Question surrounding Thailand re-entry

Just a quick question.

To those who haven't followed the other thread i made well basically

- A friend of mine went out Thailand by CMX airport with an overstay of 11 months. He paid his fine, got told about the new rules. They said the rules aren't in effect yet and that he won't be blacklisted but to get a good visa.

- We went out through the same airport on a flight with AA to BKK then BKK to PP.

At this moment, we are still in PP (actually he's going to the embassy today) Even though officials told us that the rules aren't in effect yet, an overstay stamp in passeport is obviously not good looking and might play a huge role in the decision of an officer in letting someone in/out. What i would like to know is

- What kind of visa should he apply for at the Embassy? Immigration at CMX told him to get the 'right' visa but he can't apply for his ED outside so which one would be the best to at least be able to go back for 30 days then leave out (30 days is around the time it takes to receive papers from school) It make no sense to apply for a tourist visa considering you're not a tourist so i was wondering if there was some other kind of visa for this transition or simply a visa extempt at airport.

- Can having, for example, a plane ticket showing that you're leaving back in like 25-30 days later in your hands help?

I can't help on this matter as i never had tourist visa before, i'm on my 2nd ED.

Thanks!!

He should apply for a tourist visa because that apparently his only option. You/he should contact an agency to do the visa application because it can take up to 4 days to get the visa unless you use one. I will only cost $10 to $20 to get the visa quicker and with more certainty that it will issued.

He should apply for a tourist visa because that apparently his only option. You/he should contact an agency to do the visa application because it can take up to 4 days to get the visa unless you use one. I will only cost $10 to $20 to get the visa quicker and with more certainty that it will issued.

Thanks you ubon.