I'm in soi 5 immigration now

do they give visa extensions on second double turist visa ? i need go there tommorow and bit stress, cuz visa running out on sunday..

to answer your question, yes they do and why should they stop doing that?

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

never know with them

they migit look in passport and say oh u already extended this visa and one back visa...

do they give visa extensions on second double turist visa ? i need go there tommorow and bit stress, cuz visa running out on sunday..

to answer your question, yes they do and why should they stop doing that?

never know with them

they migit look in passport and say oh u already extended this visa and one back visa...

Of course they can (but the will not) but if you are that afraid about your Visa situation, then Thailand might not be the perfect place to be At This Point in Time. I would be more afraid coming back to Thailand from lets say LAOS with a new TR visa, but not at Immigration within Thailand.

:wai:

Edit 1: The IO's in Jomtien Soi 5 are only there to help you and if you have your paperwork in order and not are rude or disrespectful in any way, they help you any which way they can. In all the years of dealing with them, I have never ever had a problem, and my Dealings with them was with 7 day extensions, 30 day TR extensions, Marriage Extension, Re-entry Permits, 90 day Reports and (hopefully) in a couple of years, Retirement ;)

Edited by MJCM

It also proves that guy saying he got refused at Swampy last night was bullshitting

You have no proof whatsoever to claim that. Different officers can decide differently. Happy to know you're ok for now, but focus on yourself instead of making assumptions for others.

I've been debating with myself what to do all day. I'm going to do my 28!days offshore, then go back to the UK for my 28 off. Get my second passport (which I was going to get before this shit kicked off anyway but with the mrs and kid) Get the relative visa. Go back offshore for 28 days then come back to Thailand as normal with the new visa in the new passport. Get married then take the mrs and kid back to the UK for a few weeks.

I'd rather play it safe. I won't see the mrs and kid for three months. But we'll be fine

Edited by Franky Bear

never know with them

If you qualify for an extension, you will be granted one, period. No matter how many times you did in the past.

Hi guys

I have read before no problems 5 weeks in 5 weeks out of country...I am 5/5 and extend at soi 5 for 1 week every trip but now some people saying you cant do this.

Anyone know the truth ?

Regards

Brian

Have you read the post in this topic or ??

And maybe you can qualify for a Non-O visa ? What is your age, are you married ?

Yeah I read it...not old enough for retirement and not married. Have 1 son in Thailand but tried that 2 years ago and was told nope.

Doesn't matter all look somewhere else for an answer.

Yeah I read it...not old enough for retirement and not married. Have 1 son in Thailand but tried that 2 years ago and was told nope.

You qualify for a 60 day extension with just your son's birth certificate where you're the father.

12 months extension or non-O visa with paternity legalized by the court and 400,000 tbh in bank and, and/or income.

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

You qualify for a 60 day extension with just your son's birth certificate where you're the father.

12 months extension or non-O visa with paternity legalized by the court and 400,000 tbh in bank and, and/or income.

Thanks I will look into it when I get home in 3 weeks.

We are moving into our new house then so not getting through immigration would be a nightmare.

I might give them my 2nd passport as it has less stamps in it.

I think in the next 3 weeks I will see how my friends are getting on at the airports.

Thanks for getting back

I think that one of the problems right now is that since everything seems to be "up in the air" the individual officers are putting in place their interpretation of what the new rules will be. I know an officer that works in one of the provincial offices and she says that everytime they get a new boss, he/she changes all of the procedures and rules to fit his/her agenda! Maybe it will be better once the new rules are published on the Queen's birthday, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Edited by wayned

never know with them

If you qualify for an extension, you will be granted one, period. No matter how many times you did in the past.

Got it. Not much problems.

Transfer stamp to new passport and extension 2400thb...

I work 28/28 and have been using exempt stamps as i am a tourist, ie stay in a villa in a resort and don't work.

I contacted 2 immigration officers that i know and this is their 2 responses(note suprisingly they are totally different!!).

1. He said 4 exempt stamps is enough for 1 year. So 4 trips use exempt and last 2 trips get a tourist visa.

2. Get a tourist visa everytime in Malaysia where I work.

So even these guys dont actually really understand the rules. When i asked first guy to put that in writing he said no as this is just his interpretation and how he will be enforcing it!! Clear as mud!

never know with them

Was it very busy there?, my friend has to go and pick up his extension later today.

Edited by MJCM

@ MJCM your friend should go straight to the retirement desk, show the quecard he got when he put in his paperwork and they will get his passport straightaway. 5 minutes unless he needs a re-entry permit, which is a different que. Tell him to check his extension before he leaves.

Unless of course he still has to apply for the extension.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 4G LTE

Edited by boike

never know with them

Was it very busy there?, my friend has to go and pick up his extension later today.

Yes very busy.

I waitet just 5min to go to desk. But then waited 1h for passport.

Many ppl

• Like 1

@ MJCM your friend should go straight to the retirement desk, show the quecard he got when he put in his paperwork and they will get his passport straightaway. 5 minutes unless he needs a re-entry permit, which is a different que. Tell him to check his extension before he leaves.

Unless of course he still has to apply for the extension.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 4G LTE

Sorry didnt mention this but it was marriage extension and he applied for it last month, and should now get the remainder.

Thanks

Edited by MJCM

I work 28/28 and have been using exempt stamps as i am a tourist, ie stay in a villa in a resort and don't work.

I contacted 2 immigration officers that i know and this is their 2 responses(note suprisingly they are totally different!!).

1. He said 4 exempt stamps is enough for 1 year. So 4 trips use exempt and last 2 trips get a tourist visa.

So even these guys dont actually really understand the rules. When i asked first guy to put that in writing he said no as this is just his interpretation and how he will be enforcing it!! Clear as mud!

4 exempt stamps is enough for a year? Is that Calendar year or rolling 12 month period?

Edited by arunsakda
  • Like 1

4 exempt stamps is enough for a year? Is that Calendar year or rolling 12 month period?

Even he doesn't know, that's the point I was making. It will all depend on each individual officer and how they interpret the rule and how they feel that day

Even he doesn't know, that's the point I was making. It will all depend on each individual officer and how they interpret the rule and how they feel that day

So get a tourist visa every time to be sure

Just throwing this out there while watching the golf. It's probably a load of shit.

But, could they be using the time between now and aug 13 as a "trial period" to see how enforcing the immigration laws works? Meaning they will monitor social networks and people's actual reactions on the ground before implementing them properly?

If they see it's going to be a bad idea then by the 13th of aug we may find they kind of revert to the old ways or somewhere in between?

Or should I log of and go to the pub and keep my stupid ideas to myself? [emoji6]

• Like 1

So get a tourist visa every time to be sure

Not allowed back to back according to the new rules.

Just throwing this out there while watching the golf. It's probably a load of shit.

But, could they be using the time between now and aug 13 as a "trial period" to see how enforcing the immigration laws works? Meaning they will monitor social networks and people's actual reactions on the ground before implementing them properly?

If they see it's going to be a bad idea then by the 13th of aug we may find they kind of revert to the old ways or somewhere in between?

Or should I log of and go to the pub and keep my stupid ideas to myself? [emoji6]

I really don't think any Ministry gives a toss what's going around on a social network/forum site.

Thai Visa members are Only interested in actual experiences on the ground. This is why I started the thread "Knocked back at Swampy?"(=IATA: BKK, ICAO:VTBS, Bangkok International Airport).

Edited by arunsakda
  • Like 1

I fly out tomorrow. I will be going to the UK first after my 28 days offshore. But I am taking copies of my daughters birth Certs, her UK Passport, my house lease agreement, my Bkk bank book, a copy of my mrs ID card and her Thai passport just to cover all the bases.

Edited by Franky Bear

I left through immigration

I asked three different immigration officers if us 28/28 are ok. All three looked at my passport properly with many in and ours roughly 28-30 days apart

All threw different immigration officers said

"No problem for you"

The end