Not-so-close countries where can do run to get double entry visa

Wife and I came here to bike ride and I hurt back on third day. Been laid up three weeks and have to leave to do run because we are not quitting until we get some mileage done. Am in Chiang Mai looking at flights to Vientiane and Savannakhet but they are not cheap, e.g., $661. Heck, for that I could fly to Hong Kong. Can't hack 10 hours each way on busses. I have tried to find out what cities we can go to get double entry visas but the list I found here is only for neighboring countries. Is there a broader list, or are there other longer visa run countries that have Thai double entry visas? Thanks for any help. We are US citizens aged 51 with 30-day stamps on our passports.

From Chiang Mai check Nok Air for flights to Vientiane. They have a fly/ride service via Udon Thani.

If you want to go a bit further you could try Bali. They do 2 and 3 entry tourist visas at the honorary consulate there. But you will need tickets out of Thailand for each entry.

Jakarta is another choice that will also want tickets out as well as Hanoi as another choice for a 2 entry.

From Chiang Mai check Nok Air for flights to Vientiane. They have a fly/ride service via Udon Thani.

If you want to go a bit further you could try Bali. They do 2 and 3 entry tourist visas at the honorary consulate there. But you will need tickets out of Thailand for each entry.

Jakarta is another choice that will also want tickets out as well as Hanoi as another choice for a 2 entry.

ubonjoe: When you say "Bali" is there a Bali airport (sorry, I've never been there and thought it was more of a region. Tickets "out of Thailand for each entry": do you mean I need to buy and show confirmations now, before I depart? I have no idea when I might go or come is why. I am just wanting to get back there for a month of fasting to lose weight, and a month on my bike, but I wanted the double entry just in case I reinsure my damn back again. (Thanks for the help.)

Thanks for the names of these other airlines. I have no Visas for other countries either. Wondering if I can get visa on arrival in Siem Reap as well as a Thai visa too? (My wife would probably love going there.) Or, if not if we go to Vientiane if we can get visa on arrival there? (Sorry if these have been asked before. I did search first.

ubonjoe: When you say "Bali" is there a Bali airport (sorry, I've never been there and thought it was more of a region. Tickets "out of Thailand for each entry": do you mean I need to buy and show confirmations now, before I depart? I have no idea when I might go or come is why. I am just wanting to get back there for a month of fasting to lose weight, and a month on my bike, but I wanted the double entry just in case I reinsure my damn back again. (Thanks for the help.)

Bali is an island in Indonesia and has an airport.

Sorry to hijack my own thread but my hotel manager got my wife to call a Visa lady (osvisas) who says for 180us pp she can make an appt at Chiang Mai consulate to get us a 90 day visa. I thought they were supposed to do the run when you paid. Am I paying to be her courier? Is this even Kosher?