Furious - Refused entry at Suvarnabhumi airport

I have a passport full of visa exempt/on arrival stamps and now working offshore only 2 weeks on/ out of Thailand and 24 days stay,,,,,,fly in next Thursday ,I do not want to get in to trouble at the airport (SV) should I cancel and fly elswhere ?

I wouldn't cancel and fly elsewhere, but I would have a backup plan in mind should you get refused entry.

• Like 1

I have a passport full of visa exempt/on arrival stamps and now working offshore only 2 weeks on/ out of Thailand and 24 days stay,,,,,,fly in next Thursday ,I do not want to get in to trouble at the airport (SV) should I cancel and fly elswhere ?

yes,of course.Bali can be a good option

Edited by kaobang

This has shit me up. I fly back to work offshore in Kazakstan on Sunday for 28 days. My passport is full of Thai stamps. Not visas. I just come in for the 28 days with the stamp,in the passport. But I do have 4 or 5 Cambodian visas when I did the visa run when I had to stay a few weeks extra. I do have a 6 year old daughter with my Thai Mrs (not married but live together) we have just got my mrs her UK tourist visa and my daughter has both Thai And UK,passport.

I don't own a thing in Thailand. Her name is on the house lease.

Get a new passport.

I'm getting a second one. I think my next 28 off will be at home in Scotland

Now. Where can I get my daughter birth cert translated officially in Pattaya before Saturday?

Ask in the Pattaya forum.

I feel for you all in this situation. Thailand continues to shoot itself in the foot. Most countries would love all that oil and gas cash. Bonkers!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/743445-Help-need-ASAP-with-this-visa-stuff

Get a plan B ready

Well, technically if one owns a condo and owns a car in Thailand, it is getting a bit harder to call the man a Tourist. It can easily be interpreted that he is clearly working off shore and then coming back and living in Thailand.

Why is that? Is a car not possible to use for touring/tourism? And since when do you need to be non-living (undead?) to also be a tourist?

I have a Australian mate who lives in Bang Tao in one of the flash serviced apartments there. He is currently out of Thailand on rotation.

He has an Aussie wife here who stays at their apartment who is pregnant and late in the term.

God knows what is going to happen if he cant get back in.

• Sad 1

This has shit me up. I fly back to work offshore in Kazakstan on Sunday for 28 days. My passport is full of Thai stamps. Not visas. I just come in for the 28 days with the stamp,in the passport. But I do have 4 or 5 Cambodian visas when I did the visa run when I had to stay a few weeks extra. I do have a 6 year old daughter with my Thai Mrs (not married but live together) we have just got my mrs her UK tourist visa and my daughter has both Thai And UK,passport.

Get a new passport.

Now. Where can I get my daughter birth cert translated officially in Pattaya before Saturday?

PM me I'll let you know who I used for all my translating for my kids passport

Sent

Get a new passport.

PM me I'll let you know who I used for all my translating for my kids passport

Mate it won't let me send you it

I have a Australian mate who lives in Bang Tao in one of the flash serviced apartments there. He is currently out of Thailand on rotation.

He has an Aussie wife here who stays at their apartment who is pregnant and late in the term.

God knows what is going to happen if he cant get back in.

tell him to contact the australian embassy

I work offshore. I don't have a visa as a I do 28/28 so come and go on the visa I get at the desk. My passport is rammed with imigration stamps. As a lad has posted tonight. He has been knocked back at swampy. This has. Shit me up as I go to Work in Kazakhstan on Sunday.

I have been with mrs 7 years and we have a 6 year old girl. (We are not married) I am on all her birth Certs. But all in Thai. I am NOT going to come back to Thailand on my next 28 off. I'll go to Glasgow to the mums house. I am getting a brand new second passport anyway (I know they can still see I came and went a lot this last 8 years)y visa

But I want to take my daughter docs with me in Thai and English and get a Typo O visa for being her parent in the Glasgow Thai consulqte. I live in Rayong city. Can someone tell me where I can get all,the docs offically translated in Pattaya please, like tomorrow or Friday.

I work for a good company, they will draught me a letter saying I work 28/28 offshore in Kazakhtan along with 12 month wages slips, my medical insurance in Thailand they cover. I'll also have my Bkk Bank Acc books and my UK back stammers for them too. I do not own a bean in Thailand (rent etc is in my mrs name)

My plan would to be got to work 28 days, have my 28 off in Scotland, and get my visa for being my daughter day (type O right?) go back to work for 28 days thn come back to Thailand on the visa and get married

Does my plan sound doable

If anyone has any help I owe you big time

you can get some help if you contact your embassy.. embassies exist to help their citizens...

I work offshore. I don't have a visa as a I do 28/28 so come and go on the visa I get at the desk. My passport is rammed with imigration stamps. As a lad has posted tonight. He has been knocked back at swampy. This has. Shit me up as I go to Work in Kazakhstan on Sunday.

I have been with mrs 7 years and we have a 6 year old girl. (We are not married) I am on all her birth Certs. But all in Thai. I am NOT going to come back to Thailand on my next 28 off. I'll go to Glasgow to the mums house. I am getting a brand new second passport anyway (I know they can still see I came and went a lot this last 8 years)y visa

But I want to take my daughter docs with me in Thai and English and get a Typo O visa for being her parent in the Glasgow Thai consulqte. I live in Rayong city. Can someone tell me where I can get all,the docs offically translated in Pattaya please, like tomorrow or Friday.

I work for a good company, they will draught me a letter saying I work 28/28 offshore in Kazakhtan along with 12 month wages slips, my medical insurance in Thailand they cover. I'll also have my Bkk Bank Acc books and my UK back stammers for them too. I do not own a bean in Thailand (rent etc is in my mrs name)

My plan would to be got to work 28 days, have my 28 off in Scotland, and get my visa for being my daughter day (type O right?) go back to work for 28 days thn come back to Thailand on the visa and get married

you can get some help if you contact your embassy.. embassies exist to help their citizens...

Mate I fly Sunday. I appreciate you are trying to help [emoji106]

Lads this is no time for piss taking. This is people's lives being ripped apart

Absolutely agree. Get a Plan B together.

Regarding the advice to get a clean passport, this is not a magic bullet. Old passports and new have numbers, they are linked and previous dates and stamps can be seen at a glance.

Last few years Thailand along with many other nations have had an upgrade in Airport security and passport data. It is one of the oldest tricks in the book to cancel or lose a passport and have a new reissued thinking a clean one will guarantee a clean sheet.

This is a fallacy now with security computer systems and shared databases.

a clean passport May help and it may not. One thing is for sure, there will probably be a lot trying it and once one is noticed then itll become normal to cross check. You have to ask yourself having done nothing wrong in the past if losing and getting a new passport constitutes doing something wrong. Effectively claiming a new passport by pretending to lose a previous one when its not true is questionable in both ethics and the action.

Be careful frank before you do what posters here suggest. Please think about what you do and if its really worth doing in the current climate, Thailand is not a place to get into trouble for anything.

• Like 2

Are you sure immigration can see your history if using a 2nd or a new passport?? That says they search by your name.

My experience is they just go through the passport studying the stamps like a detective? Seems looking at a computer screen would be easier?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Are you sure immigration can see your history if using a 2nd or a new passport?? That says they search by your name.

My experience is they just go through the passport studying the stamps like a detective? Seems looking at a computer screen would be easier?

Passports are searched by name and birth date.

• Thanks 1

Lads this is no time for piss taking. This is people's lives being ripped apart

Absolutely agree. Get a Plan B together.

Regarding the advice to get a clean passport, this is not a magic bullet. Old passports and new have numbers, they are linked and previous dates and stamps can be seen at a glance.

Last few years Thailand along with many other nations have had an upgrade in Airport security and passport data. It is one of the oldest tricks in the book to cancel or lose a passport and have a new reissued thinking a clean one will guarantee a clean sheet.

a clean passport May help and it may not. One thing is for sure, there will probably be a lot trying it and once one is noticed then itll become normal to cross check. You have to ask yourself having done nothing wrong in the past if losing and getting a new passport constitutes doing something wrong. Effectively claiming a new passport by pretending to lose a previous one when its not true is questionable in both ethics and the action.

Be careful frank before you do what posters here suggest. Please think about what you do and if its really worth doing in the current climate, Thailand is not a place to get into trouble for anything.

Mate I need two passports for work. I will still,have my current one that I will use for my Kazakhstan work permit. And the new one for Thailand. Even before this started that was the plane

• Like 1

Please. This is not the thread for banter. This is bloody serious for many.

It is an unfortunate turn of events for the OP. To avoid complications in the future, consider getting a visa ahead of time, even a tourist visa. Do not rely on the visa exempt program alone, especially if you have previous multiple VE stamps in your passport.

OP should be going to Malaysia (Penang) and get a single entry tourist visa or other category if needed. But I suppose PP Cambodia is a good option also.

• Thanks 1

Mate I fly Sunday. I appreciate you are trying to help [emoji106]

and so...you can contact them in many ways...u are not goin to get any real help on thaivisa..send a mail to your embassy...post on its facebook page...

• Like 1

Lads the biometric passports have been here for years. You can't hide a thing. And do you not think Swampy will be taking extra care with new passports now checking the data from the chip

I have to admit I'm shitting bricks

Please someone. Where can I get my daughters documents translated in Pattaya tomorrow

• Like 1

As mentioned many, many times. There is no need to lie to get a new passport. It's called voluntary replacement. For some country, e.g UK is normal and legal to have two passports. Just as some here wrote.

However, off topic.

• Like 2

Could be done outside thailand in any embassy. Might be a more convenient route for you

• Like 1

I'm looking for some advice here I'm working in Malaysia with a work permit I also have two triple entry tourist visas in my passport I do six weeks away from Thailand I'm using my last entry on the 15th August just after people have been saying they are stopping people with tourist visas from the 12th

I can't believe this is happening for people who like to spend their time off in Thailand relaxing

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Don't know in Pattaya but did mine at the ministry of foreign affairs in Bangkok (go up 1 flour then a bit to the right).

Lads the biometric passports have been here for years. You can't hide a thing. And do you not think Swampy will be taking extra care with new passports now checking the data from the chip

Please someone. Where can I get my daughters documents translated in Pattayq tomorrow, or should i say today

be prepared with outgoing ticket. hotel reservation and trip plan.

Also, remember this is one person rejected. Does not imply everyone is. one is hundred? one in fifty? one in two hundred? Probably has a luck element too.

• Like 2

Please someone. Where can I get my daughters documents translated in Pattaya tomorrow

Mate, I searched the Pattaya Forum for you.

Here are two threads ...

document-translation-service-wherehow-much

official-english-to-thai-translation-in-pattaya

If not happy with them ... pick your way though these.

• Thanks 1