Will the crackdown on Tourist Visas render other visa classes unworkable?

If I was in the situation (as a teacher, for example), and needed to do visa run, I'd also be carrying all supporting documents (e.g. contract/letter from school) from your employer (the school), to show you are in the process of getting your wp/visa. Only one run should be necessary to do the paperwork for a school job. Those schools who don't have their act together will cause problems for their teachers.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If you are the legal father of a Thai you can get a multiple entry non-o visa without financial proof in Savannakhet Laos.

With just you name on the birth certificate of you child you can get a single entry non-o visas and 60 day extensions at immigration with no financial proof.

yes i m legal father , my name is on birth certificat thai but him mother don t want give me....so ????what doing???

someone know where i can get new thai birth certificat ?

thanks

You can get a certified copy of it at the Amphoe where your child's birth was registered.

You will also need a copy of their house book.

i can go alone ?only with my passport?him mother don t want give a birth certificate and sure she no give me house book too :-(

thanks for info

If your name is on the birth certificate you can do it.

You can also request a print out of the household registration that should be accepted by immigration instead of a house book.

There is another thread about teachers in a similar position. Some were refused entry and ended up going home. I think it will depend on how previous entries you have had.

But this only happen to teachers that work illegally

You need to read the other thread: These teachers left for a quick in/out whilst their paperwork was being done, so they were planning on working here legally, which is what this thread is about. The lesson is that you need to do more forward planning, so you can get everything done in good time.

There is another thread about teachers in a similar position. Some were refused entry and ended up going home. I think it will depend on how previous entries you have had.

Didn't you mean to write: A group of teachers, holding tourist visas, were trying to enter Thailand for work purposes, in direct contravention of the employment prohibition, explicitly stated on their visa, for this type of visa, and were stopped from doing so by vigilant Thai immigration authorities, who refused them entry to The Kingdom.

No, they were waiting for their paperwork to be done. Here is the other thread - the post made by the moderator.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/742854-effects-of-new-outin-visa-regulations-on-teachers/

Hows about this scenario......

Say you have been getting a Multi Entry Non Immigrant O for several years and getting up to 15 months use out of it every time by doing the 90 day border runs.

The last time you obtained this visa back in the UK you had to show financial proof of 1400k GBP monthly but this visa works for you as you go back to visit family in the UK and can leave Thailand as often as you like.Also you dont have to do the 90 day reporting at your local Immigration office.

But useing this method your passport will have many visa stamps in it.Suppose after August 12th you try to do your 90 day visa run to say,Laos,and after stocking up on the duty free try to return to Thailand where your home is.

Could an Immigration Officer not look at your passport and say there are too many visa entries on it and refuse you entry ? Or would they give you 30 days by which time you would have to extend based on marriage or retirement ?

If I was in the situation (as a teacher, for example), and needed to do visa run, I'd also be carrying all supporting documents (e.g. contract/letter from school) from your employer (the school), to show you are in the process of getting your wp/visa. Only one run should be necessary to do the paperwork for a school job. Those schools who don't have their act together will cause problems for their teachers.

The way I read your reply, you are saying that people working on a tourist visa should carry documentation to prove that they are working illegally.

Say you have been getting a Multi Entry Non Immigrant O for several years and getting up to 15 months use out of it every time by doing the 90 day border runs.

The last time you obtained this visa back in the UK you had to show financial proof of 1400k GBP monthly but this visa works for you as you go back to visit family in the UK and can leave Thailand as often as you like.Also you dont have to do the 90 day reporting at your local Immigration office.

But useing this method your passport will have many visa stamps in it.Suppose after August 12th you try to do your 90 day visa run to say,Laos,and after stocking up on the duty free try to return to Thailand where your home is.

Could an Immigration Officer not look at your passport and say there are too many visa entries on it and refuse you entry ? Or would they give you 30 days by which time you would have to extend based on marriage or retirement ?

To stay long time for retirement it is not needed do do border runs.

One gets an one year-long extension of stay at Immigration.

To leave and come back get a re-entry permit.

But this only happen to teachers that work illegally

You need to read the other thread: These teachers left for a quick in/out whilst their paperwork was being done, so they were planning on working here legally, which is what this thread is about. The lesson is that you need to do more forward planning, so you can get everything done in good time.

But they worked before they went for their in/out. Like many teachers they start to work before they have their wp

Problem is that the Non Immigrant O based on marriage is now also under threat ,,,, even if u have all the correct requirements its no longer a 100% slam dunk ,, actually my wife has been making investigations at Immigration and with politicians and it seems that a major crackdown on ''mafia '' using Thai marriage as a way into Thailand is also a major concern and will entail big changes to the way this visa is run in future ,,

she is angry as she realises how our decent family may be affected by this problem until it is all sorted out ????

Everyone here have talked with high ranked immigration officers. And know about the future.

I wonder what politicians she talked with. Because it's a junta here ;)

I don't belive anybody going out/in after 90 days having a non O visa will be in trouble. I did it 3 days ago

I heard from Scott Mallon on his youtue channel that Immigration listen to him and read Thai Visa. If this is true, all of you at Thai Immigration are beautiflul, handsome and wonderful.

Secondly, this is a wish for us. A change of employer is difficult. How about this:

An alien employee on a WP moves jobs. The day he/she leaves (with an offer elsewhere) he/she comes into Thai Imm with the required docs (letter from new employer/old employer/passport etc). He/She is then given a 'employee transit visa'. He can leave and come back on an in/out basis. Or (even better) he/she can transfer an employee on a Work Permit? Yep, have a limit on the amount of times you can do this (say once every three years. Just a suggestion. It's your country.

I don't belive anybody going out/in after 90 days having a non O visa will be in trouble. I did it 3 days ago

Thanks for letting us know. I've been stressing about my up coming visa run.