Will you lose your condo or car?

Bulldozer Dawn

How can you buy a car on a tourist visa?

I have not done so, but after some inquiries, several car dealers told me I could buy a car on a tourist visa, as long as I put down 30 to 50 percent.

You can also open a bank account on a tourist visa. I am converting to an Non immigrant O with a retirement extension. It would be smart to wait for the marriage/retirement option... I sure hope that does not get complicated.

One can buy condos, cars, anything you want on a tourist visa. I have a Honda CRV for sale and I don't care what visa you have...just being me the money in a paper bag and I'll sign over the blue-book to you! The issue is will you be able to register these items in your own name or get a license to operate your purchase in the case of a car on a tourist visa.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most every foreigner with assets in Thailand should start to be concerned. If this can potentially happen to one class of non-criminal foreigners here, why would you assume you're immune?

Stop scaremongering...put your pants on an go have some Chinese noodles and chill-out!

Nobody with any assets has been turned away...why would they be. Nothing has changed...all visas are still available for those who intend to use them for their intended purpose. (Anyone wishing to sell-up and get out can easily get a tourist visa or 30-day entry stamp. Assets can easily be sold by proxy as well...powers of attorney can be drafted and used in Thailand to dispose of assets in ones absence.)

"easily get a tourist visa or 30-day entry stamp"... No - not actually ... it all now depends on whether one has had too many prior extensions based on a tourist visa and/or too many back to back tourists visas and/or exemptions on arrival (visa on arrival as it is sometimes called) with too many extensions ... This type of situation is at the CRUX of the current crackdown... and is the primary reason for it.