Cambodians arrested for robbing Russian tourists in Pattaya

webfact

Cambodians Arrested For Robbing Russian Tourists in Pattaya
By Khaosod English

14058501351405850166l.jpg
Police say they have arrested two Cambodian men for allegedly robbing a pair of Russian tourists in the popular resort town of Pattaya.

CHONBURI — Police say they have arrested two Cambodian men for allegedly robbing a pair of Russian tourists in the popular resort town of Pattaya.

Pol.Col. Suraphee Boonkrong said the incident took place at around 1.20 am this morning near Soi Pattaya 6.

According to Pol.Col. Suraphee, the Russian couple was walking along the beachside road when the suspects parked their motorcycle next to the pair, robbed them, and sped away.

Fortunately, a police officer was patrolling the area at the time and chased after the suspects, eventually arresting them, Pol.Col. Suraphee said.

The suspects have been identified as two Cambodian nationals, age 17 and 19. They are being held at Mueang Pattaya Police Station.

Theft and scams targeted at foreign tourists are common in Pattaya.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1405850135&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-07-21

Russians robbed by two Cambodians on Pattaya Beach Road

russia-21.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Sunday a Russian Woman and her Boyfriend were walking back to their Hotel when they were robbed by two Cambodians.

The incident occurred on Pattaya Beach Road close to the entrance of Soi 6 at 1.20am. Miss Nadezda Bokova aged 31 and her Boyfriend were suddenly confronted by two Cambodians on a motorbike.

As the assailants drove past the pair, the passenger leant over and snatched a bag which was over the left shoulder of Miss Bokova. Inside the bag were mobile phones, her purse and other unspecified items.

Luckily for the pair Police and Police Volunteers were stationed nearby and were able to quickly apprehend the two suspects and return the bag to its rightful owner.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/135707/russians-robbed-by-two-cambodians-on-pattaya-beach-road/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-07-21

Theft and scams targeted at foreign tourists are common in Pattaya.

Slander, libel, defamation. I will sue you... English language news, only see the bad; we also have official extortion for your vacation experience, drug administration by lovely ladyboy nurses, exciting intimidation by our Pattaya pros for your adventure holiday!

See, this is how balanced reporting is done. The Mayor khun Talksalot.

Taking a wife or girlfriend to Pattaya is totally irresponsible.

The crime capital of Thailand is not a suitable family holiday destination, it is geared up for sex-pats and is populated by the most undesirable elements from the underclass of International societies.

As you can see from the photo, the lady does not look amused but rather in shock and is a place better off avoided. People that decide to visit Pattaya do so at their own risk and discretion.

coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif what a K*%B

• Like 1

The crime capital of Thailand is not a suitable family holiday destination, it is geared up for sex-pats and is populated by the most undesirable elements from the underclass of International societies.

As you can see from the photo, the lady does not look amused but rather in shock and is a place better off avoided. People that decide to visit Pattaya do so at their own risk and discretion.

Wives are ok. Its people taking children to pattaya that is disgusting. Children do observe and are easily influenced.

• Like 2

Totally agree with you 100 percent........ Been once and vowed never to go back.... It's the Pitts.....

• Like 1

Totally agree with you 100 percent........ Been once and vowed never to go back.... It's the Pitts.....

Another stupid one who just walked around the sex haunts and never went further than second road ,

• Like 1

One of the tiny minority of tourists that the Pattaya police come through for. Do they know how lucky they are?

No unusual for Patts police to be involved in crimes against tourists.

I think 3 years in prison, deportation and a life ban from entering Thailand should be fair.

We don;t need criminals from other countries, we already have enough Thai criminals.

In Britain ,they would be "pour victims of hard times" given a harsh talking too and sent to the nearest social security office by the dopy left wing idiots in charge.

In Finland they would be given therapy on top of this going through this traumatic experience of being arrested by right wing nazi police officers. Their names, nationality etc. would not be published and most likely this would not be reported in the newspapers anyways.

Another stupid one who just walked around the sex haunts and never went further than second road ,

I lived in Pattaya Klang for over one year, before I moved to Chiang Mai for exactly the sentiments expressed above. Yes, there are pleasant areas to live, but without motorised transport, I had to choose a more central condo apartment. My favourite and cheapest farang restaurant was 18 Coins in Soi Buakhao - yes I could avoid the girlie bars and massage parlours, but it was in my face along with a multitude of undesirables who traversed my path.

So to those who think I am stupid, never saw the upper class side, I didn't have the necessary to enjoy such a lifestyle. Chiang Mai is so much more civilised, and I'm glad I'm out of the pits part of Pattaya.

Edited by stephen terry
  • Like 2

Was not Robert the Bruce the man who said "If at first you don't succeed, try try again"?

I still enjoy a visit to Pattaya and used live near there in Jomtien.It is true though that it attracts the worst of both Thai and Farang .I never found it dangerous ,but my Girlfriend of the day did get her bag snatched while she rode on the back of my motorcycle .I also got an expensive phone stolen while entering a bus in Bangkok.So far after 4 years in Chiang Mai ,i have nothing bad to report.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well you started off OK. I mean who would take their wife/GF to Patts. Coals to Newcastle comes to mind.

Then came the drivel OH Dear. Obviously a well travelled international jet setter in the know.

In Australia this pair of thugs would get a severe thrashing with a wet lettuce leaf and if they did it again it would be with a dry lettuce leaf...and they'd be able to get the dole and social services.

Bob A. Relaxed in Lampang

• Like 1

Well I say well done the police... time to start removing the right hand of these lowlife bastards!

How good and proper we foreigners are that we have never, or even considered, committing a crime in other people's countries.

I can say with hand on heart ,that whilst there is of course crimes committed in Thailand it is by far one of the safest countries I have ever been in.

At least......my flower pots are always still there in the morning where I left them the night before. I don't have to go looking for them (or my tools) in the following Sunday's market been sold for a few pence.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Be careful, no doubt you will get abused by Pattaya lovers. I made a comment on a previous article about Pattaya and all I got was personal attacks by sexpats.

• Like 1

Be careful, no doubt you will get abused by Pattaya lovers. I made a comment on a previous article about Pattaya and all I got was personal attacks by sexpats.

so let me get this right, you get upset that you get abused for calling someone a sexpat, like you just did then?? So then Einstein, what do you know about my life that makes you believe I am a Sexpat??

• Like 1