Myself, I find it very easy on the Thaivisa app, very intuitive and just a few taps on the screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"easily changed is relative. Myself, I find it very easy on the Thaivisa app, very intuitive and just a few taps on the screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So why don't you delete the "Sent from my..."? I don't think most people want to know.