UK Emergency Travel Document

so i have a month left here on my visa, 1 full empty page left in my passport, i want to get to Cambodia to get the 12 month business visa and apply for a new passport there but i need 2 full empty pages (1 for the entry visa, another one for the extension after 1 month) so it's not looking good.. someone has suggested i go to the UK embassy in Bankgkok and get the emergency travel document then go to Cambodia to get my new passport

so what does having just one full empty page left means you can get the emergency travel document, and if-so would that allow me to get into Cmbdia on the business visa and apply for a passport??

it's either that or i try Malaysia, i'd prefer Cambodia though, or head back to UK which financially wouldn't be good.

any advice feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

You can use e-visa for Cambodia and save one page. All information is available online.

unfortunately the e-visa is only for one month, i'm going to need a lot longer than one month for applying for a new passport.

A UK Emergency Travel Document is for one way travel back to the UK only, and any ticket purchased would need to have the final destination as the UK only. Travelling to anywhere not on a connecting flight to the UK will be impossible.

Not according to the UK embassy consular section it's ok for a trip to Malaysia and you will get a 30 on entry. At least that's what they told a guy on Thursday when I was there!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A UK Emergency Travel Document is for one way travel back to the UK only, and any ticket purchased would need to have the final destination as the UK only. Travelling to anywhere not on a connecting flight to the UK will be impossible.

Not according to the UK embassy consular section it's ok for a trip to Malaysia and you will get a 30 on entry. At least that's what they told a guy on Thursday when I was there!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That is correct, I did the same thing in March when I was waiting for a new passport.

I had to go to work in Malaysia using the emergency travel document.

I was told it is good for a maximum of 5 visits to countries, however you need to have your travel itinerary when applying for the ETD.

Your itinerary is printed in the ETD.

It is up to you to check if the country you want to travel to will accept it, Malaysia did for me, gave me a 30 day stamp, I had a work visa, but I do not think it made that much difference.

FD

Edited by Fatdog