CB 300f

Nebula

Just spoken to the Bangkok Mechanic. Noise being caused by a defective rubber mount at the front of the fuel tank.

If you order it from Honda can you post up the name and part number?

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They will order the part, so don't have the info. All being done under warranty.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoken to the Bangkok Mechanic. Noise being caused by a defective rubber mount at the front of the fuel tank.

My guess is this...

CUSHION, FUEL TANK (A)
17615-K33-D00
You know the best thing to get when you get a new bike?
The parts manual wink.png
I have one for mine because Kawasaki posts them
have not seen one for the Honda 300....Though I have not looked
This may help though
Or in your CB case
Edited by mania

My guess is this...

CUSHION, FUEL TANK (A)

17615-K33-D00

http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/53bab2cff870022b0c0ae5e7/fuel-tank

You know the best thing to get when you get a new bike?

The parts manual wink.png

I have one for mine because Kawasaki posts them

have not seen one for the Honda 300....Though I have not looked

This may help though

http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/l/hon/53bab287f870022b0c0ae5c7/2015-cbr300r-a-parts

Or in your CB case

http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/#/l/hon/53f21fbdf870021c8062e1a8/2015-cb300f-ac-parts

Thats the one.

I've noticed that my exhaust has already started to change colors . Now it's becoming kinda like a tan color not chrome. Had anyone got the same thing??

I've noticed the same thing on my CBR300. A little bit of a bronze tint as it were. I'm probably going to invest in a slip-on at some point.

it looks like the same pipe from 500 series honda and mine never changed any color.

It looks the same but the 500 has some ugly hook/guard thing covering it.

BTW the exhaust stays pretty hot after a bike ride and a light wash.

The yoshi's are pricey so beware parking the bike

I have seen quite a few pics on Thai FB sites of bikes missing their slip on when they come back to the bike.

Even at mall parking lots now.

Trouble is slip-on's are removed in less than 3-5 minutes

(so are the end cans of full systems)

If you get one try & install the pipe clamp with the bolt turned as far inside as possible & hard to get too.

Would like to catch such a thief & slam his head against the bike while he is working angry.png

Then again the couple thief videos I have seen they always work in pairs with a lookout

Edited by mania

parts thieves are everywhere.

i am starting to hear more of them nowadays in bangkok.

recently, they stole the rear brake caliper of one friend - suddenly 4300 thb! and waiting for mechs to come - and all brembo brake calipers of another! sure they can steal more. in nepal and cambodia, they robbed the parts from my bikes before. mirrors, pipes, brake and km cables, fairings etc! both stripped but politely kept rideable! in thailand never happened, even in most dangerous areas.

beware of the condo parking lots, open parking lots and shady places to park. even at ticketed parking lots, i park my bike just in front of cctv cameras or close to guards if possible and always prefer ticketed parking lots.

get a full system burton.

these are most probably fake yoshis.

I know it's a replica but pr2exhaust those a great job

would not buy a original full system 30K on a 128k motorcycle

it is not a replica, it is a fake product. but why not for 5 klaugh.png ? no need to keep yoshi emblem on it though. honesty is the keylaugh.png

pr2 also have their own pipe. looks OK.

also better choices:

leo vince gp corsa from this guy: https://www.facebook.com/tie.mocyc

or devil: http://www.devil-evo.com/html/products5.html

A full system shouldn't cost 30k. It's only a single cylinder. The CB300 has an exhaust temperature sensor on the down pipe of the exhaust. I would say just go with a slip on system but an original one is best, don't go with a copy one. Should be around 10k but will hold up better

it is not a replica, it is a fake product. but why not for 5 klaugh.png ? no need to keep yoshi emblem on it though. honesty is the keylaugh.png

pr2 also have their own pipe. looks OK.

also better choices:

leo vince gp corsa from this guy: https://www.facebook.com/tie.mocyc

or devil: http://www.devil-evo.com/html/products5.html

fake/replica same for me and for sure don't care about the yoshi tag....

I'm looking for a black/carbon/kevlar, I hate a shiny pipe on a black motorcycle

The PR2 GP ALLOY BLACK does look and sound good

Edited by LburtonL

fake/replica same for me and for sure don't care about the yoshi tag....

I'm looking for a black/carbon/kevlar, I hate a shiny pipe on a black motorcycle

The PR2 GP ALLOY BLACK does look and sound good

The PR2 in that youtube video looks pretty good. Do you know the price for it?

i think expensive burton.

these are more expensive than fake yoshis for cbr650f i tell you.

check leo vince.

tsugiki also have one and it is legal all i know with TIS stamp so cops dont harass you. shiny though.

http://www.kd-shop.com/store/product/view/%E0%B8%97%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%AD_TSUKIGI_Stainless_New_CBR_250_i-19957212-th.html

there is also an old topic here.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/584547-cbr250r-aftermarket-exhaust/

i'm in Phitsanulok and I see all those bikes around with Akrapovic/Yoshimura cops must be nice here

I just can't keep that exhaust on my bike xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vr.png

Just go for it. I put a copy slip on 'Yoshi' on my Ninja and it looks, sounds, and still goes great. I could buy 3 of them and it would still be cheaper than an original slip on. For your type of bike and intended usage it's fine, no need to break the bank.

I was also using a cheap pipe for my cbr250r and another cheap one for my cbr500r.

But i still recommend for forking out a bit more money and get something decent especially if you have an intention to keep the bike long.

Moreover, these cheap yoshis you stated burton can also be used for cbr650f! So, i dont think so they are a good choice for cbr300r. a bigger and freer flowing more than needed pipe will not bring any benefit and actually it might decrease the performance of the bike. please check what is exhaust back pressure via google.

So, it means the pipe you will be buying better be designed for your bike or similar cc bikes but not honda msx 125 cc pipes too.

Also recently, one of my buddies fake pipe popped up and broke apart from the middle with no reason suddenly!

I remember real yoshimuras was going for 12 - 14k THB for cbr250r a a couple of years ago and sure you can find one for these prices.

be careful, these exhaust emissions and sound checks are getting more and eventually get a lot more in the future. Phitsanulok maybe no problem but Chiang Mai might be a problem and Pattaya, Hua Hin and sometime in Bangkok sure problem.

So if that tsugiki really has a TIS stamp as they say, it is a good choice IMO at 5300 thb.

Edited by ll2

In Bangkok I have only been pulled over once for my exhaust (Leo Vince GP corsa) and when they told me your exhaust I just said "No it has a silencer." They didn't really want to argue with me I guess so they let me go. I guess I'm lucky but I usually ride on the outskirts of the city.

Here's a picture of the exhaust sensor I was talking about earlierpost-140969-14104120268158_thumb.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the old CBR 250 didn't have this.

Edited by blackpanda

Here's a picture of the exhaust sensor I was talking about earlier

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the old CBR 250 didn't have this.

That is more than likely your O2 sensor

I do not know if other models had them but usually most

250cc+ with FI & a ECU do

I doubt it is as you said in an earlier post a temperature sensor

No real reason to monitor exhaust temps

If folks add a EFI controller like power commander/dynojet etc they plug that hole with a short bolt

on any new header if the threaded hole is there...Same on this stock header if say they add just a slip on & want a controller

They then shunt the old plug in the wiring harness with a provided plug that has a 330k resistor in it. That tells the ECU all is fine & no adjustment needed.

Because that O2 sensor tells your ECU to enrich or lean the fuel mapping in the low end/closed loop

Once you buy a controller you do not want it arguing with that sensor as you

have a better fuel map for what your running

Edited by mania

The yoshi's are pricey so beware parking the bike

I have seen quite a few pics on Thai FB sites of bikes missing their slip on when they come back to the bike.

Even at mall parking lots now.

Trouble is slip-on's are removed in less than 3-5 minutes

(so are the end cans of full systems)

If you get one try & install the pipe clamp with the bolt turned as far inside as possible & hard to get too.

Would like to catch such a thief & slam his head against the bike while he is working angry.png

Then again the couple thief videos I have seen they always work in pairs with a lookout

Wow, staggered that someone would actually steal your exhaust pipe.

Wow, staggered that someone would actually steal your exhaust pipe.

Well they did not steal mine wink.png

I was saying I have seen many stole & the pictures on FB of the bike after.

But yes they do like to steal the end cans & other things too.

But I do not ride my bike to malls etc.

Just ride for fun rides & back home again.