Argies V Krauts

Simmo

I'm part Kraut, part Aussie

That explains a lot.

And you took the bait . . . gee, two reasons to dislike the English and call them names, but why would one?!

I'm looking forward to the English fans applauding the Portuguese every time they touch the ball!

Whatever, jackr - I'm looking forward to watching a hopefully good game, should be a walkover for England . . .

Chill Lads , I'll be docking 10 points per post from now on........ :o

I'm sure old croc has been a bad boy as well chon, can you doc some off him.........maybe the crime would suit, i don't know, say 24 points :D:D

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my turn to apologise unreservedly. I didn't know you were half Aussie. If I had known I would have realised you didn't have an ounce of football knowledge. :D I'm sorry. :D

Not to worry, lampard, I don't earn my money knowing a lot about football . . . glad to see you doing so well in the competition here . . . well, I can't talk on that account . . . :o

It's my turn to apologise unreservedly. I didn't know you were half Aussie. If I had known I would have realised you didn't have an ounce of football knowledge. :D I'm sorry. :D

Aren't you glad you might have more football knowledge than me, lampard?

Oh oh - I think your waitress is serving you some sauerkraut . . . :o

the argentina coach (jose pekermann) just quite his job...quote: "its over".

well, may be that's for better :

"As Argentina's World Cup squad left Germany over the weekend there was only one man clearly waiting to pick up the reins -- Diego Maradona ...

Maradona, icon of a golden age for Argentine football, has often been touted and has tried to get himself invited into the national team set-up, the last time as recently as last October.

Grondona and Pekerman have said they would welcome Argentina's greatest player with open arms but the volatility of the man and his poor, short-lived coaching experience with a club side a decade back make Maradona a risky choice.

It should surprise no-one, however, if Maradona is picked for the powers of motivation and inspiration that helped him fire up the Argentina teams he led.

Maradona might also be prepared to put more faith in Argentina's natural attacking and ball-playing instincts."

http://worldcup.reuters.com/home/news/usnL02395900.html

I'm 100% Aussie and I'm shitting in the WC tipping competition. How do you explain that?

I don't know why you get this strong anti aussie bias whenever a major sporting event crops up. You apparently have many Aussies as customers in your little bar and presumably you don't piss in their beer every time you serve them, so why the nastiness?.

Jackr and SS are as silly as each other and need no support when throwing their crap.

Did you ever think that the world does not originate and flow from an Englishmans arse, and grown men threatening to kill over a f......g soccer game is very childish?

(I was going to apologise before my insulting remarks, but I couldn't see the point) :D:D:o:D

Edited by Old Croc

pare ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pâr)

par·ing, pares

To remove the outer covering or skin of with a knife or similar instrument: pare apples.

To remove by or as if by cutting, clipping, or shaving: pared off the excess dough.

To reduce as if by cutting off outer parts; trim: pare expenses.

whatever might be said about Maradona now - Argentina ousted England that time ....

And Las Malvinas....?

:D

What about the falklands?

Hey, just wondering when sing sling and jackr are going on their honeymoon?

:o:D

yeah, yeah.... world reknown British warriors ....

but where oh where the glorious days of British empire now? as Roman or any other ...

but we are talking football here, remember? and let me remind you, England has got World cup trophy only ONCE - 40 years ago ! while Argentina - well, at least twice that ! and 14 times Continental title (S. American cup) - England - None (Euro cup)

England's glory came in the 1966 FIFA World Cup, on home turf. Football's inventors were crowned world champions for the first and only time after a 4-2 win against Germany in the final. Geoff Hurst scored a hat-trick in the match.

Since then, England have not progressed beyond the semi-finals. In 1990 they reached the last four but were eliminated by the eventual champions Germany in a penalty shoot-out.

history repeats itself - be that Germany or Portugal, England looses on penalties.

well then - why not score at least 1 goal as, say, France beat Brazil (the more - the better), so that it doesn't end in draw after full time ? :o. then won't be even need to make excuses that "we are not good on penalties". but now it looks like - not good even BEFORE penalties - otherwise why would even it come to penalties at all ? France didn't bother about penalties or complains that they couldn't convert ANY SINGLE of them ! :D