Thais 'need to learn to coexist with those who think differently'

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"Thai democracy is still not complete," he said, adding that politicians were not trusted" What makes him think we trust politician's in our own country?

I don't.

There will never be peace until they stop trying to force things down your throat.

Done deal Thaksin will be bowing out in exchange for his sisters visit to Paris. People will no longer have his red shirt henchmen spreading dissent.

Matter of fact some of them are all ready stopping it they are to busy fighting criminal charges.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"Thai democracy is still not complete," he said, adding that politicians were not trusted" What makes him think we trust politician's in our own country?

I don't.

Me, either!

Exactly. Politicians throughout the world are mostly $35 street whores. What country has noble politicians anymore? Finland? There may be a few. But most are totally corrupt. Bought and paid for by lobbyists (in the case of the completely compromised whores in the US - think Obama, the senate, and the congress), or directly by business interests (Thailand and elsewhere). So, few people have any respect for these money grabbers.

Spidermike

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

It requires critical thinking, a skill not taught in Thai schools, nor will it ever be in the near future as the ruling classes want to keep the masses ignorant.

Easier to persuade them to be happy with their lot.

One can hope that now that that ruling class is gone the new one will improve the education system.

They have all ready taking a giant step towards that getting rid of the pads and deciding on a smart class room instead. I don't agree with introducing some of the classes but then again it is far better than nothing. On the other hand maybe the new classes will teach the Thais that they did not invent the wheel or fire.

I know there are the doubters out there who will say all they are is talk. Well ask that of the people doing the back to back border runs. Ask that of the farmers they said they would pay and did pay.

A peace expert?

Who studies peace and what qualifies you as a peace expert?

Your number of John Lennon albums and how many spliffs you smoke a day?

----------------------------

Thank you.

You just provided a perfect example of what he was saying in the original post.

And, I guess anyhow, also showing that problem of not learning to listen respectfully to those who have different opinions from yours is not limited to Thais.

• Like 2

A peace expert?

Who studies peace and what qualifies you as a peace expert?

Your number of John Lennon albums and how many spliffs you smoke a day?

I think it's the retro, peaceful looking shirt he's wearing.

• Like 1

Conflict Resolution is a respected BA -- and involves studying ways to find common ground between opposing sides. Mediators, good ones, are highly valuable and valued. People with this degree study psychology, history, sociology, statistics and often studies granting insights into people with differing viewpoints like world religious studies.

Of course, people who cannot study laugh at learning -- ignorance is a great shield.

• Like 2