An Accident is required for Action on Safety

Head Snake

I am on the final days of my holiday with wife and family (2 small children and assorted other members) here in Bangkok. Today, while prepping to pack my luggage, I opened one of those free business class bags I had handed to my wife and found a travel toothbrush and toothpaste. Thinking I could use this bag, I then sought to remove the "trash" tissue paper inside.

instant pain. I had slit my thumb with whatever was inside. I later learned it was my wife's eyebrow razor blade - just one of many "stashes" she keeps from the kids reach by placing it high on a stack of portable containers.

I showed my wife my bleeding thumb and asked for the first aid kit. You'd think I'd asked her for her best blank look as she gave me one of the best blank looks I'd ever observed.

Long story short: I suggest if you have children to do a safety check and make sure your first aid kit is present and in good shape. old first aid kits are useless for a number of reasons but can be used as a teaching aid.

Lastly, does tobacco help stop the bleeding. Prior to the antiseptic on a gauge, they gave me tobacco leave to help sstem the bleeding which actually appeared to do the trick in the 2 minutes I had put it on.

Basically, in the end, the wife seemed inconvenienced by my silly actions. Why did I open that bag?? seemed to be her concern. Slow was the response. She didn't like my recommendations that glass needs to be eliminated and sharp objects locked away and clearly marked as dangerous.

My blood pressure rising didn't help so I shut up and will instead just go out and buy a first aid kit and maybe look for a youtube video on safety in thai language.

Let us know if you've had similar experience and resulting actions taken

I can only assume you failed to do a full risk assessment before leaving to come on holiday. These days a full and comprehensive risk assessment survey is required before every activity you do to eliminate all risk from whatever you are doing. any risk perceived then the activity needs to be avoided at all costs. whistling.gif

Edited by PiPiFFS
  • Like 1

Two week holiday and the highlight to share and make time to write about is you cutting your thumb!

Amazing!

I suppose it's better than waking up to find that you've been robbed by a Ladyboy laugh.png

Two week holiday and the highlight to share and make time to write about is you cutting your thumb!

Amazing!

I suppose it's better than waking up to find that you've been robbed by a Ladyboy laugh.png

Not really, the ladyboy story would be of interest, memorable, something to laugh about in the future.

Cutting your thumb? Might as well have stayed in bed.

Amazing!

Not really, the ladyboy story would be of interest, memorable, something to laugh about in the future.

Cutting your thumb? Might as well have stayed in bed.

Well there seem to be plenty of those stories in Pattaya News Forum.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

With urgency and great earnestness the dog was barking at something. I looked to see what it was. It was a rat. As my barking sidekick and I tried to corner the vile creature, I tripped and fell. I looked back to see that I'd tripped on the first aid kit lying in the middle of the room. I grabbed it and threw it at the rat, killing it dead instantly.

So, yeah, first aid kits are handy to have around.

T

Today, I woke up at 03:30 am, the kid was crying because he wanted to pee.

I decided to send some emails off as a means to get my wife's visa. While reading Thaivisa, I was made to realize that my life in Thailand is boring - devoid of ladyboy stories and whatnots.

I realize I hadn't lost my wallet or passport nor has my wife been missing for 5 days while her collection of 5 phones are ringing off the hook.

Next time, I will consider the audience and make sure I write about their ladyboys.

smile.png