Appeal for Irishman Matthew Boyle missing in Bangkok

webfact

He's AWOL for just over 2 weeks...... hardly reason to panic yet. Has anybody been to the wine bar to ask ?

Very likely his parents are reading this, and they will be annoyed when people come up with all kinds of wild theories.

Checking at the wine bar would be a logical first move, and after that if need be at his apartment, which is likely to be in the same area.

Anybody with a bit of time to spare who lives in Bangkok?

Well said....I pray that this man is safe and well. This is hardly a topic for trying to show people that you can be witty like in some other posts.

No need to pray,that wont help,as someone wrote the address of the wine bar why doesn't a concerned member ring up and ask,check the vat.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The story line is rather pathetic as they could not even bother to get off their ass and check a few pertinent details. This should be a RTP investigation in liaison with the relevant consular officials.

• Like 2

BKK is a big city, as you know, any idea where this basr is located ? I live in BKK and like a spot of red from time to time ?

Gosh that's hard on you, pal. Spots of red are kind of difficult to find in Bangkok lately.

He's AWOL for just over 2 weeks...... hardly reason to panic yet. Has anybody been to the wine bar to ask ?

Very likely his parents are reading this, and they will be annoyed when people come up with all kinds of wild theories.

Checking at the wine bar would be a logical first move, and after that if need be at his apartment, which is likely to be in the same area.

BKK is a big city, as you know, any idea where this basr is located ? I live in BKK and like a spot of red from time to time ?

what part of the address on post 17 didn't you understand?

This is not meant to be funny or insensitive;

Last week on this forum and in local media were reports of a young, western man, possibly in his 30's wandering the area of Sukhumvit and Soi Cowboy.

He appeared mentally disturbed; shouting out at passersby in an aggressive way.

I can not help but wonder if there is a connection to this disappearance?

Sems this is a joke to many. I doint visit very often, but I have done as "Chicog" suggested. I called the bar, spoke to a lady named "Nok. Seems Matthewis no longer the owner and has not been seen for 3 Months! Maybe somebody who speaks better Thai than I can also give them a call, but seems he no longer owns the bar and has not been seen. I hope this has a happy outcome

• Like 1

Sems this is a joke to many. I doint visit very often, but I have done as "Chicog" suggested. I called the bar, spoke to a lady named "Nok. Seems Matthewis no longer the owner and has not been seen for 3 Months! Maybe somebody who speaks better Thai than I can also give them a call, but seems he no longer owns the bar and has not been seen. I hope this has a happy outcome

He's been shafted and needs some time out. It's a job for the police,immigration would know his address and his whereabouts could be found through his mobile.

Thats Interesting SIP Wine were advertising for new Business partners about 6 weeks ago. They had a strange deal. 20% of the business was up for sale for 100,000 bhat because 1 partner was quickly leaving to go back to the USA.

EDIT::Aw well.. Just read more posts. Seams that he is fine

Edited by Changnoi2

JohnThailandJohn post # 14

Almost worthless article unless the purpose is to give the internet detectives, conspiracy and Thai bashers fuel to spread their thoughts. Not only are even the most simplest of details missing, such as did anyone speak to his partner or check his work or see if he checked out of the hotel or just stopped paying but if this is story looking to raise awareness in case somebody should see him then they should have included a number or contact info on who to report any sightings. Doesn't even say if the police are involved.

If perhaps you have been resident here for more than a couple of years you might just be aware that people do vanish in some dreadfiul circumstances hence friends and family concern.

Did you even read my post or did you just have something to say and picked a random post to respond?

This is odd.

I found Matthew`s facebook profile. His last activity was back in February this year, when he published the photo I have uploaded below.

There is a gap in his timeline from 2011 until he published the below photo in 2012. There is hardly a mention of Thailand and he says; present location: Derry, Ireland, but this is not dated.

There are photos of him in Thailand with who appears to be a Thai girlfriend on tour together, all taken back in 2012 and I discovered this guy was on insulin, so perhaps he was a diabetic? That would explain his pale, gaunt appearance. Could mean he possibly fell into a diabetic coma somewhere and has not been found yet. I think this is one line of inquiry the police should be following and maybe why his family are very concerned after not hearing from him in only 2 weeks?

As a parent myself, my heartfelt concerns go out to the family and hope Matthew is found alive and well soon.

post-110219-0-83160800-1405948888_thumb.

Edited by Beetlejuice

I just called the wine bar - talked to a thai girl who speaks english - she says he hasn't been there at the bar for 3 MONTHS....

so to his family in Ireland.. suggest you call the wine bar at 66-2-714-2223 - talk to the girl and then call the thai police and initiate a missing persons report ?

http://www.thailandguru.com/thailand-tourist-police.html all the numbers are here on the website...

or the brit/irish embassy i would think and get any proper channels going for Bangkok police missing persons.... eh?

• Like 1

Hmmm...maybe time to send in Sherlock Holmes. If Hercule Poirot is needed, tell me...

You are a fool of the first degree and I fail to see anything humorous in the possibility that a person maybe lying somewhere, badly ill, injured or worst.

i hope that one day you end up in a similar situation and I get the chance to crack some sick, pathetic humour at your expense.

• Like 1

I just called the wine bar - talked to a thai girl who speaks english - she says he hasn't been there at the bar for 3 MONTHS....

so to his family in Ireland.. suggest you call the wine bar at 66-2-714-2223 - talk to the girl and then call the thai police and initiate a missing persons report ?

http://www.thailandguru.com/thailand-tourist-police.html all the numbers are here on the website...

or the brit/irish embassy i would think and get any proper channels going for Bangkok police missing persons.... eh?

very good work ringing bar. Very stylish, sophisticated bar - a very costly investment. Edited by ilocos

Message to the Mathews Family:

If you send an email to this address you could get a hold a man called Richard.

[email protected]

I inquired about the Business when I seen an advertisement in May and received a reply from Richard. Hopefully he can give you some info.

Hi.
Where is the Bar. Sounds interesting
Kindest Regards
Allan
Hi the bar is on the main road of sukhumvit 63 (ekkamai soi 4) around 7 mins walk from the BTS. Here is the website www.sipwinebar.com
I can help if you require any more information.
Richard
Ive been there once, ive noticed that its been for sale for quite a while
Hi Allan actually I purchased this bar with my partner 9 months ago, it hasn't been on sale since we purchased it. We've invested 200k in refurbishment, upgrades of air con and now have installed 6 draught beer taps and a fully functional kitchen and food menu from lunch time, also installed a plasma tv and bsr on second floor. This bar comes with a vacant condo in the 4th floor and office space as well.
Hope it help somehow.

Have a look at post 17.

Thanks, Saw the data at Pot #18.

only missing for 2 weeks!!!! I disappear for over a month on some adventure fuelled binge and no body ever asks about my where abouts!

I believe, you are also not contacting your family or friends on a regular basis.

So when you not give a s..t, they to, do not. rolleyes.gif

Did anybody who posted after post no. 39, read post no. 39?

Yes, I read that post a while ago.

Since I have checked online and this story is plastered all over the Western media, some updates only a few hours old and according to the articles Matthew Boyle is still missing and there has not been any new developments in the case.

So I assume that the information given in post no 39 is false and that the poster is a sick crank.

My message to that poster is: get a life and seek some professional help.

• Like 1

This is odd.

I found Matthew`s facebook profile. His last activity was back in February this year, when he published the photo I have uploaded below.

There is a gap in his timeline from 2011 until he published the below photo in 2012. There is hardly a mention of Thailand and he says; present location: Derry, Ireland, but this is not dated.

There are photos of him in Thailand with who appears to be a Thai girlfriend on tour together, all taken back in 2012 and I discovered this guy was on insulin, so perhaps he was a diabetic? That would explain his pale, gaunt appearance. Could mean he possibly fell into a diabetic coma somewhere and has not been found yet. I think this is one line of inquiry the police should be following and maybe why his family are very concerned after not hearing from him in only 2 weeks?

As a parent myself, my heartfelt concerns go out to the family and hope Matthew is found alive and well soon.

Unless you are friends with him on Facebook, you have no idea what updates you are not seeing and better not to speculate as you are just starting unfounded rumors .. gaps in time line .... gaunt appearance from diabieities .... diabetic coma??

Hmmm...maybe time to send in Sherlock Holmes. If Hercule Poirot is needed, tell me...

You are a fool of the first degree and I fail to see anything humorous in the possibility that a person maybe lying somewhere, badly ill, injured or worst.

i hope that one day you end up in a similar situation and I get the chance to crack some sick, pathetic humour at your expense.

Maybe you you hope the same thing on this guy or one of his loved ones and your wish (hope) is coming true.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

This is odd.

Unless you are friends with him on Facebook, you have no idea what updates you are not seeing and better not to speculate as you are just starting unfounded rumors .. gaps in time line .... gaunt appearance from diabieities .... diabetic coma??

Maybe you you hope the same thing on this guy or one of his loved ones and your wish (hope) is coming true.

The insulin part I found on his facebook and as for speculation I have said could be, perhaps or possibly, so I suggest you read my post again and check out the facebook page as I had done. This could be information that has been overlooked and maybe an important issue in the case, so I believe the insulin post on the facebook timeline is worth mentioning.

I do not speculate and do not pass on rumours without first substantiating my facts and have not added anything into this case what is not already there.

Sorry, I have no tolerance for those who can find humour in the tragic situations of others and all that I have mentioned in my previous posts still stands.

The message:

Matthew Boyle
2 September 2011

Asked staff in a well known bar on the walls to put my Thailand vaccinations in the fridge. Now being asked every ten minutes if I have enough insulin.

I do not know exactly what this message means, but I do believe this is important, just in case the guy is ill, which has been my whole point from the start.

Edited by Beetlejuice

If Mathews friends or family are reading this I would suggest you get a private detective to do some legwork and try to follow Mats trail.

Not sure if I can post on here but there are a few out there and easily found on the net. just google Private Detective Bangkok

Good luck and hope hes safe and well thumbsup.gif

They should also check the hospitals. If he went into a diabetic coma and was found he would probably end up in one of the government hospitals. Maybe he left his ID at home or it was stolen.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by balo