At The Time I Thought It Was A Good Idea...

corkscrew

The worst story I ever heard was about a Reno, Nevada (USA) guy who claimed that after a night of boozing he married an albino dwarf.

For me it was shaving my beard after spending months growing it to the length that I wanted it....OK, my wife was happy so it was not a total loss.

There are many stories about the stupid things we do when we are drunk.

for me the WORST thing I ever did when drunk was to mistake an ex-girlfreinds wardrobe for a loo.

Needless to say that was an end of that relationship

for me the WORST thing I ever did when drunk was to mistake an ex-girlfreinds wardrobe for a loo.

This is a fairly common experience. It must be something about wardrobes!

Well... when I was younger, my first ex-wife and I used to have a semi-regular reoccurring stupid act. She and I would occasionally run across each other in one or another of the nightclubs in our hometown. If we were highly intoxicated, as it sometimes happened. We'd start slobbering about our daughter and then proceed to tell everyone that we knew, "We're getting back together!". Our common friends initially praised and lauded us... after a few times. They just told us... "shut up", "go home and screw each others brains out" and "don't worry, you'll hate each other again tomorrow!"; because we always did. We'd wake up the next morning and say.... "Oh God! Not again!", and spend the rest of the morning arguing over who's fault it was that time! We're great friends now, that was more than 20 years ago... we still laugh about that crap to this day.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this guy will regret it. :o

Man cuts off penis in drunken bet

July 21, 2006

A MAN who cut off his own penis in a drunken bet had it stitched back on by Latvian doctors, the first such operation in the country's history.

While strongly under the influence of alcohol, the 30-year-old made a bet with his friend for 1000 lats ($A2600) that he would cut off his penis, according to a Latvian public television report.

He was taken to hospital with severe bleeding yesterday.

"We have had a few cases with penis traumas, when it was half-cut or damaged, but this is the first time that it was totally cut off - and brought to hospital in a plastic bag," said microsurgeon Aivars Tihonovs from Gailezers hospital in the Latvian capital, Riga.

The operation lasted three and a half hours as doctors had to sew six nerves back together, according to media reports.

"The first operation of this kind in the world was carried out in 1977, and it is still very rare," Dr Tihonovs said, adding that such surgery was sometimes needed after bomb explosions.

The surgeon said that he was proud of his work but also "really angry that he (the patient) did it to himself".

Doctors said that it would take four or five days to assess if the operation was successful. It would take about half a year to be sure that the man's penis was functioning properly.

This article from : Agence France-Presse

I think this guy will regret it. :o

Man cuts off penis in drunken bet

July 21, 2006

A MAN who cut off his own penis in a drunken bet had it stitched back on by Latvian doctors, the first such operation in the country's history.

While strongly under the influence of alcohol, the 30-year-old made a bet with his friend for 1000 lats ($A2600) that he would cut off his penis, according to a Latvian public television report.

He was taken to hospital with severe bleeding yesterday.

"We have had a few cases with penis traumas, when it was half-cut or damaged, but this is the first time that it was totally cut off - and brought to hospital in a plastic bag," said microsurgeon Aivars Tihonovs from Gailezers hospital in the Latvian capital, Riga.

The operation lasted three and a half hours as doctors had to sew six nerves back together, according to media reports.

"The first operation of this kind in the world was carried out in 1977, and it is still very rare," Dr Tihonovs said, adding that such surgery was sometimes needed after bomb explosions.

The surgeon said that he was proud of his work but also "really angry that he (the patient) did it to himself".

Doctors said that it would take four or five days to assess if the operation was successful. It would take about half a year to be sure that the man's penis was functioning properly.

This article from : Agence France-Presse

He is now a "Dick Head"

The most serious mistake, I personally have made due to alcohol, was raising a bicycle all up to the top of a flagpole ... That undertaking bended one of my ribs, resulting in a pain I thought might be some serious kidney problems ... That was about 30 years ago (in my age of 23) - and the only time I've ever had to visit a doctor except for vaccinations.

The most serious mistake, any of my personal acquiantances have made due to alcohol, was getting into a car - and 3 minutes later kill an eight year old girl - trying to save her puppy - because the alcohol made him way too slow on the brakes ...

I once booked a first class ticket to Thailand on Aeroflot for £1900 after an argument with girlfriend and did not realise until credit card bill came which of course I questioned and shouted fraud.

Apologies all round to the travel agent who could tell me what time the booking was made on the net and the answers I had given for my first school and first pet for their security questions !.

Never again.

Until the next time.

I`ve done that but modify wardrobe to musical jewellery box on the dressing table with a dancing ballerina ...lift the lid ( musing drunkenly that the toilet lid never played nice tunes before ) Then fill the box totally to the brim not a drop spilt ..now close the box drowning the ballerina of course and return to bed . Nothing discovered until preparing to go out later in the day ..then the end came .....

• 6 months later...

Man attacks shark with bare hands

Friday Feb 16 13:54 AEDT

A South Australian man attacked a shark with his bare hands after drinking copious amounts of vodka and deciding to turn the tables on one of nature's deadliest predators.

The ABC reported that Phillip Kerkhof was the talk of his hometown at Louth Bay after wrestling the bronze whaler shark from shallow water onto the local jetty.

Kerkhof became annoyed when the shark began chasing his squid lures and said he climbed down a ladder into the water and silently stalked the 1.3 metre predator.

"I just snuck up behind him and eventually I went for the big grab and I fluked it and got him," he said.

"He's just thrashing around in the water but then he was starting to turn around and try to bite me and I thought 'well, it's amazing what vodka does'."

Kerkhof emerged from the fray unscathed, although his jeans were ripped by the shark's razor-sharp teeth.

"It's not something I'd recommend to do. When I sobered up I thought about it and I said, 'I'm a bit of an idiot doing it'," he said.

Source ninemsn.com

I was knocking off my ex-boss's daughter several years ago (who was in a relationship) she told me she was pregnant but she was going to pass the child off as her partners, the relationship ended and extremely drunk one night I called by boss and spilled everything out to him.

I went into work the following Monday not remembering what I had done and was promptly summoned to his office... Given the choice to leave quietly or be pushed..

...I left, she had the child (girl) and her partner is none the wiser...

I was living in Glasgow during the early nineties. One night I was completely pissed and on the wrong side of the river from my home, which was in Govanhill. There was a British navy ship stationed on the clyde and all the area around it was fenced off with barbed wire. I decided that there was no way that I was walking back into the city to cross over to where I lived, so decided to break into this ship yard instead. The bridge across was impassible due to barb wire so I climbed under and swung from rail to rail, I have no idea how I made it across. I was cut to bits after but considered myself very lucky. If I had been caught in there I would probably be still in jail now as I am Irish and at the time had long hair and looked like a terrorist.

One night in the fair city of Vientiane: I was returning home after a very heavy night on the town when, as the tuktuk rounded the corner, I noticed half the Lao army, a goodly proportion of the police force and several heavily armed civilians languishing on my doorstep.

Instead of reversing the tuktuk and heading back to town and sorting it out the next morning I alighted and attempted to stroll nonchalantly past them. nearly two meters and around a hundred kilos of very drunk farang attempting to look inconspicuous.

They jubilantly arrested me on the spot and I spent the rest of the night being questioned about living there on a tourist visa.

• 2 weeks later...
The most serious mistake, I personally have made due to alcohol, was raising a bicycle all up to the top of a flagpole ... That undertaking bended one of my ribs, resulting in a pain I thought might be some serious kidney problems ... That was about 30 years ago (in my age of 23) - and the only time I've ever had to visit a doctor except for vaccinations.

The most serious mistake, any of my personal acquiantances have made due to alcohol, was getting into a car - and 3 minutes later kill an eight year old girl - trying to save her puppy - because the alcohol made him way too slow on the brakes ...

Yes, ol' Baccus allows no "do-overs" does he?

One day too late to a meeting.

Funniest story I've heard... hmmm... how to choose?