Koh Ngai (hai)

Hello to all you experienced travellers,

I've been told about Koh Ngai resort on this island and the website does look good. Whilst I am keen for a few days away from it all and a bit of peace and quiet, I'm concerned that it might be just toooooooo quiet.

Has anybody been here? Is there anything on the Island other than the resort hotels?

Is it just honeymooners? Is it as difficult to get to as it looks?

Comments and experiences more than welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Has anybody been here?

Yes.

Is there anything on the Island other than the resort hotels?

No.

Is it just honeymooners?

Pretty much. If you are looking for a party, look elsewhere.

Is it as difficult to get to as it looks?

No, you can either charter a longtail boat from Trang, or take the resort ferry.

I spent a couple of days on the island last year on business.

It is as quiet as you imagine. Perfect if you are with a loved one or the wife. There are a few optional trips available like kayaking and snorkelling or you can take the ferry on to other islands in the area.

It really is a very beautiful spot, but is possibly too peaceful for most. Easy to get to as already said, either by charter or resort ferry. Approaching the island in such a way is fun in itself.

Hope you enjoy it if you decide to go. If you are looking for a little more life, try Phi Phi or Lanta.

Ko Ngai now has about 6 resorts (total) and a few restaurants. But Yes, Ko Ngai Resort is off by itself.

For beaches, I like the beach in front of Ko Ngai villa or over (walk) to paradise beach resort. Thapwarin and Cocos are nice places to stay too. Dont miss snorkle a on the nearby Islands- Ko Chueak - Ko Ma etc... Its an east facing beach so its open year around- this time of year I expect very quiet. High season it can get a little busier with a lot of day-trippers about. But there is a good Long tail boat company that runs tours around there from Ko Lanta- see www.lantalongtail.com or PM me if you have any more questions. HH