Places as wild and crazy as Pattaya (or more so.)

infinity11

5 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Rio De Janeiro must be experienced to be believed. The days of low prices are long gone but it can be affordable if you don't go overboard. I visited in 2006 and the possibilities were amazing.

Consider it may have changed in 12 years.

10 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Rio De Janeiro must be experienced to be believed. The days of low prices are long gone but it can be affordable if you don't go overboard. I visited in 2006 and the possibilities were amazing.

12 years ago! Are you kidding? It's so lawless in Rio, the government has just sent in the army to shoot and kill drug dealers. In the last Olympics, press and athletes were mugged and assaulted in the streets. 

• Like 1

If you are referring to the mongering scene, the only other place in the world that comes close, is Angeles City, in the PI. It is not an attractive town, you do have to be somewhat careful, and the country as a whole is like one huge Tijuana, but with horrendous food. However, the action is amazing, the gals can be really lovely, short time is considered three hours, and the talent and enjoyment level is generally way, way beyond Thailand. And that is true to this day, from what I am told by friends who live there. In general it is a great party town. Now, if sex is not a consideration, there are countless spots already mentioned in this post. All depends on what a man is looking for, and how much cash he has to spend.

Phnom Penh used to be amazing back in the days, before the massive clean up. Samui used to be great too, but is a pale shadow of it's former self. The puritanical clean up has affected the place in a big way, and the same can be said for Phuket, which used to be incredible, decades ago. Costa Rica is crazy overrated in my opinion. Very expensive in general, and although there is some action to be had in San Jose, it is not what it used to be, and is way over priced. Also, the place is very vanilla. But quite beautiful, and fairly pristine. Kind of like Hawaii in that regard. Havana used to be amazing. Now, it is also way, way overpriced. And not nearly as funky as it used to be. 15 years ago it was great fun. Now? 

Edited by spidermike007

On 7/19/2014 at 3:29 AM, NanLaew said:

In my bacchanalian days, it wasn't the locals that made Pattaya wild and crazy, it was the 'tourists'. The locals just came along for the ride, all wide-eyed with amazement.

Then it became politically incorrect to even think about that sort of stuff.

Finally, the 'tourist' demographic changed and all hope was lost.

You must tell that to the girls and punters at the Windmill and other establishments.