Looking for a driver for kid

susanschwaiger

Hallo !

Am really stressed and fed up. Any helpful info will be highly appreciated.

My 21 months baby is in a philipino nursery. We choose this one because all others open so short hours and have many holidays off.

The nursery is no problem. But they only have a broken old car. And they are never on time. Today, they came at 9:30AM as it was broken again on the way.

The boss wants to save money. He no longer used those standard taxi anymore. Just a broken old car.

I'm searching a car to send/pick up my baby Mon-Fri:

8:15 from North Point to Nursery (Soi Wat Nong Yai, opposite BPH )

16:40 pick up from nursery

Only 15 min drive

I've asked some drivers, but they charge quite high. My budget is only 100 baht a day, Song Tiew is also ok. If higher than this, I'd better do this by myself.

Because their are never on time, I can hardly plan my time and concentrate in study and work.

Thanks a lot !

I am not here to embarrass you, but who would send a 21 month old infant on a twice a day journey with someone introduced via the internet for a daily total of 100 baht? Just so you can organise the rest of your day?

Maybe I am missing something here

Was thinking exactly the same myself.... Too busy to have a kid...

May I humbly suggest that is is a straight forward walk. 3.2 km each way. Takes about 40 mins each way. Yes I know this takes about 2.5 hrs out of each day but..

OR you could walk there with your child and catch a motocy taxi back and then get a motocy taxi there and walk back. That would only take say 90 minutes out of your day.

If you rose 45mins earlier in the morning, it would only actually take an addition 45mins out of your day around 16.00.

Being present when other parents arrive/depart might make it possible to strike up a relationship or two and who knows some other parent might live near you.

Anyway best of luck

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the input. In fact, what I'm hoping to find here is:

1. some driver who is some Thai relative of some users here.

2. And he/she happens to live near my home.

I know the chance is very very very little. But won't hurt to ask.

I get up at 6Am every day. My hub drives to Rayong 5:45am to work and most of the days, out of Thailand for business trip. I've tons to work and study.

I think that you are unlikely to find anyone prepared to do that twice a day in a car for 50B per trip, unless perhaps they have to go that way around those times anyway.

Car-pooling might be an option if other parents live fairly near you.

• Like 2

Is there a 'community' noticeboard at North Point where you can pin a request? This assuming it's the swanky, up-market North Point condo we are living in.

It all seems a bit of a stretch to find anyone who will make time to drive the bairn to and from nursery in peak-time gridlock; hardly 15 minutes each way, for 100 baht.

Oh yes, "higher than this, I'd better do this by myself" implies you have your own car?

Problem solved I think.

• Like 1

Susan,

for 100 baht per day there is no chance you will find somebody.

My father in law drives my kids and their cousins, and he hates it (morning

traffic is hell he sais). For 100 baht that will just pay for gas and a bit

of the car.

And, as other have pointed out, I would not trust a stranger with my kids ...

Better of drive them yourself !

good luck !

luudee

• Like 2

Thanks for all your info/suggestion! Solved. After hub extends his working contract in Thailand, we will change nursery for baby.

No, we don't want to buy another car, just for sending/picking up baby.

PS: North Point management is lousy maak maak. I've given them quite some advices, such as setting up a ping pong table, a kid playroom, a library , etc. But they just give you a "S.... T"! We don't have a platform to know each other/help each other etc in this Condo. Have to DIY !!!