In Praise of the 7-11s

NancyL

Yes a thread on 711's had the potential to be really exciting and memorable, but it was obviously a troll much like the Rimping one.

Sad days on TV Chiangmai forum.

Come on give TV a break. Even they have to get into the crack downs..whistling.gif

• Like 1

I feel sorry for anyone having to listen to that ding/dong constantly ringing, hour after hour. I bet the staff there hear it in their sleep. I know I would.

My local 7/11 recently expanded in size and now offers a range of products they didn't have room for previously. I like their triple-blade disposable razors (one can last me about 2 weeks) and the fact that the 7/11 branded water is 1 baht cheaper than the other brands helps me get more our of my budget : )

• Like 1

By the way, is it really cheaper to have one of those phones without a contract where you buy minutes at 7/11 or other shops?

My situation: I rarely make or receive calls or messages, but I need to have a phone just in case. I have a contract with AIS (least possible talk minutes and least possible number of messages) and usually pay about 270 baht per month, automatically deducted from my bank account so I never have to do anything.

7-11 is great for letting you know winter has arrived in CM as well. It's the only time of the year the inside of a 7-11 is actually warmer than the outside.

But seriously, they offer so much convience. I returned to the US recently and agree with everything NancyL has to say about them. Luckily I live in the NE and have WaWa.