Furious - Refused entry at Suvarnabhumi airport

Lads the biometric passports have been here for years. You can't hide a thing. And do you not think Swampy will be taking extra care with new passports now checking the data from the chip

I have to admit I'm shitting bricks

Please someone. Where can I get my daughters documents translated in Pattaya tomorrow

Mate, I searched the Pattaya Forum for you.

Here are two threads ...

document-translation-service-wherehow-much

official-english-to-thai-translation-in-pattaya

If not happy with them ... pick your way though these.

Top,man [emoji106][emoji482][emoji482]

• Like 1

From US Embassy Bangkok website: 07 JULY 2014

The U.S. Embassy and Consulate are not able to intervene with Thai Immigration or the airlines regarding their regulations and policies on behalf of a U.S. citizen who is denied re-entry.

lets see if the US citizens will be 1 or 50 or 500

The OP's experience is a clear example of some immigration officers not understanding the new instructions they have been given. It would have been a good idea for the OP to call the government helpline 1111, but he probably already flew out of Thailand and this advice comes too late for him.

I do think it will calm down for rotational workers in a month or two. Still doesn help the op much though

From US Embassy Bangkok website: 07 JULY 2014

The U.S. Embassy and Consulate are not able to intervene with Thai Immigration or the airlines regarding their regulations and policies on behalf of a U.S. citizen who is denied re-entry.

lets see if the US citizens will be 1 or 50 or 500

OK -- but this may be part of a world wide State Department policy not to intervene in any country's immigration matters.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If you own a condo AND a car in a country, YOU ARE NOT A TOURIST. You are a part time resident.

Garbage. He doesn't work in Thailand. If you have a Tourist visa, and are not working illegally, then you are a tourist.

As for "living in Thailand"... What the heck does that mean? Of course you are living... you'd be dead otherwise.

He is not a tourist, you and many others should learn the meaning of tourist. Owning a house and car, how the hell does anyone call them a tourist. That is just plan stupid remark.

Edited by Mango Bob
  • Like 1

Just fly to vientiane or savanakhet in the morning and get a visa.

A valid and legally obtained Tourist visa is no guarantee of entry. Holders of valid tourist visas are also being refused entry, especially if they have a history of multiple in outs.

Could fly to Malaysia with Airasia and return to Don muang - maybe have more luck at another airport. I would stay a bit in Malaysia and get a tourist visa. Another option is to go to a country on the northern border.

A valid and legally obtained Tourist visa is no guarantee of entry. Holders of valid tourist visas are also being refused entry, especially if they have a history of multiple in outs.

This is very unlikely to be refused entry with a valid visa. Not impossible, but unlikely. Besides, that's the only option the OP has at the moment, correct? There is no non-o visa category for 'visiting condo' or 'visiting owned real estate'. He has not mentioned any other ties to Thailand.

Perhaps he could undertake an approved educational/academic study. That would get him a single entry non-ed. This might take a couple of days to prepare, though.

edit: For those who got immediate family (spouse or kid), you can obtain at least a single entry non-O in penang. Multiple entry may also be possible in Penang according to a couple of people I've talked to for spouse or kid, but Savannakhet the multiple entry non-o is for marriage or legitimized parents only.

I take it I'll be able to get single entry non O in the UK?

Just fly to vientiane or savanakhet in the morning and get a visa.

Could fly to Malaysia with Airasia and return to Don muang - maybe have more luck at another airport. I would stay a bit in Malaysia and get a tourist visa. Another option is to go to a country on the northern border.

This is very unlikely to be refused entry with a valid visa. Not impossible, but unlikely. Besides, that's the only option the OP has at the moment, correct? There is no non-o visa category for 'visiting condo' or 'visiting owned real estate'. He has not mentioned any other ties to Thailand.

Perhaps he could undertake an approved educational/academic study. That would get him a single entry non-ed. This might take a couple of days to prepare, though.

edit: For those who got immediate family (spouse or kid), you can obtain at least a single entry non-O in penang. Multiple entry may also be possible in Penang according to a couple of people I've talked to for spouse or kid, but Savannakhet the multiple entry non-o is for marriage or legitimized parents only.

Most probably. Apply to the Embassy in London, though, not the consulates.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If you own a condo AND a car in a country, YOU ARE NOT A TOURIST. You are a part time resident.

Garbage. He doesn't work in Thailand. If you have a Tourist visa, and are not working illegally, then you are a tourist.

As for "living in Thailand"... What the heck does that mean? Of course you are living... you'd be dead otherwise.

He is not a tourist, you and many others should learn the meaning of tourist. Owning a house and car, how the hell does anyone call them a tourist. That is just plan stupid remark.

you obviously have never been to hawaii or mexico where tens of thousands of americans and canadian tourists own houses and condos!

Americans don't need a visa to go to Hawaii or didn't you know it's not a state

which part of canadians and mexico did u find confusing? canadians in hawaii and americans and canadians in mexico, costa rica, honduras, guatemala, salvador etc etc. and they are tourists who go south for the winter.

• Haha 1

which part of canadians and mexico did u find confusing? canadians in hawaii and americans and canadians in mexico, costa rica, honduras, guatemala, salvador etc etc. and they are tourists who go south for the winter.

None of whom have anything at all to do with Thailand...

Troll along Mr I'm not allowed here any more, you had a good following for a few hours.

Geez everyone needs their 15 minutes of fame.

If you was refused entry there is a very valid reason for it.

My guess is because they knew you're a nob head.

???? what are you saying???

I don't exactly know, I have been watching 'Bottom' and have been drinking turpentine mixed with petrol and pernod.

I think I will beat a hasty retreat and dig out that picture of Sue Carpenter.

the discussion was whether tourists owned condos. and they do

• Like 1

the discussion was whether tourists owned condos. and they do

That may be so but it has nothing to do with visas.

Mate, I don't know about the UK Thai Embassy.

If you are 50 years old + it seems a good option for you.

In Australia it was easy for a friend to get either a single entry, dual entry or mutiple entry Non-O Visa.

He was 50, had a kid in Thailand but not married.

Just a thought ... maybe ask as a seperate thead what the best soloution is for you.

EDIT, the dual entry or mutiple entry Non-O Visas were valid for 12 months.

Edited by David48

K. Sustento -- I agree but it would be within the realm of possibility that the US State Department might issue a special emergency decree/ & request to the Royal Thai Government to aid those US Citizens who have been stranded in another country with all their belongings yet in Thailand because of Thailand's capricious and sudden enforcement of existing Visa/Immigration policies ... but don't hold your breath.

Edited by JLCrab

Last time I checked car dealers in Thailand weren't including residency permits with new Honda cars nor were condo developers offering Thai passports with the strata title.

If only I could get a annual visa with my 7-11 stamps I'd be a happy camper.

tourist

noun

a person who is travelling or visiting a place for pleasure.

Note: accepted to mean NOT WORKING OR CARRYING OUT A TRADE.

Edited by RandomSand

yes it does, tourists are entitled to tourist visas which is what we were discussing

Tourists are only 'entitled' to tourist visas as long as they apply for them before they enter Thailand. Many of the posters on here think that they can just pitch up as many times as they want and get a visa exemption.

While I sympathise with them they are precisely the people who have caused this crackdown by dodging and diving round the regulations. Immigration will only allow the piss to be taken out of them for a limited amount of time before kicking back.

yes it does, tourists are entitled to tourist visas which is what we were discussing

Tourists are only 'entitled' to tourist visas as long as they apply for them before they enter Thailand. Many of the posters on here think that they can just pitch up as many times as they want and get a visa exemption.

While I sympathise with them they are precisely the people who have caused this crackdown by dodging and diving round the regulations. Immigration will only allow the piss to be taken out of them for a limited amount of time before kicking back.

yes and ?

yes and ?

I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. Could you make it a little clearer please?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yeah blame it on the tourists, who are alleged serial offenders.

edit: infact yeah your right depending on your description of a tourist.

Edited by rhythmworx