Tesco Lotus declares to stop selling parrot fish meat

webfact

I don't give a damn what they sell.

I am more interested in the now 3 months of invoices they have failed to pay us for our products they have been stocking and have now cut off their credit line.

Worst customer we have on the books.

There are tones of things that Tesco could do to improve. When I started shopping at Tesco 3 years ago, I thought it was an OK store. Now I hear that their meat is not fresh and sometimes tainted. There are items that I used to buy on a regular basis that they no longer carry or carry once in a while. The one here in Lamai used to have a wonderful International Foods section. The sign is still there but the section has been wiped out. They seem to get worse by the week. It will be great when the new grocery store in town opens around the end of the year. I'll never have to set foot inside Tesco again.

• Like 1

A butcher from school for 12 years, I knew what a side of pork looked like and was taught to cut it properly for window display. The pork they sell is old sow meat -past it's breeding life, you can see by the size of the belly, the colour, and the vast amounts of fat. AT TOP pork prices. It is hacked to large pieces and tipped into a cooler tray for sale. There is no leg of pork joints etc---reason the legs are as big as a hippo so you cannot cut a piece as in the UK round with center bone. The weight of the pig is colossal. Disgusting butchering.

I shop there regular but choose the items carefully-pork never, fish at times, but mostly chicken or duck.

A butcher from school for 12 years, I knew what a side of pork looked like and was taught to cut it properly for window display. The pork they sell is old sow meat -past it's breeding life, you can see by the size of the belly, the colour, and the vast amounts of fat. AT TOP pork prices. It is hacked to large pieces and tipped into a cooler tray for sale. There is no leg of pork joints etc---reason the legs are as big as a hippo so you cannot cut a piece as in the UK round with center bone. The weight of the pig is colossal. Disgusting butchering.

I shop there regular but choose the items carefully-pork never, fish at times, but mostly chicken or duck.

I have always heard the rumor that any good cuts of Thai meats go directly to China. Thais would rather have the money than quality beef and pork. FWIW

• Like 1

Need to stop people catching them! Tesco Lotus a bunch of wusses by comparison with the Thai fishing industry: slavery, press gangs and MONEY!

Does the fishing industry drag their nets where there is Coral?

I would think that would damage the nets.

If the fishing industry drags their nets where there is coral then the cost will be to the marine environment and that cost will be a lot more than their nets.

I have always heard the rumor that any good cuts of Thai meats go directly to China. Thais would rather have the money than quality beef and pork. FWIW

Maybe so, it is the normal side of pork 30 kilos example, where you get small pork chops, leg joints, shoulder, belly, and lean. quality.

The pork that they sell is from 170 kilos for a side min. Rubbish stuff, we call in the trade manufacturing pork, pork pies sausages etc. OLD Sow meat.

Tops have more normal standard UK standard stuff BUT 600 baht a kilo for sirloin and up for fillet steak 800 baht. good but pricey.

The fish topic is a good move -all endangered over fished fish should be outlawed.------It should always inform what is sea caught and what is farmed with hormones.

Need to stop people catching them! Tesco Lotus a bunch of wusses by comparison with the Thai fishing industry: slavery, press gangs and MONEY!

Does the fishing industry drag their nets where there is Coral?

I would think that would damage the nets.

If the fishing industry drags their nets where there is coral then the cost will be to the marine environment and that cost will be a lot more than their nets.

Just look at your local market in villages etc. fish and meat thrown into tin baths, slung onto slabs, that is not so bad really it's what there is to buy--Thais can only buy what is for sale and they think what is for sale is normal--they don't care- lumps of bruised meat carved up worse that a drunken butcher would cut---fish quality the same.