Non b visa extension for surgery?

I got a non b visa but did not start work due to unexpected required surgery. I still have one more surgery scheduled for early september. My visa expires late august. No work permit was issued against this non-b as I did not accept the job due to the medical situation. Is there an extension available in this circumstance? Do I need to leave the country to get it?

What hospital will you have the surgery? Most bigger hospital with foreign patients have liaison with immigration and can get you an extension very easily.

If you have to do it yourself you will need a declaration from your doctor that you cannot fly and need to have surgery. it should ideally state when you are expected to be able to travel.

This kind of extension is for maximum of 90 days at a time and immigration can have their own doctor have a look at you.

Visit immigration maybe 1 or 2 weeks before your permission to stay ends.

What hospital will you have the surgery? Most bigger hospital with foreign patients have liaison with immigration and can get you an extension very easily.

If you have to do it yourself you will need a declaration from your doctor that you cannot fly and need to have surgery. it should ideally state when you are expected to be able to travel.

This kind of extension is for maximum of 90 days at a time and immigration can have their own doctor have a look at you.

Visit immigration maybe 1 or 2 weeks before your permission to stay ends.

Thanks. I get my surgery done at a smaller government hospital (Nongchok). The surgeons and staff are excellent. The doctor will give me the necessary documentation. Recovery time is 6 to 8 weeks. No problem seeing immigration doctors. Thanks again, very helpful.