Sinsot refund...Its time all farang say no to this outdated peasant dowry system

jack71

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, let me clear this up. I am about the marry a woman I have been with for over 8 years. She is a really wonderful woman. We are not going to have children. She does not have any children. I realize this is quite a sacrifice for her. So, the least I want to do is give her a nice wedding. I also love her family. Really good, hard working people. Very kind and respectful. The wedding I want is nothing like back home, but nice. A reception for a 100 people or so, food, drink, a band, a stage, chair and table rentals, etc. What is considered reasonable, in a village, as an expense for this kind of thing? I really have no idea? No wisecracks please. I am comfortable doing this for her, and her family. Any estimates?

OK, let me clear this up. I am about the marry a woman I have been with for over 8 years. She is a really wonderful woman. We are not going to have children. She does not have any children. I realize this is quite a sacrifice for her. So, the least I want to do is give her a nice wedding. I also love her family. Really good, hard working people. Very kind and respectful. The wedding I want is nothing like back home, but nice. A reception for a 100 people or so, food, drink, a band, a stage, chair and table rentals, etc. What is considered reasonable, in a village, as an expense for this kind of thing? I really have no idea? No wisecracks please. I am comfortable doing this for her, and her family. Any estimates?

30,000 baht and up for that. You can get away with a lot out there, bands and band stands and buffet type food is cheap, as are simple decorations.

Keep a contingency for additional food and drink on the day though as if you think your village wedding will only be 100 people you've got another thing coming.

• Like 1

I DO NOT REMEMBER HOW TO WRITE AND SPELL FROM THE HEAD INJURIES I SUSTAINED THAT NIGHT AND I TAUGHT THEM TO SPEAK ENGLISH AND I UNDER STAND A LOT OF THAI WORDS I HAD A THAI GIRL FRIEND I LIVED WITH FOR TWO AND A HALF YEARS BEFORE THIS ONE AND SHE TAUGHT ME LOTS OF THAI I JUST CANT SPEAK IT BUT I KNOW WHAT A LOT OF THE WORDS MEAN SO I HAVE TO PUT THEM TOGETHER AND THERE WAS LIFE AND ACCIDENT INSURANCE PLACED ON ME BUY AL THEM EVERY TIME I WENT TO THAILAND IF ANY ONE WOULD BE KIND MAYBE REWRITE THAT FOR ME AND EMAIL IT TO ME I WOULD BE GREATFUL I NEED IT FOR COURT

I don't think anyone would wise crack a guy wondering how much his wedding would cost mate.

I think maybe 150k to 200k baht would throw a nice party. I could be wrong however.

There have been several threads on this topic floating around the forum.

Good luck!

I don't think anyone would wise crack a guy wondering how much his wedding would cost mate.

I think maybe 150k to 200k baht would throw a nice party. I could be wrong however.

There have been several threads on this topic floating around the forum.

Good luck!

That is exactly what I am being quoted, so appreciate the validation that it is correct. Her family tends to do things right, so I can count on it being a nice affair. And they are pretty straight people. Plus, I have family and friends flying in from the states, some of whom have never been to Thailand, much less a village wedding. So, should be well worth it, and a nice affair. Thanks.

Spidermike

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

I DO NOT REMEMBER HOW TO WRITE AND SPELL FROM THE HEAD INJURIES I SUSTAINED THAT NIGHT AND I TAUGHT THEM TO SPEAK ENGLISH AND I UNDER STAND A LOT OF THAI WORDS I HAD A THAI GIRL FRIEND I LIVED WITH FOR TWO AND A HALF YEARS BEFORE THIS ONE AND SHE TAUGHT ME LOTS OF THAI I JUST CANT SPEAK IT BUT I KNOW WHAT A LOT OF THE WORDS MEAN SO I HAVE TO PUT THEM TOGETHER AND THERE WAS LIFE AND ACCIDENT INSURANCE PLACED ON ME BUY AL THEM EVERY TIME I WENT TO THAILAND IF ANY ONE WOULD BE KIND MAYBE REWRITE THAT FOR ME AND EMAIL IT TO ME I WOULD BE GREATFUL I NEED IT FOR COURT

Confused American, you need to first rewrite that in english please.

Confused American, you need to first rewrite that in english please.

Way I read it is this guy has married into a family who he feels have attempted to take his life by way of 'accident', and claim the life insurance?

He wants his post re written in clear English so it can be presented in court.

Why wouldn't his lawyer take care of this is my question to him?

ok guys i need some real help !!! really i need to know what i can do i meet my thai wife 6 years ago on line she was to be virgin with good education we talked for about one year before going to thailand her dad started with 100k for the dowey but i went there to get engaged with the promise she would be following to the usa after i blew about 65 or 85 k i cant remember it was crazy traveling every where taking every one she could find a reason to bring with us three mega parties from hell lots of bullshit to the point i should of left then but i was to deep to stop she was coming to me right well i spent my 30 days i think my k plus and now headed back to the usa get ready for new thai wife pay saim legal for her visa but she not fill it out she not understand english ok i need send more money pay for some one help her in thai ok more time more time more excusses getting pissed ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!! her dad says she has to be married in thailand so she has friends family there and it the last her family see of her for a while ok sounded ok i was thinking of her and what would make her happy and i knew in the usa she not have any one i not have any one so thailand it is so now i hear this damm dowery again that i thought we had worked out a long time ago with this 100k dowery i am like hell no so its a every dammmm day thing on this and it not dropping much but i just blew i thinking 85k 6 months ago there so its down to 35k but i have to buy a lot of gold diamonds and pay for all these damm parties and peoples travel rooms u name it i got over it so i spent over 65k this time and its 45 days in thailand this time so back to usa now i have to do a different visa a marriage visa more money more excusses and damm more money for a thi to help again wel more more time ohhhhhhhh shes pregnant now she cant leave now she got to have the baby there but now so far first trip i was talked into buy a used truck help her dads business with a loan for 17500k i never got back and they in return give us a piece of land close to them and a house her dad started to build being milked for this but we need house now i am promised if i sell my home at the beach in sc we could live in her house she owes while we build hers but i cant live with grandma grandpa so its go get another house all the american bathrooms in every house hot water heaters every house american toilets every house and i had to buy a real nice four door isuzu truck for her and baby and everything is supposed to be our names i am trusting my new wife and father in law to do me right i just took there family from poor to very very well off to usa standards to mega rich thai standard but no one is respecting me or treating me good or nice lots of excusses bullshit i getting bad pissed still don't have the wedding money back yet just excusses your name is in company it bought land it bought more houses it go to new mercedez and a bmw suv and a new nissan so now i wont give her dad any more money the baby is coming i not got paid back for the loan the first time yet i not got the wedding money back she never came to usa and ohhh damm i could list a hell of alot on her i trying to keep it short so now this sweet vigin girl id being a real ass i am forced to sign off on the house and land if i not going to give her dad any more money for the new company he has to borrow money on the house they gave us and land in the wedding so much bull shit its driving me nuts i feel i getting but i got a new baby boy coming any day so she wants to go ou thear some music last time before baby comes ok sounds goo di like the tunes and show so of course i pissed need to talk to my family let them know what the hell is going on they have done everything now to keep me from talk to my family back in the states so ui use excuss to go out side cluub smoke and yes i do smoke so i am out side club talking to my parants daddys like there just you son so im lik eyes but what do i do i got baby and new wife and they got over a 175k by this point walking back inside theres a bunch of guys as soon as i walk up inside the club they start fighting blocking me from my pregnat wife inside so well i am a biker /racer guy been turning wrenches 35 plus years and a old martail arts guy so any how i try to break it up being as nice as i can so i get to my wife inside and then there trying to kick my ass and i am throwning these guys through the air getting kicked in the back of me head being beat at from all courners and a big dude my size fighting me grabing my hands so i just got feet left any how hes got my hand is some lock so i have to snach my hand break it to get him away get back my grounds so any how i get to wife after al lhell breaks loss cops show up by the car and truck loads and every one nice because i was being nice i wasnt hitting them i just pushed hard and blocked hard and did what i had to so any how back to her dads she telles everything hes like why u not cal lme shit wel i did ok my self but hes mad and talking shit because i fighting thai people but i am trying to keep and get to my pregnant wife that is about to drop my son any day so yes three days latter little mans comes to the wolrd and standing in the hospitail with her family when they bring the baby out her dad says FIRST WORDS OUT HIS MOUTH NOW EXACT WORDS was ohhhhhhhhh that not going to work hes way to white look at your son he looks just like you !!!!! well yah what you think he going to look like so he acts mad and hurt and takes his wife and i thought at that time her sister and they leave go home so i am there got a mega cute little guy my world looking lots lots better after fighting over the house the land the money and the big damm fight so we back home and i got to go buy all this off the wall baby shit right now i mean stuff he wont need before hes a year or two so im like why and her favorite words are its the thai way and thats her favorite word when i not want to do something not understand i am being screwed to bad yet so her dad sets up this big moped show for me to go to he wants me to get up on the stage in front of a lot of drunken thai guys who have been there drinking all day that i don't know and i build harleys not mopeds but hes pushing so hard bought tickets got it for me to be on stage with the guy thats at our big office in nakhon sawan i keep telling them i not going i going to hang around the house take care of wife and baby so it night time early shes gone to bed and i mean she went to bed real early for her big time and we need drinks milk diapers so off to the e i need to go but wait wait her dad took the first truck i bought there gave to some thai guy who works for him and wife says she cant find the keys to our new truck i bought for her so she like take the motorcycle my dad bring for you to ride because i wanted to buy a real bike but they not want me spend my money use my money for company use this moped he bring well we all ready fight over it its to small im a big guy and me and wife had all ready been fight for a solid week over a helmet she kept telling me no need in Thailand i tel yes i need she trys to give me a used chuck of crap to use then we go to buy she wants me get cheapest thing there is i am like no so its a fight we go home no helmet i sneek off get a good one though before riding so back to the night i got the helmet shes says go to store so i do i am only 1 mile max from house 5 min by moped max maybe 3 in real time driving slow so i am hit so hard from behind i just know a drunk driver run me over with a car been hit before by car and i went 303 meters from where the bike fist hit the road and it was a nother thai guy that hit me with his bike and hes laying in the road and he comes another guy aiming right at my head i duck into a ball and he still hits my head ripping the top off my helment and im hurt bad been robbed while lying in the ditcht so i have 5 nice thai girls drag me out the water where i am drowning dieing this other guy is lyeing in the road dieing from head injurys the other guy is over with about 50 other this guys talking every one freaking out i was to die not there freind and i have some one cal my wife i not under stand everything theres only a couple there that talk english and it take my wife 40 to 45 min to drive the truck to get me she runs to the cops first not me i have to drag myself a good 1000 to 1500 feet to wear her and the cops are talking she says wait in truck i am like i want to know whats going on so she drives me to hospitaiol i am messed up bleeding every wear no meat left any wear on arms legs hands so they clean me up just a little at hospitail send me home i am like what i need stay right but wife says they say u can leave so its back to house but i cant walk i am messed up and missing skin meat every wear then its when i can walk move w egot to go to police station and its a lil while to get there but i hear her and her dad out side talking if i died they would have got like 3 and a half million dollars because a accident pay off at three and a half times face value so now i am scared for my life whats going on this is my wife right andf the man i just made rich well its time for the police i ask i need lawyer no it worked out with her dads cop freind you got to pay him 10k and everything ok i like why i got to pay i not do anything they all most kill me it the thai way so we al at the police station her her i thought sister but learn it her daughte rbut she stil lies about it but she has called her her daughte rwhen you catcht her off her gaurde so they tel i got to pay kids family because he dead and i need to give them my retirement for al my life i am like no way this is my wife sitting next to me bleeding me out of every penny i can get for something not my fault and stil wants my retirement ohhhh shits getting deep now so i finnally get that so called worked out i want the us embassy i am told until i pay off every one i not leave the country so me an dmy family are flipping out i am scared to death bad i think my wife is working with her dad to have me killed for life and accident insurance so i say we go to beach i want out the area closer to air port but i am told until i pay off i cant leave so i want the american embassy so wife is fighting me again mega bad this time trust her dad he work out everything you just trust him and me and pay off them people everything going to be ok after that so i am like there is no more money to give shes like give u retirment it be ok i say hell no i cal embassey we are in a restraunt in pattaya with htis going on she throws the phone to me and i cal tel them everything i can shes standing out there yelling at me for trust her dad while i trying to talk they tel stay there they get me out of there and a medicail emergencey flight home they did so back in states messed up so bad and theres been other guys she has done me wrong with before al this from day one she was bad but she was a good girl not a bar girl a good girl good education good family ya right any how i talk talk to her a allmost a year agin i am in love or i wouldnt have been there just got marride new baby and they have over 190k at this point so i got to know in my heart is she helping her dad or is it just her dad i been staying away from him at al cost since that night and deal havnt been back to there town because no trust him or the cops there now and i just land and she does some more weird stuff shes trying to get me to drive this raggy damm peace of shit from her aunts in bkk to lampang for her dad to fisx it up i am like i not can walk u think i going to build a car i not can even get in that so she bugs me all day and preasures me bad this goes on the whole first 7 days we are in bkk fighting over me drive this damm car and i not so finnally its back to the house in lampane not the other two we have in nakhon sawan and theres five other times shes trying shit thats not right she takes off again for 9 days to go party with her dad leaves me mno wheels no money no nothing just sit wait while she goes to party with dad its the second time she has done this and remind you i have never ever got to be alone with this girl any where more than three days was max her dad shows up she got too go back to work i take the last of my money give to her to fix the company in lampang that we was to close upo for her dad it was failing before we moved to chain mai so now i am there we use my americcan ideas and bamm it takes off to the moon and then its time to go back to usa and she rides me around al day and dosent let me see my kid before i leave its a messed up deal i never got to be with my son when he was fors tborn her dad and mom had him when they tried to kill me she used that for excuss then this time i was there 11 days he is talking understanding english she s says no he thai kid so she hires a girl to take care of him from mourning to night i dont get to see or play with him al day only see at night for dinner and bed time and same thing the whole 90 days i am there so i back here broke living in the street for real and then to a storage building shes got four plus million baght in just the one company bank account wont giv eme shit and now i conplain because i find out a bout a austrian guy she fooled around with and she lost a baby and a texas guy and a few thia guys and then she kept talking about some guy in canada new zeland and some where else i picssed and i just find out theres some guy in sinapore she wants to go travle with he going to pay her i raise hel then theres some guy in a band thats a popular band there or use to be so she dumps me and is moving back to her killer dad with my son and is going to leave the baby there and go travle with this other guy build his busiess for him and i am sitting her in the usa and i dont know what to do any body help me any one know a good lawyer she did write me out a contract saying she wil give me back 120k foir the boggus marrige i was conned into but she wants five years to pay me back and has not paid a dime yet what can i do my life is ruined there rich shes a scammer kille rlike her dad

I lost this post due to the writing. I'm not trying to be a grammar freak but a few paragraphs would have been helpful along with some full stops.

Other than that. Just simply say no and if the lady doesn't like it leave.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by bendywire

THESE ARE THE TWO PEOPLE TO BE CAREFUL OF

An explanation would be appreciated.

However, the girl in the last photo looks like the sort that frequently causes normally sane men to lose their brains in Thailand, LOL. Far too pretty.

IMO the sort to stay away from unless you like men hitting on your wife all the time.

Trini Lopez sang it well

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life

Don't make a pretty woman your wife

So from my personal point of view

Get an ugly girl to marry you

A pretty woman makes her husband look small

And very often causes his downfall

As soon as he marries her, then she starts

Doin' the things that will break his heart

But if you make an ugly woman your wife

You'll be happy for the rest of your life

An ugly woman cooks your meals on time

An she'll always give you peace of mind

See man I saw your wife last night

And she sure is ugly,

Yeah baby but she sure can cook

Oh yeah, let me hear you everybody now

<She does not have any children. I realize this is quite a sacrifice for her.>

I understand how you feel as I am in the same situation. It's not easy.

<She does not have any children. I realize this is quite a sacrifice for her.>

I understand how you feel as I am in the same situation. It's not easy.

How i read it......he doesnt want to have children or cant give her children. Hope that his woman is quite strongminded about not willing to become a mother ...if not....writing can be on the wall.

Some farang are pre-programmed to be ripped off and Thai's sniff them out as soon as they get off the plane. I have absolutely no sympathy for those who getvcaught up in the lies, deception and eventual financial ruin. Let's not beat around the bush, they deserve it. As for the spanner-turner, you have absolutely no one else to blame but yourself and now the lawyers will rip you off. As I said, pre-programmed to be ripped off.

Some farang are pre-programmed to be ripped off and Thai's sniff them out as soon as they get off the plane. I have absolutely no sympathy for those who getvcaught up in the lies, deception and eventual financial ruin. Let's not beat around the bush, they deserve it. As for the spanner-turner, you have absolutely no one else to blame but yourself and now the lawyers will rip you off. As I said, pre-programmed to be ripped off.

Don't be harsh. Thai lovelies have what it takes to turn a western man's brain to mush. I'm just lucky that I didn't come to Thailand with a large bank account when I was young and ignorant, or I'd be in the same boat.

• Like 1

Yes, maybe a bit harsh if you're caught once but it's the continual lies over land, property, cars, motorbikes, parties, businesses and just about every aspect of their life if you allow them to. Agree 100% they do dazzle with their looks, sense of fun and wonderful ways but it's not that difficult to see through. A number of years ago in Pattaya I told a girl I'd take her family out for a meal as they were visiting her from Issan somewhere. She wasn't even a girlfriend, just some bargirl I'd known for a week or two. In the end most of the village turned up and I realised I'd been mugged. Their capacity to take advantage knows no shame. She was never hired again.

• Like 1

Yes, maybe a bit harsh if you're caught once but it's the continual lies over land, property, cars, motorbikes, parties, businesses and just about every aspect of their life if you allow them to. Agree 100% they do dazzle with their looks, sense of fun and wonderful ways but it's not that difficult to see through. A number of years ago in Pattaya I told a girl I'd take her family out for a meal as they were visiting her from Issan somewhere. She wasn't even a girlfriend, just some bargirl I'd known for a week or two. In the end most of the village turned up and I realised I'd been mugged. Their capacity to take advantage knows no shame. She was never hired again.

...you mean, ... not by you...

...you mean, ... not by you...

Of course not by me. That's the point I was making, they will accept charity (read sinsod) from anybody and will make up any story (again, read sinsod) in order to extract money from the farang.