Four-year old Thai boy dies in a locked school van

webfact

A kindergarten kid dies in a locked school van

BANGKOK: -- A four-year old boy was left to die of suffocation in a locked school van parked under the sun in the compound of Cha-uad district police station in Nakhon Si Thammarat on Monday.

Police said that the kindergarten schoolboy whose name was withheld fell asleep at the back seat of the van which also carried 6-7 other kindergarten school children from their homes to the school in the morning.

The van driver, Anusorn Joengrungruang, later admitted to the police that he did not notice that the victim had fallen asleep in the back seat. After he let the other children get off at the school, he drove the car to the police station for parking and then left in a motorcycle to do some business.

At about noon, Anusorn said he started wondering whether he had already let the 4-year old kid out of his van. He then rushed back to the van, opened the door only to find the kid lying dead. Police said the kid died 3-4 hours ago.

Anusorn admitted that he felt very sorry for not properly checking the van to make sure all the children had disembarked.

The victim’s parents did not press charges against the driver but police said he would still be charged with manslaughter.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/kindergarten-kid-dies-locked-school-van/

[thaipbs]2014-07-22[/thaipbs]

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A kindergarten kid dies in a locked school van

BANGKOK: -- A four-year old boy was left to die of suffocation in a locked school van parked under the sun in the compound of Cha-uad district police station in Nakhon Si Thammarat on Monday.

Police said that the kindergarten schoolboy whose name was withheld fell asleep at the back seat of the van which also carried 6-7 other kindergarten school children from their homes to the school in the morning.

The van driver, Anusorn Joengrungruang, later admitted to the police that he did not notice that the victim had fallen asleep in the back seat. After he let the other children get off at the school, he drove the car to the police station for parking and then left in a motorcycle to do some business.

At about noon, Anusorn said he started wondering whether he had already let the 4-year old kid out of his van. He then rushed back to the van, opened the door only to find the kid lying dead. Police said the kid died 3-4 hours ago.

Anusorn admitted that he felt very sorry for not properly checking the van to make sure all the children had disembarked.

The victim’s parents did not press charges against the driver but police said he would still be charged with manslaughter.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/kindergarten-kid-dies-locked-school-van/

[thaipbs]2014-07-22[/thaipbs]

Oh no, not again!!!

Involuntary manslaughter or involuntary homicide. This appears "negligent" unlike the killing of the police officer on Sukhumvit by the drunk or drugged high speed driver who appeared to "drag" his victim for hundreds of meters while the victim may have still been breathing, and according to news reports, appears to have been malicious intent.

• Like 2

Another avoidable tragedy involving small children locked in school vehicles.  Who hires these useless brain dead numbnuts who don't care about the children they have been entrusted with.

brain dead is about right,useless moron cant count up to 7 or is it 6? I see these vans every day pick up and drop back home,the poor kids are out of the house 10-11 hrs.6am.pick up and 5pm back its no wonder they fall asleep.with no adult to let them on or off.i highlighted back over 2yrs.about these pick ups,no belted up 2or3 in the front yet nobody takes any responsibility.

and who hires them the same brain dead school authority.

how I would have liked to have a son yet their 10 a penny in Thailand.

r.i.p.little one.

• Like 2

Payboy post # 12

5000 baht fine and a suspended sentence, next. 

That serious?

No doubt the murderer will of course throw in a few extra wai's and a bunch or two of flowers and some crocodile tears thus those actions will cleanse what might pass as the mind of the murderer of this innocent child.

Why not hand the  murderer over to the child's family?

No doubt the end result would be a much more effective way to send a message for those who are supposed to care for children on how to carry out their duties..

This is happening far to often lately.   One just died in America a few days ago.   How the hell do you not check your van and know who the hell got off.   Make him sit in the same van for about 6 hours and lets come back and see how he feels.

• Like 1

Another avoidable tragedy involving small children locked in school vehicles.  Who hires these useless brain dead numbnuts who don't care about the children they have been entrusted with.

brain dead is about right,useless moron cant count up to 7 or is it 6? I see these vans every day pick up and drop back home,the poor kids are out of the house 10-11 hrs.6am.pick up and 5pm back its no wonder they fall asleep.with no adult to let them on or off.i highlighted back over 2yrs.about these pick ups,no belted up 2or3 in the front yet nobody takes any responsibility.

and who hires them the same brain dead school authority.

how I would have liked to have a son yet their 10 a penny in Thailand.

r.i.p.little one.

I have just seen one of these vans pick up a 7-8yr.old boy,the driver sat in the van while the boy had to open the sliding door with a large satchel on his back and close it behind him.surely the parents must take some responsibility even if they came out of the house and opened the van door for him.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Payboy post # 12

5000 baht fine and a suspended sentence, next. 

That serious?

No doubt the murderer will of course throw in a few extra wai's and a bunch or two of flowers and some crocodile tears thus those actions will cleanse what might pass as the mind of the murderer of this innocent child.

Why not hand the  murderer over to the child's family?

No doubt the end result would be a much more effective way to send a message for those who are supposed to care for children on how to carry out their duties..

The child's family are 'not pressing charges' adding to the question marks in this case.  I'd be killing him!

Oz

Even the report isn't exactly sure how many kids were in the van!

Count them on, count them off, and check for things left behind in the van, should be standard behaviour.

How tragic!

Yes i also think the school should shoulder some of the responsibility!

Surely it should be a matter of standard procedure to register all the children as they come on and then check the same register as they get off. Jail time for negligence of this kind,  Condolences to the  family!

"Anusorn admitted that he felt very sorry for not properly checking the van to make sure all the children had disembarked.
The victim’s parents did not press charges against the driver but police said he would still be charged with manslaughter."

This is LOS