Will I be rejected at the airport for 2012 visa history?

My last exit from Thailand was Jan. 30 and I haven't been back for about 6 months.

However, in the past 4 years I admit I have quite a few back to back visas in my passport from the distant past (around 2012) but haven't done this in the past couple of years. The last time I visited Thailand it was only for a month.

Will they look at the history of my back to back visas back in 2012 in my passport and reject me on the spot?

Thanks.

Edited by Restinpeace
  • Like 1

This really is all getting rather silly now.

Next we will have 'I last come to Thailand 5 years ago for a week, will I be allowed in?'

I could not agree with you more. Just stop it now people, seriously, stop it. GD ridiculous question!!facepalm.gif

• Like 2

It would be wise to have print outs of your return ticket and any hotel reservations, along with a reasonable amount of pocket cash/Baht when you hit the Immigration line.

Also, check back here after August 12th. I'm sure there will be first hand posts about actual experiences at airport Immigration once the new rules are on-line.

So why not apply for a new passport? I have never done it from abroad so I guess it would be harder. It will cost a bit - but it wipes out all record of any past travels. This may not be the answer for OP but for some it may help - at least once.

So why not apply for a new passport? I have never done it from abroad so I guess it would be harder. It will cost a bit - but it wipes out all record of any past travels. This may not be the answer for OP but for some it may help - at least once.

If it was true that your passport is the only record of your travels I'd cut a potato into a stamp and make myself legal until 2020. I'd also delete my travel ban to Kazakhstan and notations from Uzbekistan and Mongolia.

In fact, they tend to write these things down these days. Often on computes, rather than just quill and parchment tongue.png

• Like 1

It would be wise to have print outs of your return ticket and any hotel reservations, along with a reasonable amount of pocket cash/Baht when you hit the Immigration line.

Also, check back here after August 12th. I'm sure there will be first hand posts about actual experiences at airport Immigration once the new rules are on-line.

" I'm sure there will be first hand posts about actual experiences ..."

Most of which will be buried in a sea of speculation, rumor and bar stool prattle. And many of those who are actually refused entry may be rather preoccupied and not consider posting on Thai Visa to be their first priority. Then there are those who can't manage to explain whether they arrived with an actual visa, came through on a visa exempt entry, had a re-entry permit & formerly issued extension of stay, or what their history is with Thai immigrations.

It seems that there's already an excessive number of threads rehashing essentially the same questions & generating conflicting reports mixed in with the rumors, speculation and bar stool legal advice. I seriously doubt that all will be clear here soon after 12 August and as time passes the fog will only settle rather than be lifted.

It's somewhat amazing how many people who post regularly on Thai Visa (along with an ever increasing number of newbies) apparently will be affected by rules dealing with serial visa exempt entries, back-to-back tourist visas and overstays. I guess a rather large number of those who so readily post about issues they regard as problems in Thailand have themselves become the focus of a major problem.

• Like 1

You will not have any problem on entry.

They would not look that far back in your passport. Perhaps at your last entry and departure.

Why you think so? I heard from many of my friends already they looked THE WHOLE Passport, some for minutes...why you can be sure in his case they only look a little bit, the last entrys? If they would do so, only look for the last entry, the whole visarun prob some people have at the moment wouldn't exist anyway.

People are getting a bit hysterical about this whole issue. In reality there is going to be a tough visa crackdown, for how long who knows. You must have a reasonable idea if you have been pushing the limits of the rules. There is every possibility if you have back to back tourist visas, more likely if they are double entry, more than one visa exempt in the last 12 months or any overstays that you will be given a hard time or refused entry. It also appears that the main focus will be at but not limited to land crossings.

If you seriously think you have a problem, change your visa or prepare to leave. If you are working illigally then it is likely that your days are numbered unless you can get your employer to legalise your stay with a work permit and appropriate visa.

I think there are thousands of foreigners here or soon to be making their way here who dont look at Thai Visa who are in for a rude shock as I havent seen much publicity about this crackdown except here.

• Like 2

You will not have any problem on entry.

They would not look that far back in your passport. Perhaps at your last entry and departure.

Why you think so? I heard from many of my friends already they looked THE WHOLE Passport, some for minutes...why you can be sure in his case they only look a little bit, the last entrys? If they would do so, only look for the last entry, the whole visarun prob some people have at the moment wouldn't exist anyway.

If you have a lot of stamps, like I do, then they generally do look at the whole passport. They have done that for years, and I am sure they will when I fly back in next time. 2012 is 2 years ago, so can't see the OP getting a hard time IMO

Nobody knows. I think you will get off this time with a warning IMHO if you arrive before 8/12. After that you risk being knocked back at Swampy.

Bring a fresh credit card.

Edited by arunsakda

Mikecat is probably right.

Let's wait and see, but I will certainly find the time to report on my experience at Swampy with loads of stamps on my passport. No back to back though, except one visa run caused by inability to travel overnight during the Curfew period. Just hope for the best!

People are getting a bit hysterical about this whole issue. In reality there is going to be a tough visa crackdown, for how long who knows. You must have a reasonable idea if you have been pushing the limits of the rules. There is every possibility if you have back to back tourist visas, more likely if they are double entry, more than one visa exempt in the last 12 months or any overstays that you will be given a hard time or refused entry. It also appears that the main focus will be at but not limited to land crossings.

If you seriously think you have a problem, change your visa or prepare to leave. If you are working illigally then it is likely that your days are numbered unless you can get your employer to legalise your stay with a work permit and appropriate visa.

I think there are thousands of foreigners here or soon to be making their way here who dont look at Thai Visa who are in for a rude shock as I havent seen much publicity about this crackdown except here.

"there is going to be a tough visa crackdown, for how long who knows."

Oh we know for how long. Till they discover that the baht is going to Malaysia, Cambodia, Philippines and the Chinese are not replacing it fast enough.