Furious - Refused entry at Suvarnabhumi airport

Lads the biometric passports have been here for years. You can't hide a thing. And do you not think Swampy will be taking extra care with new passports now checking the data from the chip

I have to admit I'm shitting bricks

Please someone. Where can I get my daughters documents translated in Pattaya tomorrow

Frankybear.

Soi Post Office Pattaya, enter Soi from Beach end Translation and Law office about 50 meters up on the right, I have used translations from there in UK, Isle of Mann, and Australia no problems, ask for it to be Certified as a true copy.

Office number is 038710612.

Good luck BW

Edited by bigwilly
  • Like 2

Lads the biometric passports have been here for years. You can't hide a thing. And do you not think Swampy will be taking extra care with new passports now checking the data from the chip

I have to admit I'm shitting bricks

Please someone. Where can I get my daughters documents translated in Pattaya tomorrow

Frankybear.

Soi Post Office Pattaya, enter Soi from Beach end Translation and Law office about 50 meters up on the right, I have used translations from there in UK, Isle of Mann, and Australia no problems, ask for it to be Certified as a true copy.

Office number is 038710612.

Good luck BW

Thank you. I think I should be ok in th end. It'll just mean being out the country 3 months [emoji26]

I would think being a father to a Thai kid should be enough along with my work I of ill, give them along with proof of funds.

Rrrrright?

• Like 1

I have a passport full of visa exempt/on arrival stamps and now working offshore only 2 weeks on/ out of Thailand and 24 days stay,,,,,,fly in next Thursday ,I do not want to get in to trouble at the airport (SV) should I cancel and fly elswhere ?

be prepared with outgoing ticket. hotel reservation and trip plan.

Also, remember this is one person rejected. Does not imply everyone is. one is hundred? one in fifty? one in two hundred? Probably has a luck element too.

I will try. Lets see how this situation develops over the next week.

• Like 1

There was recent talk of upgrading the immigration computer systems by the guy who was in charge before the coup.

He's no longer in charge now as he was replaced by someone else in recent weeks. I have no idea why he was replaced.

Are you sure immigration can see your history if using a 2nd or a new passport?? That says they search by your name.

My experience is they just go through the passport studying the stamps like a detective? Seems looking at a computer screen would be easier?

I have 2 passports and as I have told numerous times here on TV : On my last trip in march I was delayed nearly 5 minutes while the Immigration official was flicking through my passport and her computer and she stated that I had 6 trips in Thailand the last year....................I had 5 trips on my main passport and 1 was on an secondary passport.

Don`t believe the bar-talk about loosing your passport or reneving it.This is 2014 and with all the bollocking Thailand has been getting lately regarding it being a safe heaven for terrorists,money launderers etc. their immigration systems are being revamped.

Never thought of that. I would make a bad criminal, LOL

Good luck to the OP and a good lesson to us all. I use to teach in LOS and planned to come back for an early retirement and study Thai until over 50, but just being a nomad rotating cheap countries seems more appealing at the moment!

• Like 1

Could fly to Malaysia with Airasia and return to Don muang - maybe have more luck at another airport. I would stay a bit in Malaysia and get a tourist visa. Another option is to go to a country on the northern border.

A valid and legally obtained Tourist visa is no guarantee of entry. Holders of valid tourist visas are also being refused entry, especially if they have a history of multiple in outs.

• Like 2

Lads this is no time for piss taking. This is people's lives being ripped apart

Absolutely agree. Get a Plan B together.

Regarding the advice to get a clean passport, this is not a magic bullet. Old passports and new have numbers, they are linked and previous dates and stamps can be seen at a glance.

Last few years Thailand along with many other nations have had an upgrade in Airport security and passport data. It is one of the oldest tricks in the book to cancel or lose a passport and have a new reissued thinking a clean one will guarantee a clean sheet.

This is a fallacy now with security computer systems and shared databases.

a clean passport May help and it may not. One thing is for sure, there will probably be a lot trying it and once one is noticed then itll become normal to cross check. You have to ask yourself having done nothing wrong in the past if losing and getting a new passport constitutes doing something wrong. Effectively claiming a new passport by pretending to lose a previous one when its not true is questionable in both ethics and the action.

Be careful frank before you do what posters here suggest. Please think about what you do and if its really worth doing in the current climate, Thailand is not a place to get into trouble for anything.

Mate I need two passports for work. I will still,have my current one that I will use for my Kazakhstan work permit. And the new one for Thailand. Even before this started that was the plane

Sweet, just wouldnt like to see anyone getting more grief than life already throws up as it is thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

From US Embassy Bangkok website: 07 JULY 2014

The U.S. Embassy and Consulate are not able to intervene with Thai Immigration or the airlines regarding their regulations and policies on behalf of a U.S. citizen who is denied re-entry.

• Thanks 1

Could fly to Malaysia with Airasia and return to Don muang - maybe have more luck at another airport. I would stay a bit in Malaysia and get a tourist visa. Another option is to go to a country on the northern border.

A valid and legally obtained Tourist visa is no guarantee of entry. Holders of valid tourist visas are also being refused entry, especially if they have a history of multiple in outs.

I believe refusal has been happening on the southern border, which is why i said northern border. Also, it maybe worth trying the other airport, as crackdown is not supposed to start until 12th August.

• Like 1

I am hoping the port op and no doubt a few more in the coming weeks will be the end once they see the uproar. Or at least calm down and let guys like us in that have money and relevant documents to show we are not going to work or over stay

Or is that wishful thinking?

• Like 1

Lads will,me having our daughter and getting married gartuntee me getting a visa even though I have a passport rammed with ins and outs?

If you are legally married, you can obtain a Non Immigrant 'O' multi entry visa. With this you can come and go as you please for one year, extendable to 15 months, providing you enter Thailand before the expiry date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am hoping the port op and no doubt a few more in the coming weeks will be the end once they see the uproar. Or at least calm down and let guys like us in that have money and relevant documents to show we are not going to work or over stay

My advice is hope for the best possible outcome.

But plan for the worst.

• Like 2

Lads will,me having our daughter and getting married gartuntee me getting a visa even though I have a passport rammed with ins and outs?

Hard to say at the moment bro.

You'd think dependants would be about the best reason there is but right now common sense legit reasons to visit seem to be way down the list.

Seems gambling on the world cup isnt the only risky thing to put a bet on in Thailand.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

My advice is hope for the best possible outcome.

But plan for the worst.

I fly to work Sunday for 28. I'll have all my daughter documents in English and her two passports and hopefully get a visa in Glasgow. I'll spend 28 days in Scotland. Then go back to work for 28 days,in Kazakhstan. Then hopefully,this shit,will be more clear. I'm kinda hoping they will show off at the start then clam down on the oil worker types.

I can't see the, sparating families can you?

If you are legally married, you can obtain a Non Immigrant 'O' multi entry visa. With this you can come and go as you please for one year, extendable to 15 months, providing you enter Thailand before the expiry date.

I'm not married. Got the kid though. Intended to get a quickie marriage in a few months when I next come back

For years, Visa service Companies have capitalized on the Visa Runs. Word on the street was that it was acceptable to stay in Thailand for prolonged stays by doing border/visa runs, and flying in an out. Well, many people slowly developed the habit of doing these convenient runs, and relationships, condos, cars and other material items were purchased for their trip back. Not really illegal, but taking liberties and hoping for the best.

This crackdown is too fast....and uncompromising. Decent people are getting caught up in the net, along with riff raff.

Somehow, I feel, a tourist visa might work for you. Fly out quickly and acquire one. It may take 2 days or more...and be inconvenient...but should work.

• Like 1

Think about all the stress this is causing everyone who have done nothing wrong except take advantage of some loopholes that Thailand left open for years. Why not at least let these guys into the country for a week or two to tidy up their affairs.... Shame on you Thailand !

I have always felt that Thais are some of the most inconsiderate people on the planet. This is another confirmation that I was correct.

• Like 2

I'm not married. Got the kid though. Intended to get a quickie marriage in a few months when I next come back

yep same here gona pop out and get an o visa for my daughter.. come back get married.. and then hopefully a yearly .o visa...

yep same here gona pop out and get an o visa for my daughter.. come back get married.. and then hopefully a yearly .o visa...

I'll.be out the country three months. It should have calmed down by then

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just fly to vientiane or savanakhet in the morning and get a visa.

This is very unlikely to be refused entry with a valid visa. Not impossible, but unlikely. Besides, that's the only option the OP has at the moment, correct? There is no non-o visa category for 'visiting condo' or 'visiting owned real estate'. He has not mentioned any other ties to Thailand.

Perhaps he could undertake an approved educational/academic study. That would get him a single entry non-ed. This might take a couple of days to prepare, though.

edit: For those who got immediate family (spouse or kid), you can obtain at least a single entry non-O in penang. Multiple entry may also be possible in Penang according to a couple of people I've talked to for spouse or kid, but Savannakhet the multiple entry non-o is for marriage or legitimized parents only.

Edited by 4evermaat

Troll along Mr I'm not allowed here any more, you had a good following for a few hours.

Geez everyone needs their 15 minutes of fame.

If you was refused entry there is a very valid reason for it.

My guess is because they knew you're a nob head.

???? what are you saying???