Thai sandpaper grits

midzo

Does anyone know where I can find out what Thai sandpaper grits really are? #3, #5, etc. are not internationally recognized grades. I am looking for 80, 100 and 120 grit sandpaper.

I have googled for an hour...no joy.

I'm looking at two pieces of "electrocoated aluminium oxide waterproof abrasive paper" that I just bought at the "Ma and Pa" store in the small town near where I live and they're clearly marked clearly marked No. 100 and N0. 400. I've never seen #3 or #5, etc.

The TOA paintstore and the Mom and Pop both have #1, 3 and 5. All too fine for stripping paint from teak.

The Made in UE stuff with the alligator is garbage. Lasts maybe 2 minutes. Found it openly for sale by the manufacturer. In China.

The EU is part of China now? Did I miss WWIII?

The TOA paintstore and the Mom and Pop both have #1, 3 and 5. All too fine for stripping paint from teak.

The Made in UE stuff with the alligator is garbage. Lasts maybe 2 minutes. Found it openly for sale by the manufacturer. In China.

The EU is part of China now? Did I miss WWIII?

If you have one of those hand held grinders (if not, your neighbor probably does), they sell sanding wheels in various materials and grades. Probably not the best tool for the job, but if you're careful that might work.

I think I would seriously mar the surface with a disk sander. I bought a vibration sander.

I will just keep looking for #9 and #7 sandpaper and assume it's close enough.

Thanks, I found that chart, too. The Thai sizes are not included. The Thai #3 is not very coarse. I think I need #9. #5 is rougher, but still too smooth for my purpose.